Idris Elba = Next James Bond?

I've liked Elba in everything I've seen him in. The dude is equal parts badass and good looking.

The dude is like 45ish though. I mean, come on.

Other than the fact that he's black, which makes him the feel good choice, why does his name keep coming up? He's too fucking old to be the next Bond.

Would be awesome. I'm down.

007.png

He would be fine. Personally, I didn't like Daniel Craig as Bond. Starting off with the very first Bond novel ever written, I think that Ewan McGregor would have been great casting and would have brought in the younger audience to a revamped Bond franchise...

EwanMcGregor_Bond-1.jpg

I disagree I think he'd a great Bond.

That being said I want to see a Ginger Bond first.

My post was more of a joke - the "too street" remark was made by the writer of the next Bond movie script and the "English-English" remark was made by Roger Moore in regards to Elba possibly playing Bond.

Can't stand this social justice shit, but Elba is a complete boss so no complaints here

Pretty much this. Elba could play a convincing suave playboy spy.

Elba is too old at this stage. I'd go with either of these two.

tumblr_ohfb7cOjYh1vl5bndo1_500.jpg

Bond should be a suave WHITE English guy.

Fuck this PC shit I think he is a great actor but this role isn't for him. A Bond villain hell yes!

Well considering Bond is Scottish in the books, and the most famous Bond is Scottish I don't see why he should be English <Fedor23>

Grew up with a English bond, imprinted on my brain that he should be English.

Can honestly say I have not read the books though. I am guessing he was always a white guy?

Grew up with a English bond, imprinted on my brain that he should be English.

Can honestly say I have not read the books though. I am guessing he was always a white guy?

Yeah I was half-joking, as long as Bond is British (Brosnan is Irish, but he doesn't seem it and went to school in London etc.). Still think Connery is the best though.

I read the books as a kid and can barely remember much of them now tbh, but yes he was always white lol.

The age thing doesn't concern me much. Brosnan and Roger Moore were both in their 40's when they had their first Bond roles.

Jackman is more an example of luck than intent. He replaced another actor at the last minute due to injury; Dougray Scott.

I know but that doesn't mean you can't use that as an example on how to approach casting.

He's too old. He'll be 45 years old in Sept which means he'll be 46 approaching 47 by the time they start filming at the earliest. Daniel Craig was 37 when he first started filming and Connery was 32.

Are we so desperate for a new James Bond that we are thinking about casting a guy in his late 40s? The whole purpose is to get a few films out of who ever you are casting and it take a long time to film those movies. A trilogy is close to 10 years easily these days. They should give the series a rest for a while and start up with some new blood.

Yep that is what I wrote. Only Roger Moore started that old. I dont think anyone wants to see that again with a Black guy.

I should also add Kaecillius was way more threatening than Loki. We all knew Thor would ragdoll Loki as soon as he got his hammer back. Even after Doctor Strange ended, I wasn't sure he could have taken Kaecillius in a fight if Dormammu didn't intervene.

Asgardians will always have way more magical potential than a mortal human.

Fassbender would make a good Bond. The best scenes in First Class are Magneto hunting down and killing ex-Nazis. He's basically Bond with Super Powers, down to the one liners,

Magneto pins the Nazi's hand to a table with his own dagger, then reads the inscription on the blade,

"Blood and Honour...which do you want to shed first?"

Nazi, "I was under orders!"

Magneto, "Blood it is".

At the end of the scene, he picks up one of the dead Nazi's Luger handgun, turns around and fires it straight into the camera.:cool:

Back