Idris Elba rumored to be next Bond

Delicious salty snowflakes.

068228089d1039a443c458cfe3764972

Fuck im still getting quoted in this thread the SJWs (like yourself) must be real pissed at other peoples opinion about this.

I have moved on stop tagging me in your gay shit.

I don't know if movies were that far behind comics. The 60s is the same time Poitier was starring in Raisin in the Sun, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, To Sir with Love and In the Heat of the Night. And those films and roles had a range. In the Heat of the Night was very much about racial tensions. But in To Sir with Love, he was just a good teacher who happened to also be black.

Cry the Beloved Country was made in 1951.

I think video games and comics both benefited somewhat from film having already started to move in the right direction.
Well to me it's more the fact that comics have a wide variety of different races that are well represented. Poitier is great, but seemed to be the token black, in the sense that there were very few others.

Marvel and DC have had a lot of female and minority characters for quite some time.

Well to me it's more the fact that comics have a wide variety of different races that are well represented. Poitier is great, but seemed to be the token black, in the sense that there were very few others.

Marvel and DC have had a lot of female and minority characters for quite some time.

I might say the token black top tier leading man. I am slightly concerned about people overlooking the careers and contributions of actors like Yaphet Kotto, Ossie Davis, James Earl Jones, Canada Lee, Ruby Dee, Lou Gossett Jr., etc., all of whose careers date back to at least the 1960s with substantial roles.

Fuck im still getting quoted in this thread the SJWs (like yourself) must be real pissed at other peoples opinion about this.

I have moved on stop tagging me in your gay shit.

Could you at least tell an old, out of touch with the kids man what a 'sjw' is? I can't keep up to this Twitter and text stuff. Also, if you are going to mention the word 'gay' in your post, please be aware that some of are gay and may find your post hurtful. Reported

Last edited:
I might say the token black top tier leading man. I am slightly concerned about people overlooking the careers and contributions of actors like Yaphet Kotto, Ossie Davis, James Earl Jones, Canada Lee, Ruby Dee, Lou Gossett Jr., etc., all of whose careers date back to at least the 1960s with substantial roles.
For me at least, the most notable and memorable roles for a some of those guys came later, in the 80s. Although it could just be the fact that the 60s stuff is before my time.

I'm more of a comics guy than a movie guy, so it might be that I just know more about groundbreaking minority characters in comics than in movies.

Good pick? He's literally getting picked as an affirmative action pick. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Just to be hip, trendy, and full white liberal SJW.

Theres a smorgasbord of better picks.

tenor.gif

I said he's in good NICK as in he's in good shape for a man of his age but now that you mention it yes I do think he's a good PICK for reasons I have already mentioned but since you seem to have reading comprehension issues I'll say it again... Elba is a handsome charismatic English gent who exudes cool and can effortlessly play the part of an international baddass superspy. The fact that he is black is of absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

It's not that bad of a decision, even as a guy that mocks quotas and such for the ethnic minorities. There's really not a bunch of actors to chose from to play Bond. I'd place Tom Hardy at 1, Idris as 2.

With it being 2018, obviously he'll get the nod.

Could you at least tell an old, out of touch with the kids man what a 'sjw' is? I can't keep up to this Twitter and text stuff. Also, if you are going to mention the word 'gay' in your post, please be aware that some of is are gay and may find your post hurtful. Reported

You so mad

SimplisticTalkativeGosling-size_restricted.gif

Look I even used a black guy in my gif to be more progressive.

I don't understand why people attach him to all of these projects. Has he done anything of note other than The Wire and Luthor (the former being an ensemble show)?

tenor.gif

I said he's in good NICK as in he's in good shape for a man of his age but now that you mention it yes I do think he's a good PICK for reasons I have already mentioned but since you seem to have reading comprehension issues I'll say it again... Elba is a handsome charismatic English gent who exudes cool and can effortlessly play the part of an international baddass superspy. The fact that he is black is of absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

Honestly in a lot of respects its a very UNrisky move as really he's very close to Craig indeed when it comes to playing a good charismatic ass kicker.

I would say the only issue is that it potentially shifts characters background, Bond always had the feeling of the traditional upper class to him, Idris could easily play an educated character potentially from a well off background but there wouldn't quite be the same feeling of him as a "relic of empire". What I suspect you would see if he's cast as Bond is that we get more of this from Mi6 as a whole, basically his Bond constantly having to prove himself to the establishment.

The people hating a black bond arent simply doing it because they must harbor some racist feelings. Im sure some do but keep in mind as noted alot of people blew their tops over Craig because he was blonde and too short and even too ugly in their eyes.

Bond is a very established well loved character at this point and many fans have a very distinct set notion of who he is, how he acts, and what he looks like, and any attempt to alter that is met with rage understandably.

I'm not especially bothered by a race change for Bond. Sure its probably cheap pandering but ehhhh. I'm more so annoyed that when Hollywood do these race swaps they seem to think no other racial options exist outside of black people.

I'm against Idris Elba being Bond, not because he is black,
but because Bond isn't.

I don't understand why people attach him to all of these projects. Has he done anything of note other than The Wire and Luthor (the former being an ensemble show)?
He's a talented actor, and he does a lot of support role work, but is way overdue for a big role.
He was excellent in Netflix's Beast of no Nation, Mandela, the
Office..and then a bunch of other smaller stuff.

He's had some flops, like The Dark Tower and a mountain between us, but those were because the movies were just bad. With a good script and cast he can be great

It's not that bad of a decision, even as a guy that mocks quotas and such for the ethnic minorities. There's really not a bunch of actors to chose from to play Bond. I'd place Tom Hardy at 1, Idris as 2.

With it being 2018, obviously he'll get the nod.

Maybe I'm underestimating him but I can't see Hardy as Bond.

My off the wall pick (assuming he's sober enough) would be Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I would approve of Elba Bond too.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers

JRM would be an interesting Bond. No homo but has dat magnetic sexual energy. I think the best way to play him would be via the misogyny though and the only way you get away with a misogynistic Bond nowadays is to make him Muslim

I thought Idris would make an excellent Bond the last time this thread came up.

I look forward to black panther 2 starring Chris hemsworth

Back