If Conor gets taken down...

if he gets taken down its either 1) he gets mauled worse then anyone else because his ground game is terrible despite the obv overhype his homies r selling or 2), he gets beat down so bad that he is totally gassed from trying to avoid damage and is a walking zombie in the 2nd in which he will get finished... The rounds when Mcgregor gets finished depends on Khabibs success in the first in terms of takedowns, if Khabib takes him down easily in the first, Mcgregor dont make it out of the 2nd, if not, it will go into later rounds with the same outcome where Khabib wins a UD or by GnP in later rounds.

I fully expect Conor to be taken down but let's pretend Khabibi has some terrifying GNP. He has phenomenal top control but is not beating guys into submission from the top.

Di you not watch his fights against Johnson and Barboza? That was some vicious gnp

Will he fight through the barrage of gnp like Michael Johnson and Barboza did through sheer will or will he invite Khabib to take him from behind like a prison rape victim as he did in the first Diaz fight?
Kids who nothing about bjj make this shit funny. Conor did everything right until he got his back taken.

*ducked under for td
*went to the correct side to defend the guillotine (btw one of diaz's best subs, he subbed jim miller with one off the takedown)
*diaz stopped the movement with his right foot
*after getting swept Conor took damage but kept moving
*once mounted he went for a 2 on 1 hip escape defense but Diaz flowed with him to take the back
*conor now had a bjj black belt tied with maia for 3rd most UFC sub victories on his back, he was fucked.

Its not Conor, its people underestimating Diaz. Diaz has issues with wrestlers with good sub defense and cardio. None of Conors strong areas. Couple this with being heavier, taller, and lanky. No wonder Conor lost.

I fully expect Conor to be taken down but let's pretend Khabibi has some terrifying GNP. He has phenomenal top control but is not beating guys into submission from the top.

I'm pretty sure conor's been training wrestling a ton in this camp...and Id bet that he's been training to get up when taken down, alot...

I'm really curious to see his game plan. Will he do like Chad Mendes and just try to lock up Khabib and hope for a stand up? Or will he try to show off some BJJ? He's been training a lot of ground with Dillon Danis and despite what you may think of him, he's very good on the ground.

Khabib is a decision fighter. If he takes Conor down early he will do some damage. But I don’t see a TKO in the first two rounds. It will be a good test of Conor’s willpower. I believe he will surprise some, he is preparing for that.

Been thinking about prison rape, have you?

I’ll say it again. Khabib fanboys are the strangest bunch in mma.

Back