Iaquinta: 'Dana is out of line'

Titleboxe

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
"I love this sport and Dana — I don't know if he loves this anymore. I think he's just addicted to the spotlight and making it all about him." Iaquinta said.

"I signed a contract under the assumption we are weighing in in the morning, so we are. There will be no afternoon weigh-in, 100 percent."

"Dana is out of line, and this is the last straw, they've never seen anyone like me. I will do everything in my power to make sure this is done the right way. We are weighing in in the morning."

"The fighters have gotten a taste of what it feels like to get a full, almost 36 hours of time to rehydrate. I've reached out to more than enough people to know that if he moves that, it will the last straw that does him in."

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/23831368/dana-white-line

I sorta question Iaquinta intelligence level tbh

1. No one gives a shit about him
2. He got a title shot that he did not even come close to deserving
3. He has gotten quite a bit of opportunities from the UFC

Hey, I'm all for bashing the UFC, but my god, what a scrub this guy is

Lol. This is the last straw huh? What is he gonna do? Keep bitching like a 3 year old?

He is talking like the head of a union

I agree in essence though, Dana White shouldn’t be able to run the ufc like a dictator controlling a totalitarian government, operating on the whim of his own emotions.

He’s crossed the line too many times throughout the years. I’m surprised he is still here.

I feel like Iaquinta is fussing too much over the switch back to afternoon weigh-ins. Because, not that my opinion matters, but as a viewer, I prefer when the afternoon weigh-in show actually means something, versus the early morning weigh-ins than the glorified strip show.

Who does he think he is? I like Al, but he is talking like he has power.

When Dana tells you to jump you ask how high? Got that, you goof?

giphy.gif

Who does he think he is? I like Al, but he is talking like he has power.
The thing is that if he's signed a contract saying weigh-ins will be at a particular point then the UFC should honour it.

The thing is that if he's signed a contract saying weigh-ins will be at a particular point then the UFC should honour it.

He didn't though
He even admits it was "under the assumption"

Al doesn't realize it is his fellow fighters that he should be mad at, not Dana or UFC in this instance.
They tried something & the fighters as a collective shit all over it by missing weight more than before.

there is enough to blame Dana & UFC for, this is on the fighters.

"I love this sport and Dana — I don't know if he loves this anymore. I think he's just addicted to the spotlight and making it all about him." Iaquinta said.

Lol at dana not loving the sport "anymore"

Dana ever hated the SPORT, dude love $$$

Fair enough, he needs to shush up and stay in his lane then.

Hey, he has a right to voice.
It is just silly to make this a cause & think DW can get ousted over it.

The change back is 100% on the fighters, not UFC.

Bitch about fighter pay, Al will win there

Would be great if Al had real backing on this issue and every fighter on the event turns up to the event to weigh in early and refuses the later time slot, they would have to buckle to the fighters or scrap the card.

But MMA fighters have never really shown that level of unity so it's very unlikely.

Pretty straight forward really; if the contract made any mention of early weigh ins then he has a case, but it sounds like he assumed it would be early weigh ins so too bad for him.

Back