If Aldo beats Max... Aldo > > Silva and GSP! It´s not opinion, It´s fact! Look at these numbers! | Page 2

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Kung Fu bb, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Fullmount Triangle Don't Let Them Force Feed You.

Fullmount Triangle
    It's debatable. Aldo has the most potential to establish himself as GOAT because of all of the top 5, he's the only one around still doing things. You can argue Jones but Jones is a mess.

I think that GSP avenging his losses is dramatically overrated by his shitbird fans. Regaining the belt and defending it a bunch is far more important than the fact tha the beat Serra to do it.

Toner and Kung Fu bb like this.
  2. TheBulletwithWings El Cucuy's Time!!

TheBulletwithWings
    True but id imagine Conor catches him more often than not. Now 13 seconds, thats not going to happen again very likely.

3. Coolkid666 Blue Belt

Coolkid666
    I dont even count that Conor loss lmao McTap gave up the title and didnt try to defend it. Then Aldo beats the Ascended version of Edgar easily. Aldo is GOATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

4. thenorthernmonkey orion' belt

thenorthernmonkey
    yeah, I still think conor would finish him. but like you said, 13 seconds is crazy fast. hence the fastest title bout finish (ufc) of all time. basically conor vs aldo 2 is 'the' fight to make for mma fans. fuck your gate dana...

Kung Fu bb and MastiffMike like this.
  5. Terry Toughnut Purple Belt

Terry Toughnut
    I don't get why some people care so much about this type of thing, particularly with mma where it's next to to impossible to work out.

CorporateTool and Andy 93 like this.
  6. wisdom blows Gold Belt

wisdom blows
    He did get a chance and he turned it down.

7. det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek Purple Belt

det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek
    He has to prove it by defending his title more than 9 times. At this point there's no discussion: Aldo is a greater fighter than McGregor.

Kung Fu bb likes this.
  8. TheBulletwithWings El Cucuy's Time!!

TheBulletwithWings
    It would still have great numbers, just seems Aldo needs that Max win first.

If Aldo is able to land 4 or 5 brutal leg kicks that would really fuck Conors stand up.

thenorthernmonkey likes this.
  9. boss429 BowtieA$$a$$in

boss429
    Yeah, okay. Technically you are right, he was offered a chance on short notice for no belt 10 days after coming off a no contact medical suspension which he apparently was going to foolishly accept until his coach talked him out of it.

Tables turned do you think Conors coaches would be dumb enough to risk his only chance at redemtion under those circumstances?

I don't give a fuck about the tweet either and admit it was stupid if he even wrote it himself.

Kung Fu bb and Oooxente like this.
  10. Durr T Sanchez Green Belt

Durr T Sanchez
    Fedor, Silva, GSP, Aldo, Jones

Fedor was a LHW who fought HW when it was at its best(by far).

Silva had 10 title defenses but its how easy he made them look. The one title fight that was actually difficult(Sonnen 1) he pulled of a triangle in the last 5-10 seconds of the fight. It was like MJ at the buzzer.

GSP is probably the most complete MMA fighter of the list. Sure some people considered him boring but the fact is he was striker who became the best MMA wrestler and used that to completely nullify most of his opponents. GSP was a professional champion. You just can't imagine GSP not having the belt.

Aldo is ahead of Jones in my opinion because 1)he deserves it and 2)Jones deserves to be put behind Aldo. Aldo was a very dominant champion and extremely well rounded. Probably the best TDD ever and a great fundamental striker that could be explosive at times. His TDD and striking was so great that to this day we have never seen his BJJ, which is supposed to be on par with the rest of his skill set. Aldo also fought his title fights(UFC/WEC) against contenders that were in their prime or at least young. Unlike Jones who fought guys like Shogun, Rampage, Rashad, Chael, and Vitor when they were beyond their prime.

11. Chuck Brown Belt

Chuck
    I imagine that Aldo's loss was as devastating to his fans as GSP's Serra loss was to GSP's fans. Unfortunately I don't think Aldo will ever get another crack at McGregor....ultimately not letting him avenge his losses like GSP did.
    So far I think GSP's legacy of having beaten every man he's ever faced gives him an advantage on the other legends.
    (Jon Jones aside for the DQ and the DC fight where his PED's raise doubts)

12. BHR Blue Belt

BHR
    after the loss to conor he has to do more than that its really aldos fault that conor is where hes at today

he would have to beat conor at 45 or even 55 which i doubt we will see either or go on another like 10 fight win streak defending the 45 belt just to get that 13sec KO out of my mind

13. thenorthernmonkey orion' belt

thenorthernmonkey
    I genuinely think that on current form, max beats both. and I fucking love Aldo man. Like, love that guy.

14. Durr T Sanchez Green Belt

Durr T Sanchez
    Let be honest. What hurt Aldo the most is the hype about the first fight with Conor that he pulled out of due to injury. That killed a lot of the hype leading up to their eventual fight...then to have it all end in 13 seconds just really let the air out of Aldos sails. Beating Frankie didnt mean much in my eyes because he already beat him 2x. But beating Max and how he beats Max would be a huge statement.

15. thenorthernmonkey orion' belt

thenorthernmonkey
    if he went on 'another' 10 fight win streak surely that would make him the goat, bar none. that's 20-1 with 18 defences.

Kung Fu bb likes this.
  16. chinarice Silver Belt

chinarice
    Max is gonna beat him so it won't matter.

17. Chuck Brown Belt

Chuck
    I'm sorry..I can't agree.
    Jose and Conor were in their prime for their fight and it ended poorly for Jose.
    Jose needs to win 145 then challenge for 155 (I'm assuming McGregor will be stripped)....win...and then finally help sell a fight if he's ever going to face Conor again to prove he's better.
    I'm not a Conor nuthugger...just a realist.

18. MMAAAM Red Belt

MMAAAM
    <TrumpWrong1>

19. det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek Purple Belt

det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek
    So, Weidman is a greater fighter than Anderson? Cody is a greater fighter than Dominick? Makes no sense. You prove your greatness by staying on the top.

20. French Canadian Purple Belt

French Canadian
    GSP is one of the GOAT, Matt Serra is just better (if Matt serra went to another division and never granted a rematch, which is what Hodor did)

Kung Fu bb and Toner like this.