Idris Elba = Next James Bond?

It has nothing to do with acting. Bond in film is supposed to be a womanizing badass in his prime sort of like Indiana Jones. Colin Firth or Liam Neeson couldn't do Indiana Jones properly now either much like Harrison Ford failed at doing it in his 60's.

He's meant to be a cruel, alcoholic womaniser, who kills for his country with a weary smirk. That ain't for everyone.

I'd rather have Amy Schumer as Jane Bond.

Make it like a better version of trainwreck. Amy can hook up with studs like Henry Cavil, John Cena, and pretty boys like Orlando bloom as she tosses them aside as they are just disposable playthings for her. Jane Bond (Amy Schumer) then continues down the road of Bond awesomeness by drinking, smoking and killing bad guys!! all while looking fabulous!

Loki has made Hiddleston into a damn superstar even though Loki was meh overall. He was okay in Thor, decent in The Avengers and not interesting in any other appearance.

Ummmmm....

Have you even heard of The Night Manager?

Some of the finest shit I've ever seen.

It's a miniseries, and if you aren't too poor to have Amazon Prime, watch it tonight.

So basically you're reducing Idris Elba to just a black guy that deserves a role? You're being a piece of shit and you don't even realize it.

To all the assholes in this thread making it about race or SJW shit... your shitty association patterns don't apply 100% of the time. You still have to think sometimes.

Yes yes. Also, I think that Jackie Chan would make an awesome Martin Luther King. You don t agree, you piece of shit ?

Brosnan? Too effete. Thin wrists. Looked like a bloke who owns a chain of hairdressers, drives a 911 convertible at 35 mph.

Craig was a dour cunt, though.

That Ellis bloke is too old. Cast a young man so he doesn't look like a rotted old bastard chasing his daughter's mates.

38 is too old for Bond ?

Go watch Twilight, lol. Gtfo.

Normally I'd get irritated over this but Stringer Bell would actually make a good Bond.

Is that sarcasm? He looked like he hated every single second. Nobody has been able to come lose to Connery, Moore and Brosnan. They were at least able to act like they enjoyed the role.

Brosnan was a joke.

Connery was the GOAT.

Lol. This thread exposing the racists and prejudice.

Lol. This thread exposing the racists and prejudice.

I have a prejudice casting older men in a movie roles where they seduce young women trying to be an playboy spy. Cast the actors age appropriate. Get someone in their 30's that makes the role believable so you can do multiple movies not some creepy 50+ year old Bond. 6+ billion people on this planet and Iris Elba is the best we can come up with for leading the franchise for the next decade? Same thing with Tom Hardy. He's not a good choice either. Lets get some creative and get some new talent in there. Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine is the classic example of how you properly cast someone in a role like this. You get someone who is relatively new, younger, and fits the look so you can actually do more than one movie before they qualify for Medicaid.

Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine is the classic example of how you properly cast someone in a role like this.
Jackman is more an example of luck than intent. He replaced another actor at the last minute due to injury; Dougray Scott.

lol wasn't this thread done and done again like five years ago?
and NO to stringer bell.
james bond is an Eton educated WMA ffs, thats what Ian Fleming wrote the character as.
otherwise, why not go full retard and cast Bond as a LGBTQ3, quadraplegic?
think what gimmicks Q could come up with.

Emily Blunt.

James Bond should be a title, rather than a person.

I give zero fucks about Bond, haven't watched since the living daylights.

Elba gets the nod,you can bet,they'll be looking at Emma Watson to follow him.

If Emma Watson plays a sexist, feminazi, dinosaur, a relic from the cold war, who bangs every guy she meets like Bond bangs all the girl he meets, I will watch.

If Elba is Bond, I will not, even if he bangs white girls.

If Elba is Bond, then it will be for one movie. Elba is 45, and Craig who is 49. Spectre came out with Craig being 47. Craig I believe is due for one more go. Which means Elba will be pushing 50. If they rebooting for Elba, or a black person, then no point in using someone that old.

Back