Idiocracy , 2006 movie predicts the future?

from LA grew up in FL, not to say there weren't other groups too, also i dont think the movie really specifies dropping out but that higher birth rates in those groups and they just happened to use rednecks , because they are probably one of the funniest under educated groups.
I grew up in Florida as well, definitely different there for sure compared to LA. Agree with this post.

Home-boy, cholo, chav, pikey, ratchet, guido. Are those the sort of terms you're looking for?

So what's the equivalent of redneck for other groups.
There is none, because they are banned.

On Sherdog, I think "explosive" is one that gets some mileage.

The movie would have been banned if they used any other group.

You use redneck to describe a group of white people.
What slang word is accepted around here to describe Muslims or Latino?

I believe "Religion of Piece" and various other Muslim references get a pass here as well. I'll try to remember any for Hispanics.

I believe "Religion of Piece" and various other Muslim references get a pass here as well. I'll try to remember any for Hispanics.

Religion of peace are you nuts. That goes to show how castrated the men are.
That's the term used after a terror attack. And people use it in place of anger. All they have are sarcastic comments. And it helps down play the situation.

People are afraid to voice anger towards certain groups. Especially on here. Look at all the sarcastic comments after a terror attack compared to a thread that calls for the death of certain groups when they commit a crime.

Religion of peace are you nuts. That goes to show how castrated the men are.
That's the term used after a terror attack. And people use it in place of anger. All they have are sarcastic comments. And it helps down play the situation.

People are afraid to voice anger towards certain groups. Especially on here. Look at all the sarcastic comments after a terror attack compared to a thread that calls for the death of certain groups when they commit a crime.

Listen you're the one crying about the use of terminology and claiming there are no parallels. Just because you approve of one usage (anger, sarcasm) and are offended by a different usage (mockery) doesn't mean that parallel isn't there.

dear God. 'redneck' doesn't define white folks. it means you're from the south. to put it simply:

up north? you're a "yankee", a city slicker

down south? you're a "redneck", a farmer

also, in the show 'Ozark' they mention this story, "the hillbilly & the redneck". which totally defeats the notion that 'redneck' is a racial slur against white folks.

Listen you're the one crying about the use of terminology and claiming there are no parallels. Just because you approve of one usage (anger, sarcasm) and are offended by a different usage (mockery) doesn't mean that parallel isn't there.

Where i am from red neck is used as a derogatory term.
You dumb recheck
You racist red neck.

You dumb religion of peace
You racist religion of peace

Where i am from red neck is used as a derogatory term.
You dumb recheck
You racist red neck.

You dumb religion of peace
You racist religion of peace

Yes, it can be used as a derogatory term. No one is disputing that.

The movie would have been banned if they used any other group.

You use redneck to describe a group of white people.
What slang word is accepted around here to describe Muslims or Latino?

Cholos.

Seems when its used as derogatory term its more acceptable compared to terms used for other races.
Espacially on here

Cholo.

McGregor called Diaz a cholo and that was in Sherdog's front page.

if you called a white person here in NY a redneck, they'd think you were a moron because it doesn't apply.

' redneck' implies you're classless more than anything.

Seems when its used as derogatory term its more acceptable compared to terms used for other races.
Espacially on here

Well, that's because it's not about race. As others have said - it's about a type of person engaged in a type of labor, more of a cultural appellation than a racial one. No different that when people break out the "urban youths" thing. Ostensibly not about race but can be used as a derogatory term and a euphemism for race.

Equally offensive, equally benign.

Well, that's because it's not about race. As others have said - it's about a type of person engaged in a type of labor, more of a cultural appellation than a racial one. No different that when people break out the "urban youths" thing. Ostensibly not about race but can be used as a derogatory term and a euphemism for race.

Equally offensive, equally benign.

There is a double standard. Some are off limits.

There is a double standard. Some are off limits.

And some aren't. You're reaching really hard with this one. You've been given plenty of examples of terms that are derogatory, race based and not off limits. You want to stand on this molehill and claim it's a mountain, go right ahead.

Back