If Cormier beats Rumble AGAIN, where do you rank him amongst GOATs?

Tramero

50-0 Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Resume if he beats Rumble for the second time: 19-1

-Knocked Bigfoot out, a prime Bigfoot with a 16-2 record, coming off a big win by TKO against Fedor. Not to mention Bigfoot is a natural HW while Cormier is a natural LHW, even a MW if he wasn't that fat

-Lost to pre-USADA Jon Jones, a fighter who later tested positive, so arguably he fought a cheater and considered by many the GOAT, and still gave a good fight

-Beat Rumble Johnson, one of the scarest dudes to ever fight in the LHW division, even in the entire UFC. Not only that but also showed he could take his power

-Outstruck Gustafsson, who is the best boxer in the division (Gus outstruck Jon Jones, talking about hands not kicks), and he did it on the feet despite being 6" smaller and having 7" reach disadvantage over Gus

Another wins: Silva, Nelson, Mir, Barnett

Note: I'd also say Cormier is the less-ducker fighter of the entire UFC, always showing he wants to fight the best of the division, he called out roided Jon Jones after beating Rumble, he didn't give a shit about winning the belt, wanted to fight Rumble for the 2nd time, arguably a small LHW who fought in the HW division etc...

And still the man is hated by many sherdoggers???

061715-UFC-Daniel-Cormier-pi-ssm.vresize.1200.675.high_.87.jpg

He would def be in the top 5 all time imo

Honestly, I would put at no.2 all time LHW ahead of Rampage, Shogun, Wand, Chuck etc.

He needs a nice healthy streak of defenses. Should be closing in on top 5 status.

Whatever happened to sherdoggers calling him black fedor? Where did it all go wrong?

Rumble is a natural WW so no credit there.

just below kosckeck

and 2 steps under vitor

paper champ

Don't you even Sherdog bro?
If he wins he's the GOAT. If he loses he was exposed.
We don't deal in nuances around here.

He LNP'd an out of shape Anderson Silva coming off the couch, so no.

He'll definitely be up there if he is able to defend the belt a few more times. Beating Jon should almost immediately put him near the top.

well GOAT still means greatest of all time and i dont think every second fighter can be GOAT dont you think so

I just can't excited about him until he fights Jon again. I know he's a great fighter and has a lot of great wins, but he has the huge cloud over him - I see him sorta as a perpetual top contender until he fights Jon.

Put it this way.....he'll be rated higher than Jones until he gets caught roiding.

Back