If Cormier beats Jones he is the GOAT in the 205 division

Even if he beats Jones, he'll still be #2 all time LHW.

Fact is, he still lost to Jones the first time and Cormier's body of work as a champion isn't that hot.

1. Split dec over Gus = meh. Gus didn't even win his last fight, he got brutally KO'd by Rumble

2. Rumble 2x

Annnnnnd that's it.

He has to beat Jones twice basically to take GOAT position

So what's Jones best win aside from DC? I'd say Rumble's better than any of Jones wins.

The split over Gus he arguably lost?

MW's Sonnen and Chael?

4 x knee surgery Shogun?

Old Rampage?

Machida was 1-2 in his last 3 going into his fight with Jones?

This one time, at weigh ins, DC stuck a towel in his pussy.

So don't give me that with Jones' questionable wins.

He was off by a pound, you can't say that's the same as PED's.

He would be the GOAT if he beats Jones. Undefeated at heavyweight and avenging his only loss against Jones

1-1 vs Jones is pretty impressive, but after a long layoff And all the things And distractions that happened to Jones, no, I don't think so. Is Tyron WW goat if he beats GSP?

Even if he beats Jones, he'll still be #2 all time LHW.

Fact is, he still lost to Jones the first time and Cormier's body of work as a champion isn't that hot.

1. Split dec over Gus = meh. Gus didn't even win his last fight, he got brutally KO'd by Rumble

2. Rumble 2x

Annnnnnd that's it.

He has to beat Jones twice basically to take GOAT position
Ya I can't stand Jones but this is truth... his reign is too long and too impressive to be eclipsed with one loss, especially to a guy he's already beat.

I think you could make a case for it, but I'd still say Jones at this point.

Can we give the goat talk a break, come back in 20-30 years and tell us about goat

Cormier is the man.

But this is a moot point. He ain't beating Jones...
We talkin' about the same Jones here??? The one that was laying in a puddle of his own piss under Jackson's octagon to escape USADA? The one that fought DC to a close decision while juiced to the gills? The one that finally fought clean against OSP and looked like gobshite, then went back on the sauce, got busted, cried and now has to fight DC clean? That Jon Jones? Juicin' Johnny is about to join the same illustrious ranks as Hector, TRTitor and Ubereem.

So what's Jones best win aside from DC? I'd say Rumble's better than any of Jones wins.

The split over Gus he arguably lost?

MW's Sonnen and Chael?

4 x knee surgery Shogun?

Old Rampage?

Machida was 1-2 in his last 3 going into his fight with Jones?

Jones: Win over DC, split dec win over a version of gus that was riding a 6 fight win streak, Shogun (doesn't matter, he was the champ, Evans, roided/TRT Belfort, Machida who was still in his prime, Ryan Bader who has gone on two seperate 5 fight winning streaks in the UFC

DC: Frank Mir, Barnett, Big Foot, Old man Hendo, Rumble 2x, Split dec over Gus who was coming off of a KO loss

the fact is, Jones is not only a known cheater for eyepokes, but he also is at least POTENTIALLY a steroid abuser after his PED situation.

He also beat a bunch of "legends" who weren't in their prime (Machida, Shogun, rampage etc) and even then forced them back with eyepokes

His win over texeira was horrible, full of eyepokes and it still went 25 minutes (texeira was never the legit #1 contender)

The one time he fought a guy he couldn't eyepoke from 5 feet away, he got the shit beat out of him.

so yes, DC is very easily LHW goat if he manages to beat Jon "It's highly illegal, but i do it" Jones

If he beat Jones then went up and beat stipe for title..would argue both him and fedor were greatest fighters of all time.

Where I come from, if someone ends up on a stretch in the hospital after the fight - they lost.

Yea and Gus was at the hospital in a stretcher to. His mommy told a whole story how she wanted to beat up mean Jones for sending her son to the hospital.

Jones has fought once since the first fight, he's not gonna look the same as before I don't think. D.C. By decision.

True, that's why NYSAC had to amend weigh-in rules after the incident
If they had to amend the rules it means at that time he didn't break any rules. So he did make weight. Rules change.

Back