Idris Elba = Next James Bond?

How would a black 007 blend in undercover in some place like Russia?

tumblr_nrgqyiQ8pK1rw8d2io1_1280.jpg

Not pc enough. The next james bond need to be a very fat black woman. Who make a sex change at the end of the movie. Turning herself into a fat gay bond.

lol
If you think that guy would/could pull it off, then I'm sure he could. I will allow that. Why not Jeffrey from Fresh Prince of Bel-air?
images

He, too has that suave, sophisticated style combined with acerbic wit that would be required for the role.
Answer: It wouldn't quite fit, ya dig? Why not make him a villain, instead?

I don't see this character from Elba. He's a good actor, but he's just getting a little too old to be playing a guy who runs around, staying up for days on end to perform his duties as an assassin or to drink/womanize. He'd make a great addition to the franchise as an older spy, trainer of sorts, or mentor. But I don't see him as 007 straight up. Just my take.

Elba looks way too much like a black guy to be Bond imo. Should cast Steve Carell instead, his work as Michael Scarn in Threat Level Midnight was tremendous

I don't see this character from Elba. He's a good actor, but he's just getting a little too old to be playing a guy who runs around, staying up for days on end to perform his duties as an assassin or to drink/womanize. He'd make a great addition to the franchise as an older spy, trainer of sorts, or mentor. But I don't see him as 007 straight up. Just my take.

He's definitely getting a bit long in the tooth, no question.

I'd say it was a shame it didn't happen years ago, but I really, really like Craig in the role. He brought the franchise back to life for me.

I really would have liked Elba as Bond.

I'd say it was a shame it didn't happen years ago, but I really, really like Craig in the role. He brought the franchise back to life for me.

He wouldn't be the only actor to be cast as Bond in his mid to late 40's.

He wouldn't be the only actor to be cast as Bond in his mid to late 40's.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd be doing cartwheels through the streets.

How would a black 007 blend in undercover in some place like Russia? The whole idea is just stupid PC BS. If it goes that route I'm not watching the next movie.
Another perfect example of a moron that can't think past established association patterns. You don't think, and this is why you will never see exceptions when they pop up. All you can do is react like an emotional beast.

The Bond character always relied on wits and intelligence minus the meathead Daniel Craig. Whoever they go with I hope they return to that character.

Yeah, Craig was great for the role. Charming and ruthless all roled into one. I was a skeptic at first, but that guy really delivered some masterful performances. If having Elba means not having Craig, then the choice is really easy. Craig was vastly superior as Bond than what Elba could have delivered.

The Bond character always relied on wits and intelligence minus the meathead Daniel Craig. Whoever they go with I hope they return to that character.
Bond is, first and foremost, a spy who kills people. That takes a certain kind of person, and I thought Craig did that well. I can see him as a convincing SAS Commando (the kind of person who has that kind of tactical training) as well as a womanizing playboy, and that's what Bond is for me. I thought he did a fantastic job.

Bond is, first and foremost, a spy who kills people. That takes a certain kind of person, and I thought Craig did that well. I can see him as a convincing SAS Commando (the kind of person who has that kind of tactical training) as well as a womanizing playboy, and that's what Bond is for me. I thought he did a fantastic job.
I guess we each have our own ideas of what Bond should look like. I just prefer the Connery version.

Edris elba would not make a good bond.

Jamie lannister would be the better choice.

Why on Earth would you care even a tiny bit about Bond's origins?

Elba would be a fantastic Bond, that's all I care about.

And I'm sure Samuel L Jackson would have made a fantastic Bruce Wayne back in the 90s but that doesn't make it any less shit casting.

Why not bring on Elbra as 007's partner, 008? Now that I can get behind. Make him another agent. Or make him the villain.

And I'm sure Samuel L Jackson would have made a fantastic Bruce Wayne back in the 90s but that doesn't make it any less shit casting.

Why not bring on Elbra as 007's partner, 008? Now that I can get behind. Make him another agent. Or make him the villain.

A black bond works if the story is set in africa otherwise it just does not fit.

I just dont think idris elba should even be considered. I will say why.

Back