If Conor returns, is it even going to be the same Conor?

UFCFreak89

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Regardless if you love or hate Conor there is no denying that he always comes to fight and never puts on a boring performance... that being said, after all this time it's become quite apparent that its now about the money and not about being the best.

If it was about being the best, he would have already attempted to cement legacy by beating either Tony or Khabib at 155. Does the Conor fighting for money perform as well as the Conor fighting for Greatness? Thats obviously if he even comes back at all.

If he doesn't put on at least 4 fights in the next 24 months, i see this going down as one of the greatest wastes of potential in MMA history, and thats including how successful he has already been.

Regardless if you love or hate Conor there is no denying that he always comes to fight and never puts on a boring performance... that being said, after all this time it's become quite apparent that its now about the money and not about being the best.

If it was about being the best, he would have already attempted to cement legacy by beating either Tony or Khabib at 155. Does the Conor fighting for money perform as well as the Conor fighting for Greatness? Thats obviously if he even comes back at all.

If he doesn't put on at least 4 fights in the next 24 months, i see this going down as one of the greatest wastes of potential in MMA history, and thats including how successful he has already been.

Well the Conor fighting for money when he's already rich probably skips a lot of training and focuses on TDD because he's always gonna have that one punch power regardless of skipping some practices. So I would imagine if Conor does fight again he'll do great on the feet but if he gets taken down he's probably worse than before.

I've come to terms with the fact that Conor is retired. He isn't coming back - not as a regular fighter. And if he does fight again, it will be for another ridiculous "super fight" - becasue that is the only kind of fight that could possibly pull the kind of money he would need to do it. Conor vs GSP, Conor vs Mayweather in MMA, Conor vs another famous semi-retired boxer in a boxing match. We aren't going to be seeing him defending titles etc.

I have given up on the Conor I thought we had as a fighter.
He's made an insane amount of money which was his stated goal and he doesn't seem to care at all about his legacy.
I wonder if this will bother him in years to come if he doesn't get back in the cage and beat Tony or Khabib.
I wonder when all the gold loses its luster will he sit and wish he had created more of a legacy.

I mean is he even training seriously these days ? Or is he just making appearances in the gym in between tree house excursions ?
That Floyd fight was the worst thing to happen to a Conor fan dammit.

If Conor returns to the octagon, would you be all giddy and excited to see him?

I honestly speaking won't care half as much as seeing people who he's running from (Khabib and Tony) fight each other.

I guess he's past the reasonable doubt of fraud for me..

I used to get all giddy every time he had a fight booked, now I'm just praying that it actually happens. Mayweather cucked us all.

no as Floyd gave him brain damage and was

Unless and until he fights again, he is dead to me.
I was a boxing fan before there was mainstream MMA.
I always respected wealthy boxers who sucked it up and fought the best of the best. They did not need the money but they put it all on the line. Whole different mentality than what's his name.

Last edited:
Not sure but I'm sure you'll make another stupid thread about it.

Who gives a shit about "legacy" that shit is a fairy tale.

Live the best life you can while you're here, fuck what people talk about when you're gone.

No, he will pay a stuntman to fight for him.

He still starches pretty much everybody except maybe Khabib if he can get him on the ground

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back