If Chris gets handled another brutal loss, should he move up or call it quits?

If he loses to Gastelum I wouldnt mind seeing Silva/Weidman 3

Move up so he can get destroyed even quicker

Lol
Bravo

He should be cut
An overrated fraud who fought faded legends and couldn't hang with fighters actually in their prime
He was winning the Rockhold fight up until that pathetic spinning wheel kick and was winning the Romero fight up until the flying Knee. Weidman still has it, but he just makes mistakes.

He's young, he will figure it out. It's not that uncommon to lose at UFC - a lot of great fighters bounced back.

Glad to know you have it all figured out.

Two wins over Anderson Silva back to back, while he was on top are NOT a fluke. Anderson played around doing those antics for years, while many were hypnotized by it and payed the price..... Wiedman countered, took advantage and dropped the Champ. That is NOT a FLUKE!! The second time was a perfectly times checked kick. It did what it's supposed to do. Hurt your opponent more than you ( when done correctly), even break their leg. Not the first time a checked kick has stopped a fight via leg breakage. Also not an easy thing to do properly. Guess the entire training camp of Chris practising checking kicks over and over had nothing to do with his fluke victory?

As far as calling Wiedman a mid level fighter. What a joke. Undefeated to become Champ. Loses to Rockhold, an excellent fighter himself. Then Chris was winning the fight against Yoel, who is a beast!!! Before he got caught. Now Yoel is fighting for the interm belt but should be fighting for the real belt but the current Champion is running away from him. As far as the last fight ,there has been some controversy over that one... but let's face it any fighter after losing the title then getting viciously KO'd in his next fight should be given a lower ranked fighter. Somewhere around top 10. The mental game is important and fighting any top 5 guys after a couple of losses is too much for anyone.

The top five guys at MW right now are killers any one on any day can win the belt. To say Wiedman is Mid Tier just shows you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Put him against any mid Tier MW, he destroys them.
Weidman was not winning the fight until Yoel decapitated him. It was 1-1 going into the third and whineman was fading and Yoel set him up for a vicious KO.

Move up so he can get destroyed even quicker

Lol
Bravo

He should be cut
An overrated fraud who fought faded legends and couldn't hang with fighters actually in their prime
Damn.. I thought I was the biggest Weidman hater here but I have some strong competition here. I see your hate and I raise it to...

I was hoping they made Mousasi rematch (5 rounds) so he can get properly finished again after the BS he pulled in their last fight. Bitching out like that in front of his own crowd must be super embarassing for his fans.
The only thing I do not hope for him is brain damage. The guy brain was as slow as a 1908 Ford T when he was undefeated.. after these 3 finishes in a row he sounds even more punchdrunk.
Kelvin is about to put an ass whooping on him. There was a chance that Weidman came out alive from a 3 rounds fight.. but these motherfuckers must hate him even more than we do to put him in a 25 minutes fight with his horrible gas tank against a monster like Kelvin.

To answer TS... Weidman has lost a lot of mass after USADA. He would be too small for LHW but I dont disagree with him fighting there, after all they have like 3 good fighters there. The rest are bums. UFC 205lbs division is even worse than 125lbs

I'd like to see him move up to LHW. The weight cut is too harsh on his body and he would probably perform better at LHW. He struggles with guys like Gus, Jones, and DC though...

he needs a break. You are just fooling yourself after every ko. Know your limits and fight. He needed 6 months off after that Romero KO, instead he was back in training immediately.

Can he cut to 155? He would be badass at 155!

Weidman needs to improve his cardio. Not having to cut (much) weight at LHW could be the answer. But he looks kinda small these days.

Well, the problem, as I see, is not only that the lost the last three but that he was FINISHED in the last three.
I don´t believe that he could make the cut to WW, and would get murked at LHW.
Now, if he gets finished one more time, the fourth in a row, he will be in trouble. Loosing a close UD or Split Decision and UFC will let him stay, I think.

He should just move on to the next and get brutally beat again for our entertainment.

Bleed for us, Chris!

<GinJuice>

He needs a better manager.

What kind of idiot sends his fighter into 4 straight fights with top 5-7 caliber opponents with no tune up fights? He should be fighting Hendricks or Natal at this point to build himself back up. When Kelvin beats him, he'll probably get Whittaker if he loses to Romero, at this rate

If The Chris gets beat up by a WW then he would have no chance moving up.

He has fallen hard and at this point I see him losing to fatty kelvin.

From beating the GOAT at 185 twice to losing to a fat and undisciplined 170lb'er

How the mighty have fallen

#IVBanBless

Mismanaging his career taking such a tough fight fresh off his multiple brutal losses.

Back