If a widely used software secretly did bad things...

GSP_37

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
... super smart good guy computer experts would eventually find out and alert the general public not to use it, right?

People would be shocked for a day or two then continue to use it as if nothing ever happened.

We know that plenty of things are bad for us but we don't give them up.

Like if sherdog.com put "5 viruses have infected your computer" pop ups everywhere?

Like if sherdog.com put "5 viruses have infected your computer" pop ups everywhere?
The mobile format of sherdog that I use had some many pop ups that I wasn't even able to use it. Then I dowloaded an ad blocker app & I've had zero pop ups ever since

Last edited:
The people that wanted to alert the general public are either discredited by the company and the people, dead, or turned into company people.
And the flock remains in the pasture....

The mobile format of sherdog that I use had some many pop ups that I wasn't even able to use it. Then I dowloaded an add blocker app & I've had zero pop ups ever since
Me too but the app is way slower than my old browser. Oh well

Me too but the app is way slower than my old browser. Oh well
I don't use the app. I use the browser version.

I don't like the app because it doesn't have the recent post section

The people that wanted to alert the general public are either discredited by the company and the people, dead, or turned into company people.
And the flock remains in the pasture....
@Scyther is trying to help us all.

... super smart good guy computer experts would eventually find out and alert the general public not to use it, right?

You need to define "bad things".

Stole and shared all your information?

Filmed you using your own web cam and used the images to blackmail you?

Logged your credit card information for the purposes of fraud?

All kinds of software does all kinds of questionable things, and many of these things are discovered. There are websites where new breeds of malware are identified and posted. There are free counter measure programs available. There are functions of hardware and software that are pretty questionable, and they have been discussed at length even in the MSM.

Privacy is an extremely important, volatile issue. How our information is handled or distributed is critical.

You need to define "bad things".

Stole and shared all your information?

Filmed you using your own web cam and used the images to blackmail you?

Logged your credit card information for the purposes of fraud?

All kinds of software does all kinds of questionable things, and many of these things are discovered. There are websites where new breeds of malware are identified and posted. There are free counter measure programs available. There are functions of hardware and software that are pretty questionable, and they have been discussed at length even in the MSM.

Privacy is an extremely important, volatile issue. How our information is handled or distributed is critical.

lol I thought it was being sold now. So we're all fucked anyway. Yolo.

ya'll know that the ads on Sherdog are just whatever ads the ad publisher puts out? i've don't which ad company they use, i'm sure it's a low grade company that doesn't "vet" the ads.

why? who knows Sherdog marketing i'm sure are dumb ppl, don't know how to use adsense(google)

The mobile format of sherdog that I use had some many pop ups that I wasn't even able to use it. Then I dowloaded an add blocker app & I've had zero pop ups ever since
Which one?

Yep, they did it with Google Chrome and that's one of the reasons I don't use that browser.

I'm pretty sure McAfee antivirus will fuck your computer up.

Back