If Conor actually fights Tony, he should get a tremendous amount of cred, cuz he don't have to

uh, nope. He should fight Tony or give up the belt. You dont get credit for choosing to defend the title you won.

He should get about as much "cred" as I do for showing up to work when i'm supposed to, which is to say not fired.

False. It's been done. And Randy faced an even scarier (at the time) opponent defending his belt in Brock.
20131219123559_randy_couture.JPG

EDIT: he also defended against gonzaga before Brock.

He did not defend against Brock. Dana specifically said anybody who doesn't defend for a year is stripped and he stripped Randy...until the fight was announced then all the sudden Dana said Randy had the belt again.

Lmao at all the haters not wanting to give Conor credit.

Nobody goes up and weights and defends their belt, but Conor. A true pioneer.

Hold on a minute, when exactly has conor ever defended a belt ?

???

Are you ok? GSP was retired 2 months ago, and never defended his MW belt. In fact, he gave it up.

There are millions of morons on the internet and the Conor fan base in particular is infested with them so I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are just stupid and aren't trolling.

You stated that no one had ever gone up in weight to win a belt when they had been the champion at a lower weight class. GSP was the long time WW champion. No fighter took the WW belt from him. His belt was stripped just like Conor's FW belt was stripped from him. GSP won the belt at a higher weight class just like Conor did. So you are incorrect in your assertion that no one else has done what Conor has done.

There are millions of morons on the internet and the Conor fan base in particular is infested with them so I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are just stupid and aren't trolling.

You stated that no one had ever gone up in weight to win a belt when they had been the champion at a lower weight class. GSP was the long time WW champion. No fighter took the WW belt from him. His belt was stripped just like Conor's FW belt was stripped from him. GSP won the belt at a higher weight class just like Conor did. So you are incorrect in your assertion that no one else has done what Conor has done.

That's not what I said. It looks like you are the one who in fact stupid.

I said nobody has gone up in weight and defended their belt either.

Lmao at all the haters not wanting to give Conor credit.

Nobody goes up and weights and defends their belt, but Conor. A true pioneer.
conor isn't a 145lb fighter, hasn't been for years now. He is a 155 ufc fighter. he gets zero cred for defending his belt against the interm champion that had to be created because conor refuses to fight in mma.

"And it makes zero sense business wise."

Yep, no sense in the champion fighting the number one contender.

Conor business nuthugers are so annoying.

Conor wins half the battle before he gets into the cage, probably earns twice the money outside of the cage too.
Why would he fight more than 1 or maybe 2 times a year to stay relevant, it doesn't make sense.
getting hit sucks, training sucks even more.
You have a 100mil in your bank, your wife has proved her fertility and you can snort coke and compare rolexes with Jonny Bones all day.
???????????

He did not defend against Brock. Dana specifically said anybody who doesn't defend for a year is stripped and he stripped Randy...until the fight was announced then all the sudden Dana said Randy had the belt again.
Randy wasn't officially stripped. He was the champ. When they worked out the contract issues and he gave up on trying to fight Fedor he re-signed and unsuccessfully defended his belt against Brock.

Back