If Bisping gets smoked by Robert and retires what would be his legacy ?

Bisping gets a lot of hate because he is a cocky prick, he's always been a very tough fighter with a lot of will power great cardio, but never had the athleticism of the greats. When he was a LHW he was top 10, ( I think he beat Rashad but lost the decision) as a MW he's consistently been top 5. Most of his losses are to roiders Vitor, Hendo (legally taking it), Chael (even admitted he would of lost without the juice), Wandy etc. I personally think he's a bit annoying but he's a tough bastard and has to be top 5 greatest MW's of all time.

Nice how you left out Leben, Akiyama, Miller, Stann, Belcher and Le among other good wins. Seriously, why do everything have to be black or white?

I don't think that Bisping is the best middleweight in the world, but that doesn't mean that his victory against Rockhold and his 20 UFC-wins, which is the all time record, isn't damn impressive!

People might not like his fighting style or his personality, but respect the damn man. He's fought for a long time and can still compete at a high level!
LOL, the other people you mentioned were on par with the ones I mentioned... I don't really see that adding anything to the argument that he was very good. Everyone you mentioned had subpar UFC careers, the best being Leben who had about an average record.

Also, if you could read I already said his last few wins were impressive, please look at what you are quoting before saying foolish statements.

He's always been a good fighter that was never looked at as a truly elite fighter. Yeah, being a top 5-10 guy in the UFC is tehcnical elite, but from a skills, and talent standpoint, he was always just a good fighter, but never great.

He'll always beat the other average MWs, but never the dynamic and truly talented ones.

I think he'd be in top 10 ever for sure.

On paper, you can't take the Anderson/Hendo wins away from him, no matter what point they were in their career.

Lmao bisping isn't losing to Robert... but let's play along.. Anderson was a can crusher beating rejects that couldn't cut it either at 170 or 205 so their last resort was 185... hendo was the exception and andersons greatest victory... bisping = #1 in mw history

Whitaker is lower than Bisping on height, reach, power, stamina, KO Power,...

I cant see him getting up for another fight especially getting brutalized by Robert. He already claim he will retire if he loses the belt. I cant see him getting up for another one after losing and having so much surgeries and damage in the cage.
No actually he claimed that he would have two more fights, hopefully both title defences so he would likely fight as many times as possible to go out on a win.

Whether you like him or not that post fight press conference after beating rockhold is goat

Pioneer. Overachiever, hard worker, consistent. May not of ever been the best guy in his division. But for staying at the top for as long as he has done, with relatively little athletic ability, he has to be one of the greatest middleweights.

Former MW Champion
Currently most wins EVER in the UFC
One of the best 185ers ever
11+ years of competing at the highest level.
20-7 in the UFC
He's a legend, he'll end up in the HoF for sure.

If you disagree - you probably dont like him, and that clouds your judgement.

I'm far from a Bisping fan, but he will always be a champion. Not the greatest champion by any stretch of the imagination. But capturing UFC gold and defending it certainly puts him in elite company.

He's definitely the best British UFC fighter to date. That and being a champion who has also defended, leaves him quite a decent 'legacy.'

Gatekeeper,, entire career hinged on a robbery decision from Matt Hamill.. More ducks in this guy than some of the lakes i visit..

A tough and durable fighter, who never let the many setbacks effect him. Hard work.

Robert-Whittaker-Michael-Bisping.png
Will guys see him as the champion that tries his best to avoid the best while squeezing money out the belt ? How would you guys view him and what would his legacy be ?
the worst MW champion ever!
Got The belt on a fluke fight he didn't deserve, run from all contenders until he had to face someone, then lost his belt.

Bisping legacy in my opinion will be the guy who did the most with the least...

He has had no right to achieve the things he's achieved, he's not really got many physical gifts other that great cardio, and it could be argued that he built that from scratch.

Most wins in UFC history, TUF winner (back when it had some credibility) MW champ & one of the highest paid fighters overall in UFC history, add to that he's now making movies and doing analyst work.

Hall of famer without doubt.

I'll see him as a TUF winner back when the guys were relatively good on the sho, had a good career, and capped it off by coming in on short notice and winning the title, and successfully defended it in a revenge match.

Pretty much this.

Became champ and defended against Hendo in a strong division. Become champ and defend is pretty much the recipe for long term recognition, at least compared to not doing that..

Joe Silva was and Sean Shelby is payed by the UFC to make fights.

They're the ones who gave Bisping all the eliminator fights for the title that he lost and the ones who made the late notice Rockhold fight and the Hendo one.
Anyone who thinks anything else isn't worth listening too.

If Whittaker beats him easily it changes noting, he was a good MW but one who was usually beaten by the very top MWs, particularly the ones on TRT.

Who are the worst fighters Bisping has lost to? The 2 lay and pray losses to Chael or Kennedy? Rashad, Hendo, Wanderlei, Vitor and Rockhold would have beaten most of the fighters in their divisions at the time they beat Bisping.

I would like to see Bisping give Rockhold a rematch, but knowing Bisping, he probably won't.

Back