If DJ is injured, the UFC should book TJ/Cejudo for interim title

johncola

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DJ/TJ is obviously the fight to make. If the real reason it isn't happening is because DJ is injured, then they should have TJ fight for an interim title while Mighty Mouse recovers. TJ/Cejudo is an interesting matchup.

As it stands, TJ is already a more legit 125 lb champion than DJ. If, upon his return, DJ still doesn't wanna fight, then just strip him of the title.

In the meantime, there's time for a bantamweight contender to emerge. Cruz and Cody both need fights to bounce back from their losses, Rivera/Moraes is happening, plus you have the likes of Assuncao, Lineker, Dodson, Munhoz, Stamann, all right there too.

DJ/TJ is obviously the fight to make. If the real reason it isn't happening is because DJ is injured, then they should have TJ fight for an interim title while Mighty Mouse recovers. TJ/Cejudo is an interesting matchup.

As it stands, TJ is already a more legit 125 lb champion than DJ. If, upon his return, DJ still doesn't wanna fight, then just strip him of the title.

In the meantime, there's time for a bantamweight contender to emerge. Cruz and Cody both need fights to bounce back from their losses, Rivera/Moraes is happening, plus you have the likes of Assuncao, Lineker, Dodson, Munhoz, Stamann, all right there too.

Wtf no...its not even his division and now he gets a choice of fight for a intrim belt lmao..no way thats bullshit the only fight is agaisnt dj otherwise TJ should worry about his own division and get some title defenses this time around.. Assuncao has been waiting forever for a shot, even dodson has a case if he can win impressively in his next bout and stays away from these spilt decisions.

Cody vs Cruz for interim 135 title in meantime.

You pretty much already said this word for word in the other thread. It made no sense there and it doesn't get any better here.

TJ has a title, so he can defend it, you know... like a real man would.

Know how I know this is a dumb thread? When you say a guy that has never even fought at 125 is a better 125 pound champ than dj. Tj isn't even a better champ in his own division. Lay off the sauce when you're posting

You pretty much already said this word for word in the other thread. It made no sense there and it doesn't get any better here.

TJ has a title, so he can defend it, you know... like a real man would.
I added more content to this thread than the post in the other thread. Plus, this information needs putting out there for people to see. I replied to your reply in that other thread btw.

Yeah, TJ can defend it. But he's been pretty dominant since barely losing to Cruz. He's established himself as the top bantamweight. Meanwhile 125 needs clarification, as the division's previously-dominant champ is unwilling to fight.

Know how I know this is a dumb thread? When you say a guy that has never even fought at 125 is a better 125 pound champ than dj. Tj isn't even a better champ in his own division. Lay off the sauce when you're posting
I'm aware that TJ hasn't fought at 125. He's a better 125 champ than DJ.

I liked your post for the pure idiocy or ridiculous trolling content.

I liked your post for the pure idiocy or ridiculous trolling content.
Thanks. However there's no idiocy there. I think you're mistaken and I imagine you'll be stubborn about coming to terms with that.

How about TJ stops running from his own division?

I added more content to this thread than the post in the other thread. Plus, this information needs putting out there for people to see. I replied to your reply in that other thread btw.

Yeah, TJ can defend it. But he's been pretty dominant since barely losing to Cruz. He's established himself as the top bantamweight. Meanwhile 125 needs clarification, as the division's previously-dominant champ is unwilling to fight.

TJ's not ready to fight BW's but he's good to go against Flyweights? How is that not unwilling to fight?

DJ's injured and has defended his belt multiple times, TJ hasn't even defended once in his current reign and there's people waiting. TJ/Cruz was a close fight (that in my opinion was deserving of an immediate rematch), and his fight with Garbrandt wasn't exactly a one-sided thrashing of Cody either. Rivera's on the rise, as is Moraes and Lineker, so people really have to stop with the "there's no clear contender narrative".

TJ's not ready to fight BW's but he's good to go against Flyweights? How is that not unwilling to fight?

DJ's injured and has defended his belt multiple times, TJ hasn't even defended once in his current reign and there's people waiting. TJ/Cruz was a close fight (that in my opinion was deserving of an immediate rematch), and his fight with Garbrandt wasn't exactly a one-sided thrashing of Cody either. Rivera's on the rise, as is Moraes and Lineker, so people really have to stop with the "there's no clear contender narrative".
TJ is ready to fight either. I just prefer he fight Cejudo for the 125 title rather than defend the 135 title right now.

I know that stuff in the first sentence. I'm not suggesting this based on number of defenses; it's about seeing good fights, and ensuring title legitimacy. There will always be people waiting. Fighting > waiting though, if you're a fighter.

I'm not suggesting BW is barren like 125 is. There are contenders. But to me, one doesn't truly stand out right now. Meanwhile, there's murkiness at 125, in that there's an unwilling champ in DJ, and a contender I think would beat him in TJ.

Back