If Cormier wins..

would you consider Jon Jones the baddest man on the planet?

I would and always have...there's no one I'd favor in a fight against Jon Jones

jon jones always loses to his drug dealer.

Jones is a junkie. He won because he cheated and used steroids just like Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, Anderson Silva etc.

Jones has been using roids for most of his career. Cheaters are not GOATS and anyone that says otherwise is a fucking clown.

BINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't know, it's always a very hard question imo. I don't think Jones would have the advantages at HW that he has at LHW. People often say that HWs are less skilled, less athletic and so on, but it's just a different kind of beast up there. Many fighters who could fight at HW have stated that there's a reason why they don't do it when they can cut to a lower weight class. Size matters - the big guys are just so powerful. Look at a guy like Ben Rothwell for example. Knocks people out left and right that are way more athletic and skilled than he is. Jones is Jones of course, and he would most likely have great success, but I don't think he'd be undefeated if he had fought at HW his entire career. He could have faced guys like Cain, Werdum, JDS, Stipe, Overeem, Carwin and Lesnar just to name some of the beasts.

The axiom of "styles make fights" overrules all equations of MMA math.

speed kills...just look at the greatest HW's of all time...fedor, Miocic, Cain, cro cop...these aren't huge guys. Jon jones outpoints almost every HW...they all gas and Jon just circles and chips away.

book it
Lol, Jones ain't outpointing Stipe who is a much better boxer with more power and is as tall as him.

Jones apologists are like holocaust deniers.

Ok maybe thats too far.

But something similar!
It's crazy. I'm sort of a fan too but this whole : Beats everyone on the planet easily.' is BS. I see Jones struggling and losing to Cain, Stipe, Overeem and Werdum.

No he's a multi time cheat for one thing. He's just is that guy that has Cormiers number. I would favor alistair miocic Cain and werdum against jones. I mean as we have seen anyone who he has less than a foot reach advantage over he struggles with lol

Jones apologists are like holocaust deniers.

Ok maybe thats too far.

But something similar!

Holohoax didn't happen though. Not sure why you'd even make that analogy but alright I guess.

DC wins then fights Jones 3 in Japan on 31 December, this time both can juice up :p

imagine

i never said anything about being clean

I said who is the baddest man on the planet..who would be favored against anyone they fight? there can only be one

that guy is jon jones

Yup

Exactly why hes ducked HW his entire career.

Cormier's success at HW has nothing to do with Jon Jones' accomplishments at LHW. Cormier might struggle with the weightcut at LHW and be a much better fighter at HW.

If Jon Jones goes up to HW and becomes champion there, then he will have a point. He for sure showed that he's the best under 205. Over that limit, it's just speculation. Still, I believe he could be a quality HW

Jones is a junkie. He won because he cheated and used steroids just like Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, Anderson Silva etc.

Jones has been using roids for most of his career. Cheaters are not GOATS and anyone that says otherwise is a fucking clown.
You are absolutely correct my friend.

would you consider Jon Jones the baddest man on the planet?

I would and always have...there's no one I'd favor in a fight against Jon Jones
Don't think he will win. Stipe is the smartest fighter in the UFC.

i never said anything about being clean

I said who is the baddest man on the planet..who would be favored against anyone they fight? there can only be one

that guy is jon jones
Stipe would murk jones

It's not an appropriate comparison.
Jones is not well-suited to HW. Few, if any of his strengths would really shine in the division.

His reach would still be the longest, but the discrepancy between him and his opponents wouldn't favour him as much. He wouldn't be able to use leverage to muscle guys around to nearly the same extent. The clinch would no longer be his best friend without the height advantage (and with his opponents generally having a weight advantage). The power being tossed around at HW would not be forgiving toward his mediocre boxing. Those skinny legs might snap when eating low kicks from big men.

He also lacks one of the most important qualities for the division: power. It's a dangerous division, in part because at any point anyone can knock anyone out. Jones lacks the power to put the big men on notice, and since the ground may not be the safest place to play without a size advantage, he might find himself trying to work everyone to a decision. Not an easy feat.

Cormier is actually better suited to the division, and is pretty badly suited to facing Jones.

Not a chance in hell. A clean Jon Jones would look like what we saw against Ovince St. Preux, which was far from impressive. DC absolutely destroys that JJ. Jon got busted for his steroid cycling drugs, so he competed clean against OSP and looked like crap. He realized he hadn't a snowballs chance in hell of beating DC without steroids, so he hopped onto his juice. Thankfully the drug testing did its job and busted him.

JJ wouldn't ever have been HW champion without ever having taken steroids.
Or he just didn’t fight as well as normal given he had a lay off of 14 months....

Back