IBF: Mikey Garcia has next week to decide: Fight The Beast or Vacate

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lipinetz hits hard, but he aint The Beast.

Baranchyk hits way to hard for Mikey and Mikey shouldnt take that fight

On Monday, the IBF gave Garcia a deadline of March 22 to make a decision on their world title.

If he plans to keep the IBF belt, the sanctioning body has already advised him that he needs to make mandatory defense against Ivan Baranchyk (18-0, 11 KOs), who won an eliminator last Friday with TKO win over late replacement Petr Petrov in Deadwood, South Dakota.

Garcia, upon making a decision to remain as IBF champ, would have 30 days to reach an agreement with Baranchyk before a purse bid is called.

At lightweight, Garcia also has a mandatory order hanging over his head.

The WBC ordered Garcia to fight Jorge Linares (44-3, 27 KOs), who also has the WBA's version of the world title.

But Linares is in serious talks to defense his belt against Vasyl Lomachenko (10-1, 8 KOs) on May 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York.

Another option for Garcia would be a unification with IBF champion Robert Easter (21-0, 14 KOs), who is also very interested in that match.

Easter would need to apply for an exception to get that fight, as he was ordered on Monday to make a mandatory defense against Richard Commey, who last Saturday - as part of the Garcia-Lipinets card - knocked out Alejandro Luna in a final eliminator. Easter defeated Commey in a highly competitive fight two years ago to capture the IBF belt.
https://www.boxingscene.com/mikey-g...-126158?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Baranchyk hasnt beat anyone that serves as an indicator as to how he'd perform against Garcia.

I don't think that fight would be too much of a risk for Garcia.

If Garcia can still make 135, he should stay at that weight IMO. I'm a little less impressed with him over 135.

Baranchyk hasnt beat anyone that serves as an indicator as to how he'd perform against Garcia.

I don't think that fight would be too much of a risk for Garcia.
This.

Mikey kills Baranchyk, and I have been on Ivan’s cheer squad since he first came around the US scene. Too slow, wayyyy too wild. He’s also not Iron chinned, and he’d need to be.

No pretense of defence as the saying goes.

Seems a waste of a fight and a typical hoe move by the IBF

Ideally I'd like to see Mikey drop back to Lightweight fight Easter then fight Loma to unify most of the division (obviously Beltran isn't about that life)

Somehow most of these things won't happen because I can't have anything nice.

This is the shit I like to see. Make the champ fight an up and coming undefeated kid who deserves a shot or the belt is stripped. No holding out for years by fighting bum ass mandatory opponents like BJS does.

Can the beast win against Mikey? It is possible because he fights balls out but highly unlikely. It would still be a great fight for The Beast and even in a lopsided loss he would learn a lot and be a much better fighter going forward. Kids like him who bust up decent opponents on small tv cards need shots like this at real belts because that is what makes boxing exciting. Not a handful of guys all avoiding one another while clutching their belts like rich women in poor neighborhoods.

We need these underdog type of fighters to get shots at belts. Not just guys like GGG/Canelo fighting once a year or Jacobs/BJS fighting one joke ass bum after another waiting for another lotto ticket fight.

Take it, win, keep the strap. Mikey should make this fight.

This is the shit I like to see. Make the champ fight an up and coming undefeated kid who deserves a shot or the belt is stripped. No holding out for years by fighting bum ass mandatory opponents like BJS does.

Can the beast win against Mikey? It is possible because he fights balls out but highly unlikely. It would still be a great fight for The Beast and even in a lopsided loss he would learn a lot and be a much better fighter going forward. Kids like him who bust up decent opponents on small tv cards need shots like this at real belts because that is what makes boxing exciting. Not a handful of guys all avoiding one another while clutching their belts like rich women in poor neighborhoods.

We need these underdog type of fighters to get shots at belts. Not just guys like GGG/Canelo fighting once a year or Jacobs/BJS fighting one joke ass bum after another waiting for another lotto ticket fight.

Legit lol at that depiction, spot on!

Mikey dodged a bullet never fighting Mason Menard. Baranchyk is no Menard but I don't see how Garcia doesn't end up comatose here.

lol at the guy who has one stoppage in his last five fights against opposition clearly below the world level just hits way too hard for Mikey Garcia. Vintage Queen B.

I'm not necessarily against the pick a weight class approach that the IBF has going here. I think Garcia is better suited for 135, but there is a pretty good chance that he is the best at 140 for the time being (I don't really consider Baranchyk to be a considerable threat). It'll be interesting to see what he does.

This dude has the worst possible style to beat Mikey lol.

By the way Queen B, your threads smell like your breath.

Back