Idris Elba rumored to be next Bond

The guy who wrote the Bond story would have picked someone from Sierra Leone to be Bond.

is the next "shaft" movie going to be a white guy?
oh no , cultural appropriation only works one way in Hollywood .

is bond only a part of white british culture?

Bonds "whiteness" has never been an essential part of the character. Only his British identity is.

Black panthers identity and entire character are based on being an African from an African country. People saying "omg if they make a black bond they should make a white black panther lol" need to stop being dumbasses. The comparison is not valid.

People at mad because there are no white actors anymore.

<45>

Yeah it's simple. Let's never do any race switching, even though 95% of iconic characters are white, created in the days when Hollywood was almost entirely white.

Oh but let's not forget when they do cast a role based on an ethnic person they just made them white. I guess we can keep casting all those characters as white guys too. After all we already set a precedence. Changing race is ok, but only when it's arab to white, asian to white, black to white, etc.

View attachment 421265

Nice strawman but we're discussing Bond, who is British and isn't produced by Hollywood.

Laterz.

Nice strawman but we're discussing Bond, who is British and isn't produced by Hollywood.

Laterz.
Lol you think the Bond movies aren't produced by Hollywood? Yeah you don't know what you're talking about. Shocking.

Laterz.

Lol you think the Bond movies aren't produced by Hollywood? Yeah you don't know what you're talking about. Shocking.
...and Idris is British born and raised.

Well that is unless you take the view of that one poster upthread that Blacks or other ethnics even born in Britain are not true Brits.

...and Idris is British born and raised.
A lot of people don't seem to care about that. They seem to have the mentality that only white people are "truly" British. Which is silly. England is as diverse as America, and we don't consider only white people "true Americans"

Well, at least only a certain demographic feels that way

{<hhh]

I don't know if I posted in this thread, but I would love Idris as Bond.

Also, I want a Luther comeback!

Ill guess, by 2030, we will see a black bond, an Asian bond, and every other type of bond you can imagine.

And Tom Cruise will still be in MI

I think Elba would make a great Bond. People bitched about Daniel Craig because he didn't fit the description either.

I don't think people who are against it are necessarily racist though. If you grew up identifying with a hero and they changed races, be it Spider Man being Mexican or whatever, well you can't identify with them quite the same. It's understandable.

But yeah Elba would make a good Bond. I never really got into Bond but I think he could pull it off.

I think Elba would make a great Bond. People bitched about Daniel Craig because he didn't fit the description either.

I don't think people who are against it are necessarily racist though. If you grew up identifying with a hero and they changed races, be it Spider Man being Mexican or whatever, well you can't identify with them quite the same. It's understandable.

But yeah Elba would make a good Bond. I never really got into Bond but I think he could pull it off.
I don't think everyone against it is innately racist either. But then you see the flow of the conversation, and how completely ignorant and angry some people are... yeah some people definitely have some issues.

By far the funniest part of this convo has been mentioning all the white washing of ethnic roles over the years, and the angry responses of it's not the same. Or they go right back to but what if a white guy took an ethnic role! After we just explained, like twenty times, how common that is.

plot of first movie. bond meets american cops

DkPJ7qQW4AE6tDn.jpg
I'm gonna need a bond, bail bond.

Its a fictional character. Dont see what is to be upset about.
These uppity minorities are tryin to take our jerbs! It's all part of a plot to destabilize white nations with multiculturalism!

Those have literally been some of the responses

<Lmaoo>

Then those same people turn around and say we're mad

{<huh}

<36>

Ill guess, by 2030, we will see a black bond, an Asian bond, and every other type of bond you can imagine.

And Tom Cruise will still be in MI

I’m waiting for Gold Bond an 88 year old international man of mystery

Fuck your ageism!

Last edited:
I don't think everyone against it is innately racist either. But then you see the flow of the conversation, and how completely ignorant and angry some people are... yeah some people definitely have some issues.

By far the funniest part of this convo has been mentioning all the white washing of ethnic roles over the years, and the angry responses of it's not the same. Or they go right back to but what if a white guy took an ethnic role! After we just explained, like twenty times, how common that is.

I haven't read the thread but I'm sure that's the case. I just assumed people would go on the Bond is white rant

Back