If anyone can do it, its Conor.

Underworld

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
As we all know, boxers never could get the job done in beating Floyd.

I believe Conor has the mindset, power, speed and skill to beat Floyd. Conor WILL adapt to this match.

Even though on paper its a mis-match in Floyd's favor. I personally cannot wait to see how this shit unfolds.

Most of you think its a walk in the park for Floyd, I personally see Conor giving Floyd issues. I guess we shall see.

Actually if anyone can do it, it would probably be Errol Spence IMO. Or GGG if you are one of those idiots that thinks Floyd should have to Box MWs. Its certainly not Conor though. I would favor Nate Diaz in a Boxing match vs him

Also LOL at Conors "speed".

I will admit, I don't follow boxing anymore, not for years... its a boring corrupt POS sport.

And I will stand by Conor's speed comment. So keep laughing jackoff.

I will admit, I don't follow boxing anymore, not for years... its a boring corrupt POS sport.

But there are MMA fighters his size with faster hands. He has, by MMA standards, good speed, but its more his timing and accuracy (something that would be sub par in high level Boxing) that has him out striking his opponents. He is going to look like he is moving in slow motion VS Floyd. Definitely has some of the slower hands Floyd has seen in years

Also don't lie. You never followed Boxing. The most Boxing you ever watched was Youtube highlights of Tyson and RJJ

I believe Conor has the mindset, power, speed and skill to beat Floyd. Conor WILL adapt to this match.

Even though on paper its a mis-match in Floyd's favor. I personally cannot wait to see how this shit unfolds.

Most of you think its a walk in the park for Floyd, I personally see Conor giving Floyd issues. I guess we shall see.

I like that you mentioned mindset first. It's what is different about Conor. Floyd has faced top tier atheletes and world class boxers. However, I bet each one was better in the gym then they were in Floyd's spotlight. Conor is different. He'll eat that pressure and let it fuel him.

All I know is, Conor WILL touch him.. if he doesn't.. I was way fucken off.

But I guess we will see who is right in August :)

I like that you mentioned mindset first. It's what is different about Conor. Floyd has faced top tier atheletes and world class boxers. However, I bet each one was better in the gym then they were in Floyd's spotlight. Conor is different. He'll eat that pressure and let it fuel him.

Absolutely man, Conor eats pressure for fucken breakfast, lunch and dinner. When Conor puts his mind to something, he has yet to fail.

Absolutely man, Conor eats pressure for fucken breakfast, lunch and dinner. When Conor puts his mind to something, he has yet to fail.

Did he not put his mind to beating Nate Diaz on short notice?

i can't wait to see Conor beat lebron in a game of 1 on 1 afterwards.

Most of us see this as a walk in the park because Conor has terrible boxing, and he's boxing mayweather.

Did he not put his mind to beating Nate Diaz on short notice?

Always some fucken dipshit bitch brings up this fight, even though we all know Conor had ZERO respect for Nates ability, hence trying to finish Nate with a spin kick or something. Conor though caution to the wind, and tried a highlight reel finish. It doesn't matter tho, Conor fucked up Nate in BOTH fights, shaving years off his life. Not to mention Conor didn't even have to fight, he did it to challenge himself for a guy at a higher weight.

When they fought again, Conor conserved his energy and won.

Bottom line, he is better then Nate in every single way, aside from Nates head being a well formed catchers mit.

By high level Boxing standards? Yeah his Boxing is shit! If you wanna argue he has a chance to land a lucky punch or something then fine, but don't try act like he has high level Boxing

We have yet to see Conor's speed in bigger gloves, so I'll reserve judgement. Don't be surprized if Conor looks like he's stuck in the mud.

ALL professional sports are corrupt, don't be naive.
mma is as corrupt as any sport in the history of man.

Always some fucken dipshit bitch brings up this fight, even though we all know Conor had ZERO respect for Nates ability, hence trying to finish Nate with a spin kick or something. Conor though caution to the wind, and tried a highlight reel finish. It doesn't matter tho, Conor fucked up Nate in BOTH fights, shaving years off his life. Not to mention Conor didn't even have to fight, he did it to challenge himself for a guy at a higher weight.

When they fought again, Conor conserved his energy and won.

Bottom line, he is better then Nate in every single way, aside from Nates head being a well formed catchers mit.

I mean, it only happened a year and a half ago, and it's not like Conor looked particularly dominant in the rematch.

I'm trying to figure out if this reply is saying that Conor did or didn't have his mind set on beating Nate on short notice. I think you're suggesting that he didn't. With that in mind, is there any sure way to figure out of Conor has his mind set on beating Mayweather? I guess it depends on whether he wins or loses. Would I be correct in assuming that McGregor only sort of had his mind set on beating Nate in the rematch?

I mean, it only happened a year and a half ago, and it's not like Conor looked particularly dominant in the rematch.

I'm trying to figure out if this reply is saying that Conor did or didn't have his mind set on beating Nate on short notice. I think you're suggesting that he didn't. With that in mind, is there any sure way to figure out of Conor has his mind set on beating Mayweather? I guess it depends on whether he wins or loses. Would I be correct in assuming that McGregor only sort of had his mind set on beating Nate in the rematch?

You have to realize, Conor's much better today than against Nate in 1st fight. For someone that works like a madman daily, 1,5y is a LOT.

Floyd might be faster, but Conor is excellent in measuring distance. Yes, Floyd should be faster, but I don't think it's as one sided as some of you think.

I'm not saying that's not a possibility, but IMHO it should be a very dangerous fight for Floyd, at least in several first rounds.

At the end of the day, we all have to wait for the first round for our eyes and minds to be open. Which way, time will tell.

I hope Conor wins, if nothing else to shock so many people (I love seeing people who blindly believe in only 1 thing getting shocked xD)

You have to realize, Conor's much better today than against Nate in 1st fight. For someone that works like a madman daily, 1,5y is a LOT.

Floyd might be faster, but Conor is excellent in measuring distance. Yes, Floyd should be faster, but I don't think it's as one sided as some of you think.

I'm not saying that's not a possibility, but IMHO it should be a very dangerous fight for Floyd, at least in several first rounds.

At the end of the day, we all have to wait for the first round for our eyes and minds to be open. Which way, time will tell.

I hope Conor wins, if nothing else to shock so many people (I love seeing people who blindly believe in only 1 thing getting shocked xD)

In Boxing, facing a guy who has lived and breathed it his whole life? 1.5 years is NOT allot! MMA fans are being pretty disrespectful to the sport of Boxing to think a guy who is not a Boxer will come in and be able to compete with they guy who is still probably the best P4P Boxer in the world

One thing to have an open mind, another to be unable to draw a conclusion from facts in evidence.
Get off the fence.

Eg) this fight will go however the fuck Floyd wants it to. If Conor plays nice, Floyd will carry him to the end, if not, Conor gets laid out.
Simple really.

In Boxing, facing a guy who has lived and breathed it his whole life? 1.5 years is NOT allot! MMA fans are being pretty disrespectful to the sport of Boxing to think a guy who is not a Boxer will come in and be able to compete with they guy who is still probably the best P4P Boxer in the world

I'm sorry, I meant overall improvement as a fighter. Boxing probably got a bit better too, but I meant in general.
Didn't get the feeling you were talking boxing exclusively :)

One thing to have an open mind, another to be unable to draw a conclusion from facts in evidence.
Get off the fence.

Eg) this fight will go however the fuck Floyd wants it to. If Conor plays nice, Floyd will carry him to the end, if not, Conor gets laid out.
Simple really.

Well, I like to leave at least 1% chance for something to be different even if it looks very clear, no matter what's it about.

I can promise you, I can come here after the fight and say "Yep, you were right, after the fight started, I could see the huge difference like you said. I was wrong"

Could you do the same if Conor (T)KO's him? Or you believe something like that can't happen in any "parallel universe"?

Plenty of guys have better chances than Conor.

Actually if anyone can do it, it would probably be Errol Spence IMO. Or GGG if you are one of those idiots that thinks Floyd should have to Box MWs. Its certainly not Conor though. I would favor Nate Diaz in a Boxing match vs him

Also LOL at Conors "speed".
Ok but also consider this:

1.Floyd will be almost 41 years old by the time he fights Conor, almost two years removed from his last fight. It is rare for a boxer to maintain his chin, his cardio, his strength, his reflexes, into his mid 40's.

2.Conor has the power advantage, fast reflexes and is just all around in his prime.

3.Floyd has on occasion shown a susceptibility to a strong left hand.

4.Conor is bigger with longer reach.

5.Conor is stronger.

6.Conor has the momentum advantage.

7.Floyd has everything to lose, the biggest amount of pressure on him.

8. Conor is the one-shot power guy, so if he lands the punch on Mayweather that he landed on Aldo, he may follow through on his promise of an upset.

9. Conor uses range very well, he is damn quick enough to elude wide shots and has been able to withstand the shots that do land too.

Back