IBJJF Penalty Bull Sh*t ...now can't register for Worlds

Sorry for the off topic question but I've been really curious about this.

Are grappling tights/BJJ spats IBJJF legal in gi tournaments?

"Board shorts primarily black with up to 30% of their rank color (belt), with no pockets or with pockets entirely stitched
shut, and reaching at least halfway down the thigh and at most to the knee."

"Men are permitted the use of shorts or trunks of elastic fabric (clings to body), so long as they are worn under the
regulation shorts."

My guess is that they can't come past the knee, not sure on that though.

"Board shorts primarily black with up to 30% of their rank color (belt), with no pockets or with pockets entirely stitched
shut, and reaching at least halfway down the thigh and at most to the knee."

"Men are permitted the use of shorts or trunks of elastic fabric (clings to body), so long as they are worn under the
regulation shorts."

My guess is that they can't come past the knee, not sure on that though.

But can you wear grappling tights underneath the gi?

Thank you for the information above, by the way.

At this point we need to consider that he believes the crap he spews. He would be driving his booted car like in the Simpsons the whole while feeling superior in his defiance.

Hahaha I love that episode.

Good for the Sport -E

"Wearing pants of any kind under gi pants is
prohibited."

POOPOO!!! :-(

Thank you, bro. The help was much appreciated!

Looks like I have to suck up and prevent getting torreanda-ed. Because my leg hairs are so long my training partners usually rip a good chunk of my leg hair when grabbing the gi pants.

Looks like I have to suck up and prevent getting torreanda-ed. Because my leg hairs are so long my training partners usually rip a good chunk of my leg hair when grabbing the gi pants.

Geezus. Have you considered tactical body shaving a la Andrei Arlovski?

Does Hillary Williams still post here? She might shed some light

Now this is my questions...is the "warm-up" area considered the competition area? This rule still isn't spelled out to well in my opinion. When I think competition area I think the main open area where the mats are.

The practice scales are outside of the competition area and in the warm-up area.

Is there anywhere in the rulebook stating exactly what is considered the competition area?

"The competition area shall be composed of one or more match areas, score tables, a warm-up area, a
weigh-in area, a center table, and an awards area."

the mats you compete on are called the "Match Area", the scores are at the "Score-Keeping tables" and the Warm-Up area" are all included in the "Competition Area"

although, under "1.4 Warm-Up Area" it says that "1.4.1 A cordoned-off area adjacent to the competition area, exclusively for athlete use"

Now this is my questions...is the "warm-up" area considered the competition area? This rule still isn't spelled out to well in my opinion. When I think competition area I think the main open area where the mats are.

The practice scales are outside of the competition area and in the warm-up area.

Is there anywhere in the rulebook stating exactly what is considered the competition area?
This guy can crack the case:

Hutz2.jpg

so, did you pay the fine?

if not, why are you complaining about not being able to access their services? clearly you don't care about their regulations. when i went to worlds, i was told i wasn't allowed to bring water into the competition area. was my solution to this to bitch about it on sherdog? no. i set it outside the competition area.

if you get a parking ticket, when you go to renew your license, guess what -- you can't, until you pay the parking ticket. if you get fined by the ibjjf, and want to compete in one of their later events, pay the fine. it's not rocket appliances.

See this is where your logic falls apart. Unless you did something beyond wrong like park in a travel lane, should you get a parking ticket when there is no sign saying that parking in that spot is illegal under a certain set of conditions, you can contest the ticket in court and you will win.

If there is no signs and the rule isn't written down, it cannot be enforced.

IBJJF: Hey motherfucker, get your shoes one, put on your gi, and get that water bottle out of the mat area!!

Me: What about these PEDs?

IBJJF: Naw, they's cool!

Was the lady a police officer?

If not, why would you comply with her demands?

Should have told he no, and walked away.

IBJJF: Hey motherfucker, get your shoes one, put on your gi, and get that water bottle out of the mat area!!

Me: What about these PEDs?

IBJJF: Naw, they's cool!

Take your own shirt off: $70 penalty

Take someone else's shirt off against her will: "Welcome back, Mr. Irvin."

Back