If Babalu moved down to 185 would Silva still be MW GOAT?

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If he moved down to MW at the right time how would he have done?

Babalu was like a better version of Weidman IMO.

Last edited:
So how've you been Babalu? Haven't heard about you in awhile

Always liked Babalu, has a very good resume. Good fighter.

I love Sobral, and his wrestling skills would give Silva a hard time. But Babalu also had knack for getting knocked out dead in big fights. Plus, he was a bit overhyped, as his win streak before his title shot vs Chuck was really a bunch of no names, Jeremy Horn, and a very green 21 year old Shogun. People thought he was the shit when Shogun was kicking ass 2 years later

depends if silva said anything about babalus mother.

btw, it was a fucking shame he was cut from the UFC. as he was always entertaining and imagine how many good fights he could of had. He would of been a hell of a gatekeeper.

Babalu was one of my favorite fighters back in my early MMA years.
But he was tailor made for an Anderson HL reel KO.

There's a lot to like about Babalu as a fighter. But if he fought Silva I think we'd have shooped Babaluface all over everything for years instead of Shadface.

I don't think he was a better version of Weidman.

Depends on what time in Silvas title reign....if its early after he won the title he would have a shot at beating Anderson on the ground and perhaps catching a submission. Mid to end of Andys reign when his tdd got good he would lose.

btw, it was a fucking shame he was cut from the UFC. as he was always entertaining and imagine how many good fights he could of had. He would of been a hell of a gatekeeper.
no..he held on the darce for too long after heath passed out dirty motherfucker

Seraldo Babalu was one of the greatest light heavyweights of the night but I dunno if he could take on the GOAT MW.

He prob get ko'd pretty bad but could do well on the ground against Andy

There's a lot to like about Babalu as a fighter. But if he fought Silva I think we'd have shooped Babaluface all over everything for years instead of Shadface.

I don't think he was a better version of Weidman.
There used to be amazing shoops of Babalu's face floating around the internet, can't find em anymore.

tumblr_metx75peYg1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

'So what you're a black belt in Jiu Jitsu"

Back