If conor was in his prime , you think he could've beat bj back then ?

BJ is obviously the better fighter, and would win more often than not.

It wouldn't be close. Conor's on another level on the feet and wouldn't get taken down.

Love this fantasy match-up. Would be a war!!! Both have the ability to get the finish.
I agree. But I would lean towards BJ.

He had a granite chin and good head movement. I think he would have been able to avoid getting finished on the feet and get the TD. He had really good TDs and on the floor he would strangle Conor within two minutes.

If it stayed standing it would have been a lot more exciting though with an adge on Conor's side.

Dream fight I agree. But only a dream unfortunately.

Would look exactly like Penn vs. Bang.

Wow so much shit talk and disrespect. BJ is a great fighter and is Tough as hell.

Just look at what old BJ did to a much bigger Nick Diaz in the first round. BJ was an absolute force. People forget.

Conor got smacked around and choked by Nate in 2. BJ could easily do the same. And he had a granite chin on him. His cardio was also phenomenal at one point.

Prime for prime, this is an awesome fight and i'd favour BJ.

chickened out fighting gsp for a third time, yeah ok bud lol. he lost it happenes, he was exhausted couldnt hold gsp down cause he greased. But regardless he stepped in there with monsters. top guys a lot heavier then him. BJ is the man and its a sin the new generation wasnt around to witness it. Ill never forget watching the uno fight live. amazing

It was gsp vs penn II. Second time, and it took place 8 years ago when BJ was 30 - an age that's 'post prime' when it suits the narrative, but only then. He signed a contract to fight, got massacred in said fight and quit. I've plenty of respect for bj, prime or otherwise but he quit and that's that. Pretending that Conor tapping to a Nate Diaz RNC is more shameful than quitting is just stupid.

Conor's BJJ is underrated.

Conor's TDD is underrated.

And shockingly "still" Conor's striking is underrated.

Conor probably entered his prime with the Alvarez fight. At the moment not even granite chins would save you from Conor like it saved Nate in the first fight. I don't think any LW in the history of MMA can beat Conor more often than not. Khabib would be the closest one but still he would lose more.

I know Connie stuffed Alvarez but his wrestling isn't sensational. Eddie got stuffed multiple times by Pettis. I think bj could get him down and sub Connor like florian. If it stays standing I would have to favor Connor, but it would be a great fight

Would've been a tough fight for both guys, if it hit the mat Conor would be done for and prime BJ had an incredible chin.

BJ had more ways to win, but I think Conor could get the KO.

Conor is accurate and a great power puncher and bj was accurate , medium power but fast . If conor was 8 years younger and fought bj while in his prime who you think would've won ? I think baby conor beats prime bj anytime
The BJ Penn that fought Kenny and Diego, may be the worst matchup for Conor out of all fantasy matches.

BJ Taps his ass out 9/10 times.

The BJ Penn that fought Kenny and Diego, may be the worst matchup for Conor out of all fantasy matches.

BJ Taps his ass out 9/10 times.

Although actually I think the best BJ was a little before that around the point he beat Hughes the first time and Gomi when he used his grappling offensively more often.

That BJ around today would I think actually be more threatened by several other fighters than Conor, Aldo most obviously who I could see avoiding punishment early and then outworking his latter. Fergerson and maybe RDA as well testing him in terms of output and cardio rather than trying to KO him,

BJ in his prime used lots more grappling. Conor has no ground game and wouldn't stand a chance if he got taken down. Always that puncher's chance though.

It was gsp vs penn II. Second time, and it took place 8 years ago when BJ was 30 - an age that's 'post prime' when it suits the narrative, but only then. He signed a contract to fight, got massacred in said fight and quit. I've plenty of respect for bj, prime or otherwise but he quit and that's that. Pretending that Conor tapping to a Nate Diaz RNC is more shameful than quitting is just stupid.

Except for the fact Conor actually quit before he tapped. He quit by going for a takedown, a TAKEDOWN. Conor fists of steel McGregor I'm boxing god nobody can take 1 punch etc. went for a takedown. If you don't see how he quit, well, your brain has quit on you.

tapping to nate off a choke when he came off a vacation in cabo and didnt have a training camp is far more embarrassing then a 145lb fighter losing to gsp. BJ was gassed hard, gsp trainned to tire out bjs body and it worked amazing, after the fight he stated how he wanted to work bj so his shoulders build up with lactic acid. Anyway i guess its a matter of opinion, but to me conor losing to nate the way he did with the circumstances that surrounded everything is way more embarrassing. Part that hurts bj the most is the whole to the death george. That added insult to injury for bj for sure

Back