Ideal UFC Lightweight Plan?

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

If Tony Ferguson is going to be out for the remainder of this year - this would be ideal (imo).

Conor vs Khabib MSG in November.

Meanwhile:
We have Kevin Lee lurking, waiting for a fight.

We have Poirier vs Alvarez in July - Lee fights winner and it is scheduled on the MSG card.

Winner of Poirier/Alvarez vs Lee fights winner of Khabib vs Conor?

Thoughts?

For fux sake, some shaman undo the Cucuy vs Khabib Curse....PLEASE.

For fux sake, some shaman undo the Cucuy vs Khabib Curse....PLEASE.

Only if it happened at UFC 209. Both guys were coming off big wins, and looked great. With Tonys injury, who knows what he'll be like in his return.

Conor shouldn't get an immediate title shot. He hasn't earned it in any way.

Unfortunately, UFC would be stupid not to make this fight for financial reasons.

If Tony Ferguson is going to be out for the remainder of this year - this would be ideal (imo).

Meanwhile:

We have Poirier vs Alvarez in July - Lee fights winner and it is scheduled on the MSG card.

Thoughts?
McNuggets vs a grappler like Khabib can hardly be UFC´s LW ideal plan...unless they wanna lauch their brand in Russia more than keeping Mc...

McNuggets vs a grappler like Khabib can hardly be UFC´s LW ideal plan...unless they wanna lauch their brand in Russia more than keeping Mc...

Honestly I don't see Conor having much of a future in the UFC. So he'll probably fight Khabib and Diaz, then retire. So him losing against Khabib won't really mean much for the Diaz fight.

And the UFC is all about that cash, so they may as well do the biggest fight possible for his return.

If your plan comes to fruition, which I would have no objections to, I'd like to see Diaz return against Gaethje with the winner getting Ferguson in his comeback fight. The rumoured GSP vs. Diaz fight does nothing for me...

Meanwhile:

Thoughts?

simple khabib first defence is vs dustin vs eddie winner. kevin lee wins a fight that he makes weight for could be next and it a wait and see on tony cause he still not giving any undate on anything.

no need to talk about conor until his legal stuff is over. but than again no need to talk about anyone who retired any way.

same for nate diaz.

I love to see a Justin gathje vs khabib one day 2 maybe in 2019.

If your plan comes to fruition, which I would have no objections to, I'd like to see Diaz return against Gaethje with the winner getting Ferguson in his comeback fight. The rumoured GSP vs. Diaz fight does nothing for me...

after seeing how nate talked about the fake news about gsp show nate not coming back 2.

like it matter nate is so overrated 2 he was lucky with conor in the first place.

If Conor does fight, I think that he would prefer Khabib over Tony. I thought that part of the reason that he waited to come back, was to have Khabib knock Tony out of the picture. Conor has had issues with a tall/lanky/rangy fighter like Tony.

khabib.jpg

de350cce641da07e4fbd126d0261fb4c.png

khabub.png

hqdefault.jpg

If Conor does fight, I think that he would prefer Khabib over Tony. I thought that part of the reason that he waited to come back, was to have Khabib knock Tony out of the picture. Conor has had issues with a tall/lanky/rangy fighter like Tony.

khabib.jpg

de350cce641da07e4fbd126d0261fb4c.png

khabub.png

hqdefault.jpg
depends... one tall/lanky...

Cucuy is more hittable than Khabib.

Doesn't Conor wanna come back September?? But I guess that's out the window.

I do remember Khabib saying he wants to fight 3 times this year so maybe something's possible!

McGregor doesn't deserve an immediate title shot.

McGregor doesn't deserve an immediate title shot.

I agree but with tony being out, who else can get a title shot?? Kevin Lee got an impressive win but I think he needs to go through one more guy before getting a shot.

I agree but with tony being out, who else can get a title shot?? Kevin Lee got an impressive win but I think he needs to go through one more guy before getting a shot.
I would give it to Lee. McGregor can fight Iaquinta, Barboza or the winner of Poirier vs Alvarez.

Back