If Conor actually fights Tony, he should get a tremendous amount of cred, cuz he don't have to

Give him credit for defending the belt against the top contender? Isn't that what a champion is supposed to do.

BZZZ! Incorrect! George Saint Pierre just did it less than 2 months ago. Are you really such a Conor nut hugger that you are so completely clueless about all of the other fighters?!?! Besides if you are going up in weight you are not defending the belt as you can't lose the belt in that fight.

BJ Penn and Randy Couture were former champions who went up in weight and won the title as well so it is hardly unprecedented to move up in weight and win a new belt.

Besides if you had the mentality to actually read my whole post you will see that I am a Conor fan. I am just not a Conor fan boy. I am actually capable of criticizing him when he does stupid stuff, or as in this case not giving him extra credit for doing what everyone else is already doing.

I would characterize myself as an MMA fan 1st and a Conor, Severn, Couture, Edger, Lawler, Silva, Saint Pierre, Jones before he became an ass, TJ Dillashaw, as well as many others 2nd.

???

Are you ok? GSP was retired 2 months ago, and never defended his MW belt. In fact, he gave it up.

And it makes zero sense business wise.

Business wise?

You are mercifully free of the ravages of wisdom.

Prize fighters fight... Champions defend...

Connor dicked around and forced an Internem Champion scenierio,,, this is his doing.

Now if you mean... Connor has 100 million bucks and is never going to fight again because he is too busy with Cocaine and Whores... well than yes, it makes perfect business sense

False. It's been done. And Randy faced an even scarier (at the time) opponent defending his belt in Brock.
20131219123559_randy_couture.JPG

EDIT: he also defended against gonzaga before Brock.

Lmao at considering the HW division as going up in weight, or as even a credible division at all. LMAO at defending against a fake wrestler.

Get out of here with that bum shit. Couture took five years to defend his belt against terrible HWs, color me not impressed.

I should get a tremendous amount of credit because i go to work instead of waiting on a hand out since I really don't have to

Lmao at considering the HW division as going up in weight, or as even a credible division at all. LMAO at defending against a fake wrestler.

Get out of here with that bum shit. Couture took five years to defend his belt against terrible HWs, color me not impressed.
Oh so now we're qualifying it since you've been proven wrong huh? Think about the stupid shit that comes out of your mouth before you say it. Now take your medicine. You were WRONG. It's been done before. It's been done by Randy and he was extremely undersized against both opponents he faced after winning the belt. But Randy was a true champ and not a coked up title defense fight dodger.

Yeah no kidding. What kind of champion would want to defend his belt....

giphy.webp
you give me $100 million and i might create a clone to go take ufc beatings but i sure as shit ain't fighting again myself, belt or no belt. just saying.

I don't really expect him to come back and go for the hardest fights in Tony and khabib. So if he does that next i'll give him credit.

Oh so now we're qualifying it since you've been proven wrong huh? Think about the stupid shit that comes out of your mouth before you say it. Now take your medicine. You were WRONG. It's been done before. It's been done by Randy and he was extremely undersized against both opponents he faced after winning the belt. But Randy was a true champ and not a coked up title defense fight dodger.

lmao, calm down pony boy. This is not that serious.

If we want to qualify meaningless belts and divisions, then sure it has been done before. It's been done in other organization, hell Joanna will probably do it in the women's divisions as well. Holly might do it within the next six months.

I didn't include Couture for the same reason I don't include the HW division in anything (and now the current LHW division) but consistent mediocrity, because that's what it is. Most of the guys aren't even real HWs, they are just fat. There is no competition in the division and never has been. The fact you are crying about guys like Rizzo and Gonzaga when they wouldn't even be ranked with that skillset in any other division is a joke. The fact that Couture defended against a guy that was like what 1-1? is a joke.

When you're talking about real divisions instead of ones with 45 year old guys who have let their selves go, because there is no competition, you're talking about the real professionals like Penn and GSP. Did Penn do it though? Did GSP do it though? No. Conor will be the first, yet people still cry and hate him when he's the only one who will do it! Sad!

correction, he should be stripped of his belt, and then not only doesnt he have to, but also he doesnt deserve to. work you way up, boxing noob.

lmao, calm down pony boy. This is not that serious.

If we want to qualify meaningless belts and divisions, then sure it has been done before. It's been done in other organization, hell Joanna will probably do it in the women's divisions as well. Holly might do it within the next six months.

I didn't include Couture for the same reason I don't include the HW division in anything (and now the current LHW division) but consistent mediocrity, because that's what it is. Most of the guys aren't even real HWs, they are just fat. There is no competition in the division and never has been. The fact you are crying about guys like Rizzo and Gonzaga when they wouldn't even be ranked with that skillset in any other division is a joke. The fact that Couture defended against a guy that was like what 1-1? is a joke.

When you're talking about real divisions instead of ones with 45 year old guys who have let their selves go, because there is no competition, you're talking about the real professionals like Penn and GSP. Did Penn do it though? Did GSP do it though? No. Conor will be the first, yet people still cry and hate him when he's the only one who will do it! Sad!
No idea why Rizzo was brought up but sure, whatever. You are the one who called Conor a "Pioneer" and you got called out on it. And it's really easy to attack Randy's resume 10 years later. You have to view things with historical context. Yes Brock was 1-1, but he was younger and a beast that no one wanted to face. Gonzaga was coming off Head kick ko'ing Mirko deaf and he gave Randy problems before ultimately succumbing. The heavyweight division back then was a lot better than it is now so Randy deserves credit. He basically did what GSP did in moving up to challenge Tim Sylvia. He didn't want another beat down from chuck and Tim was someone he felt he could beat easily. They're going to have to send in Swat on Conor because it's a full on hostage situation with that LW belt. The really pioneer was ready and willing to defend. But keep drinkin that Conor koolaid.

Just keep moving that goalpost...

No idea why Rizzo was brought up but sure, whatever. You are the one who called Conor a "Pioneer" and you got called out on it. And it's really easy to attack Randy's resume 10 years later. You have to view things with historical context. Yes Brock was 1-1, but he was younger and a beast that no one wanted to face. Gonzaga was coming off Head kick ko'ing Mirko deaf and he gave Randy problems before ultimately succumbing. The heavyweight division back then was a lot better than it is now so Randy deserves credit. He basically did what GSP did in moving up to challenge Tim Sylvia. He didn't want another beat down from chuck and Tim was someone he felt he could beat easily. They're going to have to send in Swat on Conor because it's a full on hostage situation with that LW belt. The really pioneer was ready and willing to defend. But keep drinkin that Conor koolaid.

LOL, you obviously don't know what you're talking about if you think the HW division, especially in the UFC was better back then, so im just going to put you on ignore so I don't have to see any of your senseless rambling like trying to make excuses for a 1-1 fighter.

Well he might be a businessman, but he shouldn't call himself an MMA fighter or a champion then. Fuck him. Hope he gets stripped if he doesn't defend before march next year.

Just keep moving that goalpost...

It's not moving the goalpost, it's pointing out reality.

The whole point is no one has done what Conor has done, and will do. That's a fact. You cant compare the likes of Khabib and Tony to Lesnar and Gonzaga and still pretend your logical. World doesn't work that way.

It's not moving the goalpost, it's pointing out reality.

The whole point is no one has done what Conor has done, and will do. That's a fact. You cant compare the likes of Khabib and Tony to Lesnar and Gonzaga and still pretend your logical. World doesn't work that way.
*can't
*you're

The whole point is no one has done what Conor has done
What's that? Holding four belts without one defense? I agree, nobody in Combat Sports history has accomplished that....probably never will, as they are true Champions. Conor GOAT haha.

I think the UFC would still like to make a fight against Khabib in Russia.
The UFC would be interested in many ways... bring the UFC to Russia with a fight like that and generate massive PPV.

For McGregor Khabib would be a Money Fight to because Khabib brings up popularity to. McGregor already told he would fight Khabib. And when McGregor wins against Khabib theres many loot for him to gain besides money.

Tony is the legitimate title contender but McGregor doesnt have much interest in fighting him.
How much $$$ do Russians bring in PPV or TV deals?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back