If Aldo beats Max... Aldo > > Silva and GSP! It´s not opinion, It´s fact! Look at these numbers!

It's debatable. Aldo has the most potential to establish himself as GOAT because of all of the top 5, he's the only one around still doing things. You can argue Jones but Jones is a mess.

It's a shame we won't ever see a rematch with Conor

What would have happened to GSP legacy if he hadn't had the opportunity to avenge his Serra's loss?

I think that GSP avenging his losses is dramatically overrated by his shitbird fans. Regaining the belt and defending it a bunch is far more important than the fact tha the beat Serra to do it.

dude, you know as well I do that mcgregor was even surprised by how fast it was over. mcgregor is good and I don't doubt it, but it was a genuine wtf knockout that doesn't get repeated too often.
True but id imagine Conor catches him more often than not. Now 13 seconds, thats not going to happen again very likely.

I dont even count that Conor loss lmao McTap gave up the title and didnt try to defend it. Then Aldo beats the Ascended version of Edgar easily. Aldo is GOATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

True but id imagine Conor catches him more often than not. Now 13 seconds, thats not going to happen again very likely.

yeah, I still think conor would finish him. but like you said, 13 seconds is crazy fast. hence the fastest title bout finish (ufc) of all time. basically conor vs aldo 2 is 'the' fight to make for mma fans. fuck your gate dana...

I don't get why some people care so much about this type of thing, particularly with mma where it's next to to impossible to work out.

Yeah, Aldo's fucking awesome and arguably the most complete fighter the sport has ever seen. Shame one bad performance he will never get the chance to avenge has turned him into a bum in a lot of foolish peoples eyes.

He did get a chance and he turned it down.

yeah, I still think conor would finish him. but like you said, 13 seconds is crazy fast. hence the fastest title bout finish (ufc) of all time. basically conor vs aldo 2 is 'the' fight to make for mma fans. fuck your gate dana...
It would still have great numbers, just seems Aldo needs that Max win first.

If Aldo is able to land 4 or 5 brutal leg kicks that would really fuck Conors stand up.

He did get a chance and he turned it down.

Yeah, okay. Technically you are right, he was offered a chance on short notice for no belt 10 days after coming off a no contact medical suspension which he apparently was going to foolishly accept until his coach talked him out of it.

Tables turned do you think Conors coaches would be dumb enough to risk his only chance at redemtion under those circumstances?

I don't give a fuck about the tweet either and admit it was stupid if he even wrote it himself.

Fedor, Silva, GSP, Aldo, Jones

Fedor was a LHW who fought HW when it was at its best(by far).

Silva had 10 title defenses but its how easy he made them look. The one title fight that was actually difficult(Sonnen 1) he pulled of a triangle in the last 5-10 seconds of the fight. It was like MJ at the buzzer.

GSP is probably the most complete MMA fighter of the list. Sure some people considered him boring but the fact is he was striker who became the best MMA wrestler and used that to completely nullify most of his opponents. GSP was a professional champion. You just can't imagine GSP not having the belt.

Aldo is ahead of Jones in my opinion because 1)he deserves it and 2)Jones deserves to be put behind Aldo. Aldo was a very dominant champion and extremely well rounded. Probably the best TDD ever and a great fundamental striker that could be explosive at times. His TDD and striking was so great that to this day we have never seen his BJJ, which is supposed to be on par with the rest of his skill set. Aldo also fought his title fights(UFC/WEC) against contenders that were in their prime or at least young. Unlike Jones who fought guys like Shogun, Rampage, Rashad, Chael, and Vitor when they were beyond their prime.

I imagine that Aldo's loss was as devastating to his fans as GSP's Serra loss was to GSP's fans. Unfortunately I don't think Aldo will ever get another crack at McGregor....ultimately not letting him avenge his losses like GSP did.
So far I think GSP's legacy of having beaten every man he's ever faced gives him an advantage on the other legends.
(Jon Jones aside for the DQ and the DC fight where his PED's raise doubts)

after the loss to conor he has to do more than that its really aldos fault that conor is where hes at today

he would have to beat conor at 45 or even 55 which i doubt we will see either or go on another like 10 fight win streak defending the 45 belt just to get that 13sec KO out of my mind

It would still have great numbers, just seems Aldo needs that Max win first.

If Aldo is able to land 4 or 5 brutal leg kicks that would really fuck Conors stand up.

I genuinely think that on current form, max beats both. and I fucking love Aldo man. Like, love that guy.

Let be honest. What hurt Aldo the most is the hype about the first fight with Conor that he pulled out of due to injury. That killed a lot of the hype leading up to their eventual fight...then to have it all end in 13 seconds just really let the air out of Aldos sails. Beating Frankie didnt mean much in my eyes because he already beat him 2x. But beating Max and how he beats Max would be a huge statement.

after the loss to conor he has to do more than that its really aldos fault that conor is where hes at today

he would have to beat conor at 45 or even 55 which i doubt we will see either or go on another like 10 fight win streak defending the 45 belt just to get that 13sec KO out of my mind

if he went on 'another' 10 fight win streak surely that would make him the goat, bar none. that's 20-1 with 18 defences.

Max is gonna beat him so it won't matter.

He has to prove it by defending his title more than 9 times. At this point there's no discussion: Aldo is a greater fighter than McGregor.
I'm sorry..I can't agree.
Jose and Conor were in their prime for their fight and it ended poorly for Jose.
Jose needs to win 145 then challenge for 155 (I'm assuming McGregor will be stripped)....win...and then finally help sell a fight if he's ever going to face Conor again to prove he's better.
I'm not a Conor nuthugger...just a realist.

I'm sorry..I can't agree.
Jose and Conor were in their prime for their fight and it ended poorly for Jose.
Jose needs to win 145 then challenge for 155 (I'm assuming McGregor will be stripped)....win...and then finally help sell a fight if he's ever going to face Conor again to prove he's better.
I'm not a Conor nuthugger...just a realist.

So, Weidman is a greater fighter than Anderson? Cody is a greater fighter than Dominick? Makes no sense. You prove your greatness by staying on the top.

Aldo is one of the greatest fighters of all time. Conor is just better.

GSP is one of the GOAT, Matt Serra is just better (if Matt serra went to another division and never granted a rematch, which is what Hodor did)

Back