IBJJF Points Question

TheMood

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I have a question about how something will be scored at an IBJJF competition. If you have a triangle locked up from bottom guard and then end up in a mounted triangle position how many points do you get and when?

I have heard that you will not get sweep points unless you release the mounted triangle and stay on top. Is this true or will you get sweep points while maintaining the mounted triangle?

I have a question about how something will be scored at an IBJJF competition. If you have a triangle locked up from bottom guard and then end up in a mounted triangle position how many points do you get and when?

I have heard that you will not get sweep points unless you release the mounted triangle and stay on top. Is this true or will you get sweep points while maintaining the mounted triangle?

I text Draculino your question, and added this...

"For example, you put them in a triangle and sweep them...and you have a mounted triangle for like 10 seconds, and then you roll back over to guard and he escapes. Would you have got those 2 points still?"

And he said "Yes. Almost sure".

Should get sweep points once you let go of the triangle, but not mount point. To get mount points you will have to get your knee below their shoulder (you can have a hand trapped, but you can't be up on the shoulder.

If you get the sweep to mount, and they roll you back over you will only get the advantage for the triangle after you release.

That's how I understand it.

You do not get points for change of position while a submission is locked on.

Only after the submission was defended.

Should get sweep points once you let go of the triangle, but not mount point. To get mount points you will have to get your knee below their shoulder (you can have a hand trapped, but you can't be up on the shoulder.

If you get the sweep to mount, and they roll you back over you will only get the advantage for the triangle after you release.

This is the correct answer.

Back