If Bisping gets smoked by Robert and retires what would be his legacy ?

J

JollyRants

Robert-Whittaker-Michael-Bisping.png
Will guys see him as the champion that tries his best to avoid the best while squeezing money out the belt ? How would you guys view him and what would his legacy be ?

I'll see him as a TUF winner back when the guys were relatively good on the sho, had a good career, and capped it off by coming in on short notice and winning the title, and successfully defended it in a revenge match.

I don't think Bisping would retire on a loss. Too proud. If he loses against Whittaker he will definitly still have another fight.

I mean, he is already an overachiever with his last few wins.

Before Anderson, look at his record, he beat mostly nobodies. Jorge Rivera, Charles McCarthy, Denis Kang, C.B. Dolloway, etc. Not very impressive, honestly

I don't think Bisping would retire on a loss. Too proud. If he loses against Whittaker he will definitly still have another fight.
He will probably get the Pickett treatment and have one last big fight in England

Solid fighter who lucked his way into a title at the end of his career.

bisping is a badass and will retire a badass; even after a loss to whitaker.

The champion who went out of his way to duck all the contenders in his division, the deepest in MMA when he became champ. Became champ because Silva and Rockhold had so little respect for him as a fighter that they just fought him like complete clowns.

That's his legacy. And why I think he's increasingly insecure, although his British groupies will give him a pass.

Last edited:
I cant see him getting up for another fight especially getting brutalized by Robert. He already claim he will retire if he loses the belt. I cant see him getting up for another one after losing and having so much surgeries and damage in the cage.

All credit where it's due. But how can he go down as anything other than one of the most despised fighters of his time? He would probably even relish that as his legacy lol.

Career gatekeeper who couldnt beat top guys and needed to fight 6 years in UFC to beat a top 10 fighter . For his career only has 4 top 10 wins (Stann, Anderson, Leites, Luke) and looked unimpressive in 2 (Leites and Anderson where he arguably lost and nearly got killed by a post leg bureak/PED bust Anderson). Was almost never impressive in his wins beating mostly journeymen and mediocre fighters and even still looked beatable in those fights that he barely squeaked out alot of. Caught lightning in a bottle with the Luke fight where he could never KO anyone in the 1st with his pillowfists but managed to have an Upset of the Year candidate and proceeded to duck top challengers

hes kind of like the Forrest Griffin of MWs. Nowhere near an alltime gureat but had outlier performance against a true gureat which isnt reflective of their actual abilities throughout their careers

Last edited:
I'll see him as a TUF winner back when the guys were relatively good on the sho, had a good career, and capped it off by coming in on short notice and winning the title, and successfully defended it in a revenge match.

Pretty much this. Guys got so butthurt when the count KO'd their boyfriend

Michaels legacy is one I think people will forget easily once he retires, his wins will be looked over and unappreciated.
Dude has heart, cardio and grit though and some decent hands.
People will remember the hendobomb though.

ducked so hard that the ufc lost fighters to bellator.

Mostly top 10 or at least top 15 guy for a long career.

Longevity, good fighter, good cardio.. comes prepared for a fight, volume striker, talks a tad much some like it some hate it.

Stepped up on a opportunity played his chance, was underestimated made it work got the belt.. then fucked around and annoyed the fans more then usual trying to cash in.

That Luke win puts some shine to all of it but overall nothing special.. kinda overachieved, I would say decent to good career overall.. lost some fans and respect in his champ reign that's for sure.

I'm not sure he fights Robert, I think he still chases GSP and of course GSP wants an easy opportunity for a heavier belt.

Not accusing Bisping of PEDs, but it's just weird that he had his greatest success in his mid 30s after a mediocre career prior to that.

Before Anderson, look at his record, he beat mostly nobodies. Jorge Rivera, Charles McCarthy, Denis Kang, C.B. Dolloway, etc. Not very impressive, honestly.

Nice how you left out Leben, Akiyama, Miller, Stann, Belcher and Le among other good wins. Seriously, why do everything have to be black or white?

I don't think that Bisping is the best middleweight in the world, but that doesn't mean that his victory against Rockhold and his 20 UFC-wins, which is the all time record, isn't damn impressive!

People might not like his fighting style or his personality, but respect the damn man. He's fought for a long time and can still compete at a high level!

Back