If Bisping gets smoked by Robert and retires what would be his legacy ? | Page 4

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JollyRants, Jul 16, 2017 at 5:14 PM.

1. jenspulverizer White Belt

jenspulverizer
    Bisping gets a lot of hate because he is a cocky prick, he's always been a very tough fighter with a lot of will power great cardio, but never had the athleticism of the greats. When he was a LHW he was top 10, ( I think he beat Rashad but lost the decision) as a MW he's consistently been top 5. Most of his losses are to roiders Vitor, Hendo (legally taking it), Chael (even admitted he would of lost without the juice), Wandy etc. I personally think he's a bit annoying but he's a tough bastard and has to be top 5 greatest MW's of all time.

peterparker66 likes this.
  2. jenspulverizer White Belt

jenspulverizer
    I'd put Hendo in that mix right ahead of Bisping

VitorReem likes this.
  3. Muay Thai #1 Brown Belt

Muay Thai #1
    LOL, the other people you mentioned were on par with the ones I mentioned... I don't really see that adding anything to the argument that he was very good. Everyone you mentioned had subpar UFC careers, the best being Leben who had about an average record.

Also, if you could read I already said his last few wins were impressive, please look at what you are quoting before saying foolish statements.

4. jagerbomber84 Green Belt

jagerbomber84
    The guy that beat the guy from bully beat down .

5. KORMAN Yellow Card

KORMAN
    He's always been a good fighter that was never looked at as a truly elite fighter. Yeah, being a top 5-10 guy in the UFC is tehcnical elite, but from a skills, and talent standpoint, he was always just a good fighter, but never great.

He'll always beat the other average MWs, but never the dynamic and truly talented ones.

6. sampuncher Purple Belt

sampuncher
    I think he'd be in top 10 ever for sure.

On paper, you can't take the Anderson/Hendo wins away from him, no matter what point they were in their career.

7. Italian Brock Brown Belt

Italian Brock
    Lmao bisping isn't losing to Robert... but let's play along.. Anderson was a can crusher beating rejects that couldn't cut it either at 170 or 205 so their last resort was 185... hendo was the exception and andersons greatest victory... bisping = #1 in mw history

SenorFranko likes this.
  8. mmacasualviewer Casual Encounters

mmacasualviewer
    Whitaker is lower than Bisping on height, reach, power, stamina, KO Power,...

9. 'Suga Daddy' Orange Belt

'Suga Daddy'
    No actually he claimed that he would have two more fights, hopefully both title defences so he would likely fight as many times as possible to go out on a win.

10. Texas White Belt

Texas
    Whether you like him or not that post fight press conference after beating rockhold is goat

11. Goalmma White Belt

Goalmma
    Pioneer. Overachiever, hard worker, consistent. May not of ever been the best guy in his division. But for staying at the top for as long as he has done, with relatively little athletic ability, he has to be one of the greatest middleweights.

12. GordonMMARamsey Brown Belt

GordonMMARamsey
    Former MW Champion
    Currently most wins EVER in the UFC
    One of the best 185ers ever
    11+ years of competing at the highest level.
    20-7 in the UFC
    He's a legend, he'll end up in the HoF for sure.

If you disagree - you probably dont like him, and that clouds your judgement.

13. HydralisK Ducking Dork Court

HydralisK
    I'm far from a Bisping fan, but he will always be a champion. Not the greatest champion by any stretch of the imagination. But capturing UFC gold and defending it certainly puts him in elite company.

He's definitely the best British UFC fighter to date. That and being a champion who has also defended, leaves him quite a decent 'legacy.'

14. Pulver-ize Green Belt

Pulver-ize
    Gatekeeper,, entire career hinged on a robbery decision from Matt Hamill.. More ducks in this guy than some of the lakes i visit..

15. KjOr Orange Belt

KjOr
    A tough and durable fighter, who never let the many setbacks effect him. Hard work.

16. Shaddows Gold Belt

Shaddows
    the worst MW champion ever!
    Got The belt on a fluke fight he didn't deserve, run from all contenders until he had to face someone, then lost his belt.

17. Sjb1888 Red Belt

Sjb1888
    Bisping legacy in my opinion will be the guy who did the most with the least...

He has had no right to achieve the things he's achieved, he's not really got many physical gifts other that great cardio, and it could be argued that he built that from scratch.

Most wins in UFC history, TUF winner (back when it had some credibility) MW champ & one of the highest paid fighters overall in UFC history, add to that he's now making movies and doing analyst work.

Hall of famer without doubt.

18. Zat Right White Belt

Zat Right
    Pretty much this.

Became champ and defended against Hendo in a strong division. Become champ and defend is pretty much the recipe for long term recognition, at least compared to not doing that..

19. Congo66 Brown Belt

Congo66
    Joe Silva was and Sean Shelby is payed by the UFC to make fights.

They're the ones who gave Bisping all the eliminator fights for the title that he lost and the ones who made the late notice Rockhold fight and the Hendo one.
    Anyone who thinks anything else isn't worth listening too.

If Whittaker beats him easily it changes noting, he was a good MW but one who was usually beaten by the very top MWs, particularly the ones on TRT.

Who are the worst fighters Bisping has lost to? The 2 lay and pray losses to Chael or Kennedy? Rashad, Hendo, Wanderlei, Vitor and Rockhold would have beaten most of the fighters in their divisions at the time they beat Bisping.

20. TheRassler ---- L E G E N D A R Y --------- p4p GOAT poster

TheRassler
    I would like to see Bisping give Rockhold a rematch, but knowing Bisping, he probably won't.