Idea's for a strength and conditioning circuit

Squat and DL too mate. These movements help a ton for developing explosive power later.

What has.worked for me well is also weighted lunges as they work very well for balance. One leg DLs have been also recommended for the same purpose but I have not yet.imcorporated them in a program.

Yeah my deadlift is good too, weight lunges is something i should incoporate too. I did weight jump squats but not weight lunges.

100 burpees as fast as you can with a push-up at the bottom and a tuck jump at the top, rest, repeat, vomit

100 burpees as fast as you can with a push-up at the bottom and a tuck jump at the top, rest, repeat, vomit

lol i'll work up to that, i might be able to do at least 50 right now, my cardio is better now but it's a matter of endurance. i actually haven't done burpees since i left the gym in nyc.

lol i'll work up to that, i might be able to do at least 50 right now, my cardio is better now but it's a matter of endurance. i actually haven't done burpees since i left the gym in nyc.
Weapon

Have someone hold the mitts and do a punch out drill for 30secs. Then clinch and pummel for 30 seconds. Rinse and repeat.

Have someone hold the mitts and do a punch out drill for 30secs. Then clinch and pummel for 30 seconds. Rinse and repeat.

This for explosive strength and conditioning work, not for striking work and i don't have a parther all the time. Yes i will try that if i can get one of my aquaintances to do that if they're not busy.

Don't make this any more complicated than necessary. My high school wrestlers bench and front squat their bodyweight for at least 5 within 3 months, and they're far from "strong." It's all relative, but you need to just be consistent.

Full body training sessions 3x/week. Jump and throw medicine balls for power. Pick a push, a pull, and a lower body lift. Make every rep absolutely perfect with a full range of motion. 3-5 sets of each for 5-8 reps. Add 5 pounds as you can without sacrificing technique.

Run sprints, bike sprints, run up a hill, or whatever for 10-20 seconds. If you have a heart rate monitor, rest until it comes down to 130 or so, then repeat. Add 1 each week. If you don't have a HR monitor, rest until you can cover the same distance in the same amount of time. If you are slower on the next sprint, you need to rest longer.

Burpees and deck of cards and whatever is just something to get tired for the sake of getting tired. You'd get the same effect if someone chased you around with a stick. Get better, not just fatigued.

Remember, all S&C is super important but it's just GPP. Use your wrestling, muay thai, boxing, BJJ time to get better at your skills and your conditioning will naturally improve as well. No way to mimic it.

i thought everyone here hated circuits cause its just throwing a bunch of stuff together calling it a workout

Back