Icarus: Netflix doc on Russia state-sponsored doping program. Must see.

Life aint fair kids.

Thats what you should take away from this doc

I've watched this,and its an eye opening watch and its made me look at sports with a much more critical eye.

I cringed at injecting steroids just beneath the skin and not into the muscle.
Why? It seemed the american guy had a reason to do it. Could you explain?

Thanks for the rec. I will definitely be checking this out.

I remember JTS spent an entire podcast raving about it. I started to watch it but, eh, somewhow felt like I'd seen it all before.
Still have it on my computhah though.

I have this on my list to watch. It sounds interesting.

Americans cheat a lot. This doc shows that Russians cheat more and better than everyone. There's levels to this.

If you get caught or exposed, you are not that good. The best cheaters don't get caught. That's why I say Americans are the best at it.

I am watching this right now. I thought it would be an expose on doping treating Russian Athletes like Alexander Karelin and Maria Sharapova as case studies but it's this bromance drama about these two miscreants.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Hmmm I think this Russian Dr dude agreed to do all this because he knew the Russian lab was going way too hard and realized this cali boy could be his way out.

Probably the most entertaining documentary I've seen in a while.

It starts with an amateur bike racer trying to see how feasible it is to dope and fool the testing system, then it becomes something far, far bigger.

If youve seen the Alex Gibney Snowden documentary, this is very similar. Gripping stuff.

It's true that everyone cheats, but no one cheats quite like Russia.

They should’ve tried their hand at the Tour de France then

Back