If artem beats Swanson, can we finally agree that records in MMA truly dont mean shit?

Of course records means. Are you crazy? How many champions have a .500 record?

What Artem beating Cub would prove is that MMA is one of the most unpredictable sports, if not the most.

But that is a very known fact.

It doesn't matter whether you Wiki him or watch his fights.

Artem is fucking terrible.

if by terrible u mean goat then yes

artemarniebig.jpg

A lot of records are ''inflated'' thanks to can-crushing anyway, Alvarez for instance is 3-2 in the UFC (which you could argue should've been 1-4...) and like 25-3 before the ufc.
Benson Henderson is 1-2 in Bellator.

Clearly his record was inflated fighting cans in the UFC, where his record was 11-3: including being a 3-time defending world champion.

Well isn't that nice. And you're probably right. But I was born to be the guy you envy. While you work hard at your job for years and expect the big promotion, I'm gonna be the guy that gets it over you with only on job for few months. While you think you just landed the diamond chick and plan a big night at a 5 star restaurant and buy flowers, I'm the guy she is gonna actually fuck that night while texting you say she can't make it cause she " is busy" I'm the guy that all the cute ass workers at work comes to my crib while your party that you planned goes to shit and your just sitting at home with house full of drinks and food and empty poker table, and we all have a great time of bottles of champagne and keg of beer in the back. While I have the body of a Greek god and you work your ass off to keep your dad bod in reasonable shape

And why is all this? Shit!!!! That's why cause I'm good at everything.
Too long didn't read. Judging by the first couple sentences though it was pretty stale. A combo between a mumble rapper and a wrestler.

A lot of records are ''inflated'' thanks to can-crushing anyway, Alvarez for instance is 3-2 in the UFC (which you could argue should've been 1-4...) and like 25-3 before the ufc.
Eddie has been fighting in some of the best promotions for close to a decade. Even before that he was fighting UFC vets like Aaron Riley and Derrick Noble on the regional scene.

If Artem wins. His Sherdog fan base will be l larger then Platinum Perry Nation!!!

It's bizarre that people feel they have to defend Lobov because he's friends with a fighter they like. Lobov isn't a main eventer. He never will be.

Truth is: Anyone can beat anyone on any given day given different factors.. It's not a science per se, but I'll still give Cub around 80% chance to win..

Exactly this, a fighter's record isn't one bit relevant when they stop into the cage. Styles make fights and all that matters is the two people locked in the cage and how their styles match up against each other.

Last edited:
It's bizarre that people feel they have to defend Lobov because he's friends with a fighter they like. Lobov isn't a main eventer. He never will be.

I'm a artem fan for two reasons

1. He is funny, and his style can be exciting enough to the point I'll watch.

2. Because I don't see the hate and people are genuinely upset he got a fight vs a high profile guy.

I like the fight for what it is, and the crybabies bitching and moaning, makes me like it even more cause I despise people like that. To me they are like that white stuff that accumilates on the corner of your mouth when you're really thirsty.

Records don't tell the whole story. It's not only about who you fought, but when you fought them as well.

We've seen shitty record guys do well quite a few times in MMA, but this will be the first in a very long time it's been a main event and vs a very talented ranked guy.

If artem wins, will fans finally have to start watching fights and can't just wiki fighters anymore??

Sadly there I only a 10% chance this happens. And really Cubs game plan will be the deciding factor, but it won't be the biggest shocker in the world
NO, records do mean something, but they can't be entirely removed from context. People can get better, they can fight in different ways, in different times, against different opponents, etc. But guy that is 20-1 is almost certainly better than a guy that is 1-20. A guy that is winning and losing some against the best is quite likely better than someone that is just winning against mediocre fighters.

A lot of guys in Pride and Rizin have/had these types of records.

Look at this HIROMITSU KANEHARA guy Shogun and Overeem were matched up against.

Kanehara_zpshjo198ig.png
damn that was 4 tough fights in a row Wand, Cro Cop, Overeem, Shogun.

But he had lost to several really good fighters before that stretch you showed: Hendo, Hughes, Arona, Big Nog, Sobral so his record was not at all equivalent to Atrem at the time of those 4 fights.

He fought tough guys from beginning though. They're not world champions or anything, but he shouldn't have been fighting them. And especially at higher weight classes
BJ Penn?

Totes agree, I'm one of the biggest bj fans along with @BC
Or are you actually defending artems record? I got confused.

To be fiar with artems record part ofnit seems to be he doesnt seem to give a fuck
He just gets in and flails bombs ....i dont think he could fight smart if he wanted to

I reported him just to be sure.

giphy.gif
<45><45><45>

<cheer><cheer><cheer>

Good man. Never be shy to report anyone. I need to be more like that.

Back