Idris Elba = Next James Bond?

Idris elba looks tired and depressed. His bond will be dull and uncharismatic.

If they want to deviate from the traditional bond i nominate ron weasley.

Not kidding either. He would make the perfect recruit.

No. Get the dude from SuperBad instead..

jonah_hill_850008.jpg

this debate has come up repeatedly over the last few years.
elba is past his prime, as anything, let alone in the Bond franchise.
there was talk of damien lewis taking over, but I think he's out too.

Edris elba would not make a good bond.

Jamie lannister would be the better choice

Again, too old.

Yes, both Connery and Moore played the role well into middle age, but audiences were somewhat more forgiving in those days. Now they want someone in those roles who looks like he could snap your neck with his bare hands, and most middle aged guys can't pull it off. Keanu is a freak; he looks at least five years younger than his chronological age. And I wouldn't be surprised if Cruise drinks human blood. But even Neeson looked less than impressive in the action scenes of the Taken sequels; compare the multiple cuts in his fights to the Wick fights.

Most Bonds sign a multi-picture deal, and there are two years at least between Bond films. The best age for an actor to start making them is late twenties to early thirties.

Another perfect example of a moron that can't think past established association patterns. You don't think, and this is why you will never see exceptions when they pop up. All you can do is react like an emotional beast.
Easy now, my child...think about it: The bad guys would see him coming a mile away...unless it were at night, I suppose.<41>
Not only that, but EON productions aren't going to risk tanking the franchise.
You talk about established patterns...practically every one of these 007 movies follow the same predictable formula:
The opening chase scene
007 getting captured and interrogated
blah blah...
p.s. R.I.P. Roger Moore.

I have nothing against blacks but a black James Bond...are you fucking for real?

Daniel crai
Bond wasn't supposed to be a muscled brute like Daniel Craig, but here we are. THAT was a bigger shift than what Idris Elba would be (if they returned to the suave, thinking man's Bond)

Daniel craig was not a muscled brute. What the fuck are you talking about? Daniel craig is a smaller man. LOL

Daniel crai

Daniel craig was not a muscled brute. What the fuck are you talking about? Daniel craig is a smaller man. LOL
I'm talking about how his character normally solves problems with muscle and force, rather than wit and cunning.

giphy.gif

You're looking at Idris Elba as just a random black guy, and that's your problem.

It's not a problem. James Bond is a character that shouldn't be played by a black guy. They're probably going to do it anyways because of all the sjw snowflakes that cry about everything in this day, and I'm sure the vast majority of people will NOT like him playing this roll.

Back