If DC dominates Stipe Miocic, what does that tell us about Jon Jones?

I never said Jones would beat Stipe.

Read my comment again, I said that Jones would've dominated a guy (DC) who would be a top 5 GOAT Heavyweight IF he beats Stipe, which in turn bolsters Jones' resume.
Gotcha, I did misread it. I think you and I agree.

Yup.

You can cry as much as you want about how Jones was too pussy to go to HW or blame it on steroids, but he would've dominated a guy that is arguably one of the top 5 GOAT HWs if he beats Stipe.

Ya but it won't mean much if he was on PED. Then you have to question his who who career.

Wtf Dbreiden

I thought GSP was the GOAT....

I think as far as the greatest of all time conversation goes, You can interchange three men. GSP, Fedor and Jones. Unfortunately Jones has destroyed so much of his reputation by his own screw ups..

It would tell me that drugs are a greater asset than size in some fights.

It means nothing because Jones is a cheat and a drug addict

But here is the problem. When he was dominating he was dominating in a time where probably just about every major contender was using. So that is basically an even playing field. People that don’t like Jones pretend like he was the only one using. We know that is not even remotely the case. In fact there are guys on his resume that are Known users and cheaters.

That PEDs can make all the difference in the world during a fight.

what do they have to do with Jones? Also, doesnt change the fact he took Roids.

He's pointing out 3 steroid users that DC beat with ease, kind of negating your claim that Jones was only able to win because of steroids which is unfortunately a retarded narrative that is believed by way to many people.

Ask yourself this... If you started taking steroids right now would you be able to beat DC in a fight next year?

Of course not right, that absurd. So is thinking thats why Jones did. Steroids aren't magic, they are completely useless unless someone is also willing too put in the work and have the determination to be the best. You can't have one without the other.

It would show that he was scared of going to heavyweight.

Bone Jones legacy and his records have forever been tained due to PED regardless of how talented he might be.

DC will certainly be #1 p4p, but Jones beat him 2X. Does that make JBJ the goat?
For all of your posts, good and bad, are you really going to use MMA math here on a question like this? First, Cormier would not be cutting weight so he wouldn't be as drained as he was in their first "fair fight", so he would come in much stronger. Second, you would have to ask if jones would be allowed PEDs at heavyweight or are we going with the OSP-fight version of jones where he looked and acted as if may have been off the sauce for that one? Third, does jones even beat Cormier in either of their two fights without the juice? You are going to get guys on here that say that he would have won because of his "fight I.Q." or his natural ability or skills but what they all forget is that jones didn't even have enough confidence in himself to show up cleaning KNOWING FULL WELL that he would be under a huge microscope in their second fight because of his first two offenses. He knew that they would be combing through his samples and STILL juiced to fight a shorter, chubbby, much older guy in Cormier. jones is no GOAT, hell jones isn't even close to being an alpha, like he and so many of his fans claim. He has proven to be a coward both in and out of the ring.

Come on Verdades, you can do better than that!

He's pointing out 3 steroid users that DC beat with ease, kind of negating your claim that Jones was only able to win because of steroids which is unfortunately a retarded narrative that is believed by way to many people.

Ask yourself this... If you started taking steroids right now would you be able to beat DC in a fight next year?

Of course not right, that absurd. So is thinking thats why Jones did. Steroids aren't magic, they are completely useless unless someone is also willing too put in the work and have the determination to be the best. You can't have one without the other.
He beat those at heavyweight so he was not drained or dehydrated in those fights. You can see the toll the cuts take on the man and if you can't acknowledge that then no point in continuing.

As for the jones only beating Cormier because of steroids argument, you do know that you are arguing for a "confidence" in jones that YOU HAVE that jones did not have in himself, right? You say that steroids "weren't the reason" but then you have to ask, "why in the hell did he take them?"

........Are we just gonna ignore the fact that Jon Jones is the lance armstrong of mma?

He beat those at heavyweight so he was not drained or dehydrated in those fights. You can see the toll the cuts take on the man and if you can't acknowledge that then no point in continuing.

As for the jones only beating Cormier because of steroids argument, you do know that you are arguing for a "confidence" in jones that YOU HAVE that jones did not have in himself, right? You say that steroids "weren't the reason" but then you have to ask, "why in the hell did he take them?"

I actually agree with the last part.

I wouldn't say I'm a Jones fan but I will admit he started growing on me when he stood up for himself after Dana tried to throw him under the bus for the 151 situation.

Unfortunately I can't help but compare Jones to a young Mike Tyson. All the talent in the world but not mentally strong enough to deal with all the distractions once he got to the top.

His story will likely have the same ending too, people wondering just how good he could have been if he had the mind to back up the talent.

Who cares about Jones anyway?
And MMA math doesnt work. If DC beats Stipe, doesnt mean Jones beats Stipe and all the guys Stipe has knocked out.

Back