If artem beats Swanson, can we finally agree that records in MMA truly dont mean shit?

XDAcGR-Tx0afQDNF-uu_i7uRiWgJyYV-ycCzQKwhOqfxHJmSxdnGi_WC4EttwL1P0NtgKpjdJSOzIIDhTQWKiWxuXW_CxxTJolZSt_PDR7fdlxGoPiuuo5P21xGzp2nA5NwVErzBiB10JYxDyYLVydA1WQk=w250-h197-nc

Teenage-Girls-Some-Are-Really-Ugly-The-Ugliest-Woman-In-The-World.jpg

She's very devout as well..... although I don't think any of the praying is working, tbh

you see thats the problem my good man. that creature is what god would call fugly and he dont take kindly to them and neither do i. you can keep that shit

well TUF was a great example.

Artem has taken way too many short notice fights, often at a heavier weight class, that he simply shouldnt have taken. Fights he hadnt trained for, was undersized and ended up losing.

Then he fights guys on TUF that had 8-0 records or whatever, that had padded them by choosing easy fights on the regional scene.

And he made them look like amateurs and KO'd them all

So if Artem is shitty, just how shitty were those undefeated or 8-1 or whatever guys he beat on tuf :D
Pretty shitty.

On topic, records are important, they're just not the end of the story. It's like the MMAMath Mousasi is trying to use to justify a higher position in the pecking order. He makes it sound good but in context, it's not so fantastic.

In truth, I know nothing about Lobov, never seen him fight, haven't watched TUF in ages, but most seasons of TUF after the first few have been dragging the bottom of the barrel for talent ever since. Yes, the odd fighter stands out here and there, but the vast majority of TUF contestants in the last I don't how many years have been the dregs. If he won TUF, though, he deserves the opportunity to fight and establish his position. We'll find out soon enough if he deserves it.

A lot of guys in Pride and Rizin have/had these types of records.

Look at this HIROMITSU KANEHARA guy Shogun and Overeem were matched up against.

Kanehara_zpshjo198ig.png

Holy fuck. Wendy mirco Alistair then shogun

Who did this guy piss off in Japanese land.

All while juicing was legal

UFC are hyping this fight on two predicated factors - that anything can happen in MMA, and that Artem trains with McGregor. Hopefully the viewing figures reflect how pathetic this match up is.

Well isn't that nice. And you're probably right. But I was born to be the guy you envy. While you work hard at your job for years and expect the big promotion, I'm gonna be the guy that gets it over you with only on job for few months. While you think you just landed the diamond chick and plan a big night at a 5 star restaurant and buy flowers, I'm the guy she is gonna actually fuck that night while texting you say she can't make it cause she " is busy" I'm the guy that all the cute ass workers at work comes to my crib while your party that you planned goes to shit and your just sitting at home with house full of drinks and food and empty poker table, and we all have a great time of bottles of champagne and keg of beer in the back. While I have the body of a Greek god and you work your ass off to keep your dad bod in reasonable shape

And why is all this? Shit!!!! That's why cause I'm good at everything.
I had to make sure this wasn't a copypasta, I'm stealing it anyways.

We've seen shitty record guys do well quite a few times in MMA, but this will be the first in a very long time it's been a main event and vs a very talented ranked guy.

If artem wins, will fans finally have to start watching fights and can't just wiki fighters anymore??

Sadly there I only a 10% chance this happens. And really Cubs game plan will be the deciding factor, but it won't be the biggest shocker in the world
Exceptions don't make the rule. You know better that.

Man Artem got some trex arms for sure. I'm suprised he was even able to win the fights he has standing with arms that short.

Records aren't as important as the names on them.

That being said, cub has fought, by far, tougher fighters over his career than Artem has.

But, sometimes elite fighters face lower ranked fighters that are just bad stylistic matchups for them, and sometimes even the best fighters have off nights.

I expect cub to win, but i also expect Artem to gain more respect after tonight.

Im not focused on their rankings. I'm more concerned with it being a good entertaining fight.

It's a percentage game. Cub is a 7:1 favourite over Artem for a reason.
That reason being Cub's skillset is flat out better than Artem's. However, there is always a chance Artem walks in with the perfect conditioning, game plan, and the stars align perfectly for a victory. That's the whole appeal of watching MMA in the first place.

Back