If DJ doesn't duck TJ

Would have to see TJ at 125 first. We don't know how the extra cut would effect him or what he would look like. We don't even know if he can make 125.

I thought everybody hated extreme weight cutting but suddenly we're asking for more of it?

Would have to see TJ at 125 first. We don't know how the extra cut would effect him or what he would look like. We don't even know if he can make 125.

I thought everybody hated extreme weight cutting but suddenly we're asking for more of it?
TJ offered up moving down so obviously he believes he can and WANTS to.

I do think the weight cut would be an interesting factor but I'm going to assume TJ can do it and look decent since he didn't HAVE to suggest moving down to fight DJ.

Personally, I'm thinking this might be a tough fight for DJ. I believe he'll want to take it to the ground, but I don't know if he'll be able to.

TJ has said he walks around at 148 so this wouldn't really be an "extreme" cut compared to other FLWs unless you don't believe him, it's more that he's a smaller BW.

TJ has said he walks around at 148 so this wouldn't really be an "extreme" cut compared to other FLWs unless you don't believe him, it's more that he's a smaller BW.
Just out of curiosity, when did he say that? I definitely think that walking around 148 is pretty normal for a FW.

There's lots of fighters who offer to move down and then miss weight. Pettis and Alves come to mind, being the most recent. There's lots of fighters who can't even make their own weight class.

Going from cutting 13 pounds to 23 pounds? That's pretty "extreme". Most nutritionists and coaches say fighters shouldn't be cutting more than 15 pounds. 23 is more than 15. That's extreme weight cutting.

We're currently sitting in a time where we're slowly moving away from the extreme weight cutting and today we're now asking the #1 contender at 135 to cut MORE weight. Like that's healthy and beneficial to his performance and health.

I'm cool with DJ fighting TJ but make the weight first. There's lots of guys at 125 that TJ could test the waters with while DJ fights Borg.

I really don't understand the rush. If TJ wants a big fight, wait for Cody. He earned that title shot and they built a TUF around it. Why throw it all away?

Just out of curiosity, when did he say that? I definitely think that walking around 148 is pretty normal for a FW.
On a Rogan podcast a couple years ago I think, he's not a big guy. :D

DJ needs to move up in weight. He's just being a pussy by hiding in that weight class.

As long as it's not for the title i'm fine with the matchup and it's a tough call really.

DJ needs to move up in weight. He's just being a pussy by hiding in that weight class.
Flyweight is DJ's natural weight class though. He never fights with a size advantage, often a disadvantage.

I've got DJ in this fight anyways. 48-47 with some folks complaining that TJ should have won or should have been a draw because of 10-8s.

Can't see TJ making 125. He looks pretty bad at 135. 10 more pounds is a lot.

So did Alves, Pettis, Hendricks, Gastelum, Lineker, Rumble. TJ looks like he can just about make 135. He will miss 125 by 2 pounds and get KOd in the 4th due to cardio.

TJ has no wins at Flyweight.

That's what championships are for. You EARN them in the division.
I don't think it works that way when we talk about moving down divisions. It's assumed if you've reached contender/champ status at a higher weight class that you have earned that level at the weight class below by default. That's why weight classes exist.

i think this fight will end up like the dj vs cruz fight. dj will lose because TJ will be taking him down constantly.

Back