If Cormier wins and Werdum wins and they fight who wins.

Werdum is a tough fight for DC. He needs to tie Werdum against the cage and basically stop the fight from happening.

Happy St. Patrick's Day Sherdog

Werdum is the worst fight at HW for DC.

Werdum isn't gonna take DC down. And he's not gonna outstrike him.

So what's gonna happen is DC getting the better of Werdum in the clinch, then taking him down at will, and not getting submitted. DC has never been submitted.

Well, we need to see how Cormier looks after going back up in weight. I think Werdum beats him, but I also thought Barnett was going to be a tough fight.

So what's gonna happen is DC getting the better of Werdum in the clinch, then taking him down at will, and not getting submitted. DC has never been submitted.

Cain and Fedor had never been submitted too. Also Werdum has a pretty good thai clinch

Werdum is the worst fight at HW for DC.
Agreed... I have always thought that, even bf Werdum fought Cain.. I always felt like Werdum was a bad matchup for both DC and Cain..

All my casual friends told me I was an idiot when I picked Werdum over Cain.. Of course, one of them is the kind of guy that was convinced Overeem beat Shogun in Pride and Fedor had never seen/fought anybody like Arlovski..

Werdum did make it look like Cain was a lower level fighter. I think a lot of guys picked Werdum to win that fight, and will pick him against DC too. I would suspect Werdum is better all over.

Cormier's strategy would probably similar to his fight with Mir. Just get Werdum up against the cage and lean on him to win by points. Much tougher to do with Werdum than with Mir though.

Werdum knees and kicks to the mid torso would be his best weapons. Would he use them enough? Those get hard to throw in a 5 round grind.

Yeah, like Fedor....was.

Alright, I retract what I said. Werdum is a bad matchup for DC stylistically, but I think DC would get it done, Werdum is looking over the hill now.

Back