Idris Elba = Next James Bond?

Elba is too old at this stage. I'd go with either of these two.

tumblr_ohfb7cOjYh1vl5bndo1_500.jpg

You have bad taste in Bonds.

if we are gonna social justice/affirmative action it lets make it right, he has to be caitlin'ed, disabled and fat as fuck

Isn't the defining characteristic of Bond that he is British?

Interesting that people take offense to a British man playing him over the various non-British actors who have.

Idris Elba would make a badass James Bond. I dare say he will be the most athletic and explosive Bond to date.

My favorite Bond was Timothy Dalton.

I haven't watched the past few Bond films but would go watch Elba, just to see what a Black Bond would be like.

I'd like to see Elba being Bond; it would rustle a lot of jimmies to see a Black Bond.

Idris Elba as Bond doesn't bother me. He's been good in everything he's in.

Hardy is an overrated can.
I've only seen Hardy in Mad Max and the last Batman. Loved Hardy in Mad Max Fury Road ; the whole film was just epic.

Hes already a brit so I don't see a problem

I've only seen Hardy in Mad Max and the last Batman. Loved Hardy in Mad Max Fury Road ; the whole film was just epic.
I loved Hardy in Inception and Warrior. He was pretty good in RocknRolla, too. I suggest watching Warrior. It's an actual good MMA movie.

Fassbender would make a good Bond. The best scenes in First Class are Magneto hunting down and killing ex-Nazis. He's basically Bond with Super Powers, down to the one liners,

Magneto pins the Nazi's hand to a table with his own dagger, then reads the inscription on the blade,

"Blood and Honour...which do you want to shed first?"

Nazi, "I was under orders!"

Magneto, "Blood it is".

At the end of the scene, he picks up one of the dead Nazi's Luger handgun, turns around and fires it straight into the camera.:cool:
I was going to mention Fassbender but I looked up that he's 40 so half this thread will cry "he's too old!"

How about Kit Harrington? Young enough to play Bond in a few movies. Pretty enough to make the girls wet just by walking into the room.:)

I'm pretty apathetic toward the Bond franchise at this point and like Craig, but if Elba became the new Bond, I would certainly be cool with that.

He's impressed the fuck out of me in I think everything he's been in. It's cool as fuck the see a Wire alum killing it in Hollywoo.

You have bad taste in Bonds.

Turner is actually one of the favourites and he fits the part.
tumblr_nzztsxmhwb1rrhhnko1_500.gif

Plus both are the right age and they have never picked major stars in the past, as it's too hard to get them to sign a multi picture deal.

How about Kit Harrington? Young enough to play Bond in a few movies. Pretty enough to make the girls wet just by walking into the room.:)

Manlet Bond
e5aa951668f1467508f8507039adfc3d.jpg

Last edited:
How about a gender fluid, non-binary and bisexual Bond who is a diabled minority refugee. That should satisfy the SJW crowd.

Does not look tough enough. He can almost play Q.

He's deceptively big - 6'3" would make him comfortably the biggest Bond to date, and taller than the other candidates. And remember, he's young and can grow into the role - anyone over 33-34 is going to be too old after a couple movies, so you need to recruit young now. A few months working with Tom Harry's trainer ought to get some more beef on him.

Don't underestimate him as an actor - he just hasn't been given a real tough guy role yet. We know he can do smart, charismatic already - nothing to suggest he can't also do "hard".

He's deceptively big - 6'3" would make him comfortably the biggest Bond to date, and taller than the other candidates. And remember, he's young and can grow into the role - anyone over 33-34 is going to be too old after a couple movies, so you need to recruit young now. A few months working with Tom Harry's trainer ought to get some more beef on him.

Don't underestimate him as an actor - he just hasn't been given a real tough guy role yet. We know he can do smart, charismatic already - nothing to suggest he can't also do "hard".

It would be better to sign somebody to a multi picture deal although actors often don't feel they're getting paid enough. I think Connery quit over money because he made another Bond movie with a different producer. It was rather strange because the Bond movies made his career. Roger Moore wasn't available for the role until he was in his 40s. Brosnan was in a similar situation because of the Remington Steele television series. Brosnan was dropped from the Bond series because they couldn't come to terms on a contract with his agent.

The role doesn't tie up an actor as much as a tv series. They make a Bond movie about every 2 or 3 years. Plenty of time to do other things.

I wonder how many people would cream their pants if Bendict Cumberbun played Bond.

Back