"id rather go out on my shield, then run in circles"

That was a pot shot at Condit. Lol that was like 2 years ago and Condit hasnt fought that way again since. lol Diaz is Melendez' homie.

Ummmm really that was toward Condit? Didn't Gil just lose to Benson Henderson who gets accused of similar tactics?
Diaz fans think about Condit 24/7. What the fuck else are they going to talk about? War MMA?

Shots fired at Carlos Condit rofl

You're not looking at the full picture here.

It was obviously Cesar Gracie Jiu-jitsu vs. Jackson's MMA.

Think about it.

No, fuck that. Game planning is the future. Going out on your shield, actually fighting, is so '90s.

I dont want to see fighters fight. I want to see athletes win.

Thats real mixed martial arts. Not this, "lets find out who the better man is" bullshit. :rolleyes:
says the guy always crying about "pugilistic dementia."

Benson gets accused of running in circles?

TBH I think he was speaking more generally (and a bit at Diego's coach) but Bendo would have been a more relevant person for Gil to be mentioning than Condit if he was directing that at someone in particular.

Fucking loved it. Solid statement and quote for the time.

Cheery on the top of the ice-cream...

TBH I think he was speaking more generally (and a bit at Diego's coach) but Bendo would have been a more relevant person for Gil to be mentioning than Condit if he was directing that at someone in particular.

True. This is probably just a case of yet another bonehead Diaz fan grasping at straws to hide the tears he still sheds from the Condit fight.

That fight is what Condit vs Diaz could have been...for 5 rounds.

Think about that a little bit.

And before Condit fans get mad I have no problem with how he fought, it is what it is.

If Condit fought Nick the way he fought Hendricks and Kampman that's the greatest fight of all time. And nobody can deny this

Great performance by Gilbert. I'm sure he could have cruised to an easier victory if he had game planned a safer strategy but he went for it and for that I thank him. I've always been a huge fan of Gilbert and I hope to see him get another crack at the title.

Pre or post WEC?
Makes no difference. Some of Condit's best fights are in the UFC. The Ellenberger and both the Kampmann fights are absolutely awesome.

That whole camp seems to have a problem understanding that it's not up to the opponent to fight the fight that you want him to.

Frankie "footwork" Edgar?

Back