If Conor does it...if he knocks out MM

Vomit emoji, @Drake

We need it for times like this. Clint Eastwood isn't enough.

WHEN Floyd does it....When he EMBARRASSES McG and all of his Nad nibblers...

<31><36><mma1><DrakeLaugh>

There would be no sporting upset that would compare in the history of sports. Does anyone know of an upset of any sort that could compare to something like a McGregor KO? The odds would have to be astronomical.

There would be no sporting upset that would compare in the history of sports. Does anyone know of an upset of any sort that could compare to something like a McGregor KO? The odds would have to be astronomical.
I'm more interested in what pretty much everybody in sports media would say. I can imagine all of a sudden, Mayweather's age and a thousand other excuses would pop up to save face. They are not even giving him a puncher's chance...but watch how they switch and start saying anything is possible, the closer the fight gets.

Thread has just nearly crashed my phone, thus proving this thread is 100% accurate and provides evidence of what will happen in reality if McNuggets wins. It will end the internet.

WHEN Floyd does it....When he EMBARRASSES McG and all of his Nad nibblers...

<31><36><mma1><DrakeLaugh>
That is the likely thing, it won't mean much unless Conor gets KOed in under 3 rounds without landing a punch, which I see very possible.
If he lasts for a few rounds or makes it to a decision somehow with his cardio issues, he'll look good

I'm more interested in what pretty much everybody in sports media would say. I can imagine all of a sudden, Mayweather's age and a thousand other excuses would pop up to save face. They are not even giving him a puncher's chance...but watch how they switch and start saying anything is possible, the closer the fight gets.
Mayweather is 40, how is that a lame excuse? It's not like he's some killer at the peak of his career.

Boxing's reputation is going to be in the gutter if it happens.

Mayweather is 40, how is that a lame excuse? It's not like he's some killer at the peak of his career.

It's lame to dismiss someone as having any chance of winning and then backtracking and claiming "Well, his opposition was old" when they happen to pull off the gargantuan upset. Plus, 40 isn't the same for everyone, certainly not for a defensive fighter like Floyd that hasn't sustained much damage throughout his career.

It's lame to dismiss someone as having any chance of winning and then backtracking and claiming "Well, his opposition was old" when they happen to pull off the gargantuan upset. Plus, 40 isn't the same for everyone, certainly not for a defensive fighter like Floyd that hasn't sustained much damage throughout his career.
It's not just a matter of damage. 40 year old non-boxers haven't sustained any damage and they still slow way down and their body just doesn't do what it used to.

Guys drop out of their prime quickly when they get that age, and we haven't seen Floyd box in a few years(and not many people watched the last time he did box), so it's hard to say how he'll look. Yeah, I'd say no chance 3-4 years ago, but 2 years of retirement at that age can make it almost impossible to return to form. A win over Anderson now isn't what it would have been a few years ago, and he's pretty close to Mayweather's age.

Mighty Mouse will not go down without a fight!

It's not just a matter of damage. 40 year old non-boxers haven't sustained any damage and they still slow way down and their body just doesn't do what it used to.

Guys drop out of their prime quickly when they get that age, and we haven't seen Floyd box in a few years(and not many people watched the last time he did box), so it's hard to say how he'll look. Yeah, I'd say no chance 3-4 years ago, but 2 years of retirement at that age can make it almost impossible to return to form. A win over Anderson now isn't what it would have been a few years ago, and he's pretty close to Mayweather's age.

But everyone's body has different characteristics; Not everyone slows down or diminishes at the same rate. Plus, Mayweather has always taken care of his body far more than the average person, he even has some weird chamber device in his house that he lies in regularly.

Either way, if people are so deadset against McGregor having an chance heading into the fight, then I still see no excuse if he happens to win. Especially if Floyd shows he hasn't diminished any since his last fight.

Back