If artem beats Swanson, can we finally agree that records in MMA truly dont mean shit?

A lot of guys in Pride and Rizin have/had these types of records.

Look at this HIROMITSU KANEHARA guy Shogun and Overeem were matched up against.

Kanehara_zpshjo198ig.png

Yes, anyone can beat anyone. Proof: Conor KO'ing Aldo.

Yes, anyone can beat anyone. Proof: Conor KO'ing Aldo.
Proof, a knockout artist on a 14 fight winning streak who has a career of knocking out guys quickly knocked out Jose Aldo.

A lot of guys in Pride and Rizin have/had these types of records.

Look at this HIROMITSU KANEHARA guy Shogun and Overeem were matched up against.

Kanehara_zpshjo198ig.png
Yea Kanehara had it rough. First four fights were against Wanderlei, Crocop, Overeem and Shogun. That's about as bad as it gets...
Vegeta-Laughing-On-Earth-After-The-Battle-With-Frieza-On-Dragon-Ball-Z.gif

Sadly there I only a 10% chance this happens.

"records don't mean shit, but the guy with the terrible record only has 10% chance of winning"

What does that even mean? There's clearly a correlation between the records and the perceived chance somebody has. You just said it yourself lol

Bob Sapp beat Ernesto Hoost, does that mean Bob Sapp is good? People get lucky, probably one of the reasons you were born TS.

Well I wasn't just pertaining to artem. I've seen plenty of shitty record guys beat undefeated record guys and look like killers. However those same guys lose to guys who are lower level and less skilled and look like shit within a couple fights.

It all depends on the matchup in the end

well TUF was a great example.

Artem has taken way too many short notice fights, often at a heavier weight class, that he simply shouldnt have taken. Fights he hadnt trained for, was undersized and ended up losing.

Then he fights guys on TUF that had 8-0 records or whatever, that had padded them by choosing easy fights on the regional scene.

And he made them look like amateurs and KO'd them all

So if Artem is shitty, just how shitty were those undefeated or 8-1 or whatever guys he beat on tuf :D

"records don't mean shit, but the guy with the terrible record only has 10% chance of winning"

What does that even mean? There's clearly a correlation between the records and the perceived chance somebody has. You just said it yourself lol

yet on TUF artem beat guys with 8-1, 12-1 and 14-2 records

and beat them fairly easily by all accounts

Gotta look at the fighter more so than the record.

Artem is not the best but he's a decent striker. With the right game plan he can beat Cub. Cub is awesome but he can get wild and sloppy.

On the ground and in wrestling exchanges, it's Cub all the way. The striking match is more evenly matched than people are giving credit for.

So TUF records don't matter and neither does Artem's? Got it.

How about we judge based on the outcome of Saturday's fight how good and ready Artem is. No excuses right?

Bob Sapp beat Ernesto Hoost, does that mean Bob Sapp is good? People get lucky, probably one of the reasons you were born TS.

Well isn't that nice. And you're probably right. But I was born to be the guy you envy. While you work hard at your job for years and expect the big promotion, I'm gonna be the guy that gets it over you with only on job for few months. While you think you just landed the diamond chick and plan a big night at a 5 star restaurant and buy flowers, I'm the guy she is gonna actually fuck that night while texting you say she can't make it cause she " is busy" I'm the guy that all the cute ass workers at work comes to my crib while your party that you planned goes to shit and your just sitting at home with house full of drinks and food and empty poker table, and we all have a great time of bottles of champagne and keg of beer in the back. While I have the body of a Greek god and you work your ass off to keep your dad bod in reasonable shape

And why is all this? Shit!!!! That's why cause I'm good at everything.

A lot of records are ''inflated'' thanks to can-crushing anyway, Alvarez for instance is 3-2 in the UFC (which you could argue should've been 1-4...) and like 25-3 before the ufc.

3-2 against Melendez, Pettis and RDA. That stands for something.

He has plenty of good wins outside of the UFC as well so stop hating.

well TUF was a great example.

Artem has taken way too many short notice fights, often at a heavier weight class, that he simply shouldnt have taken. Fights he hadnt trained for, was undersized and ended up losing.

Then he fights guys on TUF that had 8-0 records or whatever, that had padded them by choosing easy fights on the regional scene.

And he made them look like amateurs and KO'd them all

So if Artem is shitty, just how shitty were those undefeated or 8-1 or whatever guys he beat on tuf :D

Exactly!!!! Want to see what a shitty record does to a oafred record with only one some what notable win?

I'll take tough shitty record over pretty record any day of the week, and twice on Sunday

just look at bj penns and randy coutures records if you wanna imply records dont mean shit...

two of the greatest and most decorated ufc fighters running at near or over .5 losses.

records dont mean shit unless you a guy like artem.. thats abysmal...

Records don't mean shit because MMA is sports entertainment and there's no central governing body making sure everybody has fair matchups.

just look at bj penns and randy coutures records if you wanna imply records dont mean shit...

two of the greatest and most decorated ufc fighters running at near or over .5 losses.

records dont mean shit unless you a guy like artem.. thats abysmal...
He fought tough guys from beginning though. They're not world champions or anything, but he shouldn't have been fighting them. And especially at higher weight classes

All it means the better man won that day. Records don't mean anything.

Records aren't important until you have a record like 13-12-1 lol.

Yeah, those 3 Kos were not close fights or lucky overhand shots. He literally walked around with his hands down and waited til they made predictable mistakes. He was a class above them in terms of skill and understanding and yet they all had way better records.

Artem's 2nd pro fight was 9-1 Dave Hill who was one of Europe's top fighters at the time. It was a retarded matchup and he was a huge underdog. He won.

Back