If Conor fought josh Thompson instead of Nate Diaz

Looks like some guys are underrating here...

Im not surprised...he definetly is one of the most underrated guys at 155...

And i think he would beat Conor...

Never mind the prepubescent hoards of MMA virigins here on this site. I actually have thought of this scenario, and I think that a game Josh Thompson would be a huge threat to Conor. Age is the only real factor. I actually logged in for this.

You boys really don’t think josh would present something serious for Conor and even finish him? He hit nate on the chin CLEAN and knocked him almost OUT. Conor couldn’t do it with 7 rounds. Josh did it in 2 seconds
Josh was getting dominated and kept running from Nate until he hit that kick. Keyword: kick. Conor didn't kick Nate on the chin so the comparison doesn't work.

If he stands with Conor he goes down quick. If he tries to blanket him he could win a boring decision

Never mind the prepubescent hoards of MMA virigins here on this site. I actually have thought of this scenario, and I think that a game Josh Thompson would be a huge threat to Conor. Age is the only real factor. I actually logged in for this.
Josh Thomson is a proven fighter. We know his strengths and weaknesses. We know he's not a consistent fighter. McGregor hasn't achieved much at LW. He got a win over Alvarez and lost to Nate. Nothing impressive, to be honest. Don't understand why the nuthuggers jerk off to him?

Thompson fight with Diaz was close, even the best chin will fail if a clean head kick connects and it was a too as I recall.I think Josh Would be a threat, he had wrestling which could give Conor trouble

You boys really don’t think josh would present something serious for Conor and even finish him? He hit nate on the chin CLEAN and knocked him almost OUT. Conor couldn’t do it with 7 rounds. Josh did it in 2 seconds
Look kids a sherdog black belt. Still using mma math and comparing fighters from 5 years ago to current day.

Considering Josh got knocked the fuck out by a brawler bellator scrub in 2017. Im gonna go ahead and guess Conor would touch that chin easier then a strippers ass.

What an odd thread. Thomson was flunked out of the UFC at that point. Conor would've KO'd him.

what do you think would have happened? Could josh Thompson (who knocked out Nate Diaz) have finished Conor mcgregor from 2016? 2023?

He didn't knock out nate...he knocked nate down with a head kick and as nate was attempting to get back up, the ref jumped in and stopped the fight..prematurely...I might add.

thompson did it with a fluke head kick..if they fought 10x, that most likely would never happen again..conor never landed a head kick only punches..big difference. and nate was never even close to being out..it was a very fast stoppage.

No, because Thomson made woman noises.

Josh Thomson was one of the most highly technical lightweight we have ever seen, while also being highly athletic.

Great at all ranges of MMA.

But....His career suffered from countless injuries, as well as severe lack of focus in fights, and he would frequently do just enough to get the wins against competition that was beneath him.

At his best, he should be regarded as one of the all time greatest lightweights, but was aslo a HUGE underachiever.

The Thomson that fought Nate or Gil the first time beats Conor handily, but most versions of Thomson have early success, start cruising, lose focus, and get KO'd by Conor.

If they fought at WW maybe...but remember, conor fought at 170lbs..not 155lbs..conor has never fought at ww in his entire life, aside from his fights with Nate...let them fight at 155lbs and no version of josh could beat conor..he wouldn't last 2 rounds.

Thompson wins imo. Thompson's wrestling/grappling is so good. I think he controls the fight via grappling

Josh is 40 now and too old to have competed with Conor.

Prime Thomson beats McGregor easily
FeminineLameAfricanfisheagle-size_restricted.gif

Didnt Nick throw in the towel too?

If they fought at WW maybe...but remember, conor fought at 170lbs..not 155lbs..conor has never fought at ww in his entire life, aside from his fights with Nate...let them fight at 155lbs and no version of josh could beat conor..he wouldn't last 2 rounds.

What are you talking about? Thomson and Conor are both LWs.

And....I disagree.

Per my post and Josh Thomson's career, talent and skill was never his issue. His issues were lack of focus, and fighting down to the level of his opposition.

The Thomson that shut out PRIME Gil and EASILY handled and finished Nate would give all sorts of problems to Conor. Conor would be dealing with someone faster with much better footwork, better wrestling, better submissions, better cardio, and can KO someone with an IRON chin in Nate. Josh's 2 KO losses were also total flukes. If you don't think that Josh Thomson can last more than 2 rounds than I don't know what else to tell you.

Conors fucks him,no shot !!!

Boy,these nuthuggers are so funny and I am sure most of them are under 18

Recently there was one of them giving Conor chance to beat Francis.

Anyway,they all will dissapear again after Oct 6

Back