ICE Arrests in Southern Cali

I hope they don't deport @Rod1 I'm sure internet connection is worse in Mexico so we would probably read his posts after a 24h delay
from my understanding, even SE asia is pretty darn high quality these days. Internet is no joke across the world, these countries cant get clean water right, but dont fuck with the internet <45>

Arnold gave free drivers licenses to illegals ! Travesty

Do you have limitations on your downloads (ie GB/month)?
I remember that your internet is pretty lame by western standards right? That and a social life after 5pm

You're well ahead of Australia then.

Yeah, we have the perks of being in North America, so its just a matter of throwing optic fiber over land and then connecting to the US network.

You guys are fucked because you need to throw optic fiber over a vast ocean to connect to the US which then connects you all around the world.

630px-Southern_Cross_Cable_route.svg.png

vs

imagen1.jpg

Im in the northwest between Los Mochis and Hermosillo, so im closer to LA than most Americans.

I remember that your internet is pretty lame by western standards right? That and a social life after 5pm

Yeah, our internet is "third world". Social activities depends on where you are, but there are no true 24hr cities in Australia.

Is Australia still western? i thought it was overrun by the Chinese at this point.

j/k.

Yeah, we have the perks of being in North America, so its just a matter of throwing optic fiber over land and then connecting to the US network.

You guys are fucked because you need to throw optic fiber over a vast ocean to connect to the US which then connects you all around the world.

Im in the northwest between Los Mochis and Hermosillo, so im closer to LA than most Americans.

The tyranny of distance shapes a lot of things here.

I don't think this will effect illegal immigration substantially, but it sure doesn't hurt to get this many lawbreakers out of our country who aren't even paying into it.
Did they only arrest criminals? It would probably hurt us if we got rid of all illegal workers

Yeah, the tyranny of distance shapes a lot of things here.

Too bad about communism in Asia, i wonder how advanced your region would be if China hadnt loss like 50 years of development.

Is Australia still western? i thought it was overrun by the Chinese at this point.

j/k.
I got the impression I was in pakistan where I was at. Of course at the opera house, there was a lot of chinese.... A LOT, as well as wealthy white australians. It's a beautiful country, and nature wise, a clear notch above america, however the living experience was the worst I've ever had. At night, I want to go to a nice dinner, hang out and get some drinks and dessert..... that was not happening. The streets are dark AF, barely any street lights, which makes it tougher to drive and scary to walk around. Not a place I'de like to visit again, however I do know that australians love visiting the USA and for good reason. Going to Target to get some stuff for home..... dont ever underestimate how convenient that is <DrakeLaugh>

Too bad about communism in Asia, i wonder how advanced your region would be if China hadnt loss like 50 years of development.

Hard to say. It's not likely that their recent pace of development would have happened without their political course taking the path it has. Their focus on improving health and education first wasn't the typical Western model of development either.

Hard to say. It's not likely that their recent pace of development would have happened without their political course taking the path it has. Their focus on improving health and education first wasn't the typical Western model of development either.

I think Mao set back the entire world for decades.

I mean they had a massive famine in the effing 60s, that certainly leaves a big scar on a nation.

I think Mao set back the entire world for decades.

I mean they had a massive famine in the effing 60s, that certainly leaves a big scar on a nation.

That's true, but I can't see them having industrialised in a handful of decades without their current political system and social evolution. At least there aren't any historical examples to draw on.

Detective work.

I doubt they are just fishing random people off the street, that would be dumb as fuck, so probably they go after people with convictions for other crimes or misdemeanors.
I was referring to one poster saying he sees illegals all the time hanging out. I can't tell by looking.

I was referring to one poster saying he sees illegals all the time hanging out. I can't tell by looking.

Well, despite what posters will tell you here, most BCs speak english, so if you see a bunch of poor looking guys speaking spanish chances are they are illegal.

That's true, but I can't see them having industrialised in a handful of decades without their current political system and social evolution. At least there aren't any historical examples to draw on.

Taiwan? Singapore? Hong Kong? Korea? Japan?

Taiwan? Singapore? Hong Kong? Korea? Japan?

Vastly different.
Taiwan, Singapore and Hong Kong's entrepot models can't be applied to a nation of China's geography and scope.
China actually tried to franchise the Lee Kuan Yew "Singapore Model" without much success.

Japan's industrialisation was a much longer process.

Korea could potentially provide a model (at least in terms of speed), but it's hard to see Chinese replacements for the role which Japanese property settlements and US dependence played in their economic development.
Not in nature, and certainly not in scale.

It's easier to imagine the slower, piecemeal development we see in India. They would likely still have had their well developed "special economic zones", and the rest of the country would continue in even worse rural poverty.

any home depot in socal, flooded with illegals. Work in construction, and you may find out hardly any legal, at least in los angeles. Employed legal mexicans are much different, I did work with those companies in my younger years, generally much better english, and much more likely to be in the local gang

Back