If Conor gets dominated and loses badly...

Not sure but I can tell you that if Conor loses badly Sherdog will probably lose half of its members at least lol.

It'll gain more than it'll lose, the Diaz loss brought in a whole train of haters.

Conor will still be an entertaining fighter whenever he steps into the octagon. Whoever wins, I hope to see them both fight more often.
There's lot's of entertaining fighters.

He'd be fine. Proponents of his will point out styles make fights. Khabib has the grappling and wrestling to make Conor look bad. It will be pointed out, over and over, that Khabib wouldn't stand in front of Conor (because Khabib is not stupid and although I dislike Conor, I respect the power in his hands). Think of the Mendes fight. Perfect gameplan to beat Conor.

It won't hurt his popularity.

What hurts his legacy is a lack of any title defenses, taking 2 years off in his prime, and his out of cage antics.

Losing for McG doesn't hurt his legacy, especially if he seeks a rematch.

How much is this going to affect his popularity and his legacy ?

Will the UFC schedule a rematch if he loses badly ?

Will he be able to make those millions anymore ?
Meh.
His fans will have 10000000000000 excuses ready for him.
It depends how he loses, they can make an excuse and have a rematch.
or UFC can say "fuck it, he brings money" which will be refreshing and honest.... but I don't think Conor will want a rematch.

he will probably try boxing again or a "fun match" with Diaz...

Conor losing (being ragdolled and maybe tapping to strikes) is what I expect to happen.

Not much.

some of his fans still think he had a chance against floyd.

On paper Khabib beats him to a bloody pulp, but Conor is one sneaky fighter, every chance he catches Khabib on the sly.

Really hoping for the former.

He will fight nate for a third time to rekindle his imprtance to mma.

Not sure but I can tell you that if Conor loses badly Sherdog will probably lose half of its members at least lol.
Another account for boxingislife skillspaythebills TimingBeatsSpeed PROlogic.

You should check out @0hm he literally talked tons of shit then disappeared when Cocainor got stopped by Nate.

not if but when it happenes conor will go back to hiding on his bed for 2 more years.

giphy.gif

Let's see what kind of haircut Conor has on fight night.

If he has these ones:

mcgregor_1oiyyqyfyza3g1292wpnqlee9d.jpg

Conor-McGregor-745451.jpg

He will KO Khabib stiff...

BUT...if he has these ones.

maxresdefault.jpg

449_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

Khabib beats the brakes off him.

Call me superstitious...but when Conor has a nice haircut, he's confident he'll get the job done. If he has a buzzcut, he's at the very least uncertain...
Conor also needs to steal Khabib's belt during one of the conferences just like he did before Aldo and Eddie's fights.

Conor has the Chael like ability to promote himself off a loss, and to control and change the narrative quickly. He'll be fine. He'd need to lose a few in a row to take a hit to his PPV numbers.

Popularity: 0 effect. Conor nuthuggers are the most brainwashed of them all.
Legacy: 0 effect. He currently has 0 title defenses.
Millions: After he gets beat, he will fight Diaz for the 3rd time and ride off into the sunset.

If Conor wasn't such a huge talker it probably wouldn't hurt him at all.
But if Conor gets the brakes beaten off him, people aren't going to take his talk seriously anymore. It could hurt his PPV numbers.

Conner sends him into oblivion before we even get to the wrestling part.

Back