Ians MT and PL log-2

Ian you PM box is full so I'll just have to ask you here:

I seem to remember you saying you knew of a good supplier for cheap ZMA for the UK, I'm running out and need to order some more so if you could let me know that would be great.

Thanks,

Jack

Unfortunately mate, the UK sucks for cheap ZMA.
Tis why I order stuff in from the US (I've taken to buying in 6 months in advance with zma, multi and fish oil).

I would have tacked on a few more to my last shipment (I ordered stuff sat just gone) and sent them off to you, but the timing like all things is off.
How long you got to go?

Also...Jack....your name is jack?

*slaps face in surprise ala home alone*
home%20alone.jpg

23/10/06

Cardio
45 min on eliptical, started at 13, dropped to 12 for a bit by 25min, then went up and down from 13 to 12. Was fucking ill with flu from like wednesday, hence I didn't train from last tuesday and fucking hell my heart will actually aching during the eliptical crap.
Good job my foot's fucked at the mo, or I'd be trying to run out in the cold with weak lungs.

20 min cycle to cool off (after reading berardi's article on LA removal)

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.

How das ankle?

- Alfonse

24/10/06

PL

OHP
8@40
[email protected]
5@60
[email protected]
5@65
4@70-last fucker was more of a PP because my arms were shagged
Tried to OHP 77.5, nope. Tried to PP it, nope
Tried to PP 75, nope, again with 72.5-nope and even fucking 70, once again, nope. Arms were fucked annoyingly enough.
I may have to add in some Dips and do PP for a while, since getting it off my chest it easy, its about mid way to lock out I have the problem

BOR
8@60
6@80
6@90
[email protected], did 4, had to reset grip and finished

FTC (low to high)
[email protected]
12@25
[email protected]
12@30
I need to get a move on with these

Side bends
15@20
15@24
15@30-grip is better, didn't have to reset, although my forearms were fucking killing me
I'm thinking, since I can do 15 with the heaviest DB at the shitty gym, I'm going to take a chain next time, put it through some plates and used that insead. I will be tough on th grip as well, which is a bonus, plus I can load up on it and do some lower reps, 15 is too many as part of the main work out.

Complexes
40kg, 7 reps,
BOR
SLDL
OHP (missed out cleans because of grip)
Squat
GM
Lunge

1 min 30 rest, bumped weight up to 45 and did for 3 more sets.
I might have to play about with this, since i got done in around 1 min 30, so at the moment I'm at 1:1 work:rest, which is not good. My grip is the thing I fail on, so for a while I might drop weight and go for the 3 min then lower the rest to 30 s, then bump up the weight and start over again

10 min cycle to cool off

bacon said:
I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.

How das ankle?

- Alfonse

yeah, its better thanks mate

I'm now throughout the day standing on 1 foot, eyes closed making circles with my hands-it was suggested as part of the rehab. Technically I should rest it completely, but i can't be doing that.
As it is 3 'invites' for me to fight have come up in the last week, and last week I had to turn down a rematch with someone (who i beat unanimous) from last year for a british title in 6 weeks. I probably won't be kicking by then, I'm taking it extra careful now

So I need this fucker healed and not a weak point basically asap

-Bobby Boucher

Ian Coe said:
Unfortunately mate, the UK sucks for cheap ZMA.
Tis why I order stuff in from the US (I've taken to buying in 6 months in advance with zma, multi and fish oil).

I would have tacked on a few more to my last shipment (I ordered stuff sat just gone) and sent them off to you, but the timing like all things is off.
How long you got to go?

Also...Jack....your name is jack?

*slaps face in surprise ala home alone*
home%20alone.jpg
Okay then which supplier do you use from the states? I've been itching to give spike a go, might get some as well, actually better check its legal over here first.

Actually my name's John, everybody just calls me Jack, I still don't know why.
I'm now throughout the day standing on 1 foot, eyes closed making circles with my hands
Rehab.... right, have your coworkers been looking at you oddly, well more oddly than usual?

I always use 1fast400.com mate, always good shipping and fast (even the cheaper option usually gets to me in 3-5 days, the fed ex is like 2-3, and thats the economy).

Yeah, even more oddly then usual :redface:

26/10/06

MT-all kicking due to ankle
6 2 min round bursts with 2 others to warm up
3 rounds holding bag
3 rounds on the bag
3 rounds holding pads
3 rounds on hand mitts

Something like a hour sparring, jumping in and out. Doing just boxing

27/10/06

PL

DL
8@60
5@100
5@110
5@120
3@130

Rack pulls
1@120
1@130
1@140
1@150
1@155
1@160
failed to lift 160

Sumo DL
6@100
6@110
6@120
5@130-hand was pretty ripped up, so this was all really left hand down, right hand up staggered grip (left callous ripped open during last few rack lifts)

PP
just testing
4@40
2@55
4@55
2@60
2@60-wasn't as explosive as it should have been, so racked it then (well, someone squatting, so i was cleaning it for all of these)

20 min cycle to flush lactic
streched

30/10/06

MT

4 rounds shadow boxing
Varioius stuff
Held pads for 3 rounds
Boxed on pads for 3 rounds
Technique and evasion work

31/10/06

Half serving of accelerade, 40ish g carb and about 30g vanilla whey, all in 1 litre bottle

PL

OHP
8@40
[email protected]
5@60
[email protected]
5@65
[email protected] strained to do rep 4, had to fucking use some bend in the legs for 5 and 6 (but not enough for it to be a proper PP, half way)

PP 75 for a double, the last rep was a struggle
PP for 77.5, again, major struggle locking out. Too much leaning back for me to be happy with
Tried to PP 80, but couldn't lock out. Triceps were basically fucked

BOR
8@60
6@95
6@100-reset grip once
[email protected]
[email protected]

FCT
8@15
[email protected]
8@30
8@35-about time I managed fucking 35 for more then 3. Theres a lot of leaning iaway from the weight because of the load pulling me to one side

Side bend
15@16
15@24
15@30

I need to invest in a chain to load up plates for these. Far too many reps now.

5 min eliptical because some one was doing like 1/8 squats in the rack with about 30kg on. I can't for the life of me work out what he tries to accomplish, oh yes, being doing it a while.

Complexes

BOR
SLDL
Hang clean (but only the first time around for each set, I tried to do more, but grip after each set was la fucked
OHP
Squat
GM
Lunge

Did this twice through and a bit (to occupy 3 min)
1 min off as rest
Used 30kg, and even then my grip was fucked by set 3. I wanted to do 4-5 sets, but I just couldn't hold onto the bar anymore (and I was the last person in there, with like 4 minutes till they shut)
Quick stretch

1/11/06

MT
Late start

4 rounds shadow boxing, usual break down. 20 press ups, 20 knees to chest at the end of each round.
Used the bags, but did 1,2 instead of kicking.
So 10 left right, 10 right left
Next bag same but 12
then 14
then 1 2, left hook, right straigh, both sides for 10

Held for 2 rounds while people did single double triple.
Mine was straight punches, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 and technique for 3 times (jab right body hook one).
Break was the parry jab right hand, left hook, parry inside right hand technique (7 shots, 3 parrys).
Held for 4 rounds
Was taken on hand pads for 4 rounds.
After the 3 min round, 50 straight punches

Held for 1 round
Was taken by someone less experienced for 1 round, doing boxing and chasing (set technique).

Shoulders, upper back and lats are pretty sore now

2/11/06

MT-hitchin
Warm up on bags, 3 rounds though

Took someone whos fighting soon on the pads for....it was many many rounds (12 2 min maybem 6 of just hands, 3 with low kick shield, 3 with thai pads)
Taken for 6 2 min rounds, 30 s rest boxing
Some strength work

3/11/06

PL
5 min row warm up

DL
8@60
5@100
[email protected]
3@@135

Rack pulls (off step up blocks)
2@120
1@135
1@145
1@155
Failed on 165, right hand peeled off abot half way up
[email protected] as locked out as I would have liked, but right hand again
[email protected] better, but still not fully locked out. Hips maybe 4 more inches extention

Sumo DL
6@100
6@115
[email protected]
6@135
4@140-just testing for next week- each rep was put down on the ground, alternated grip and re lifted

Its always the left hand that starts bleeding going into the last sets of the rack pulls. I had to re adjust my grip every 3 pulls on teh sumo, basically to dance about because I was pulling with a callous ripped open and with a staggered grip the left hand was facing up..
Blood blister on the right, but by the end the blood was pushed out.

PP
8@40-warm up
3@55
3@60
3@60
4@60

Trying to explode up and lock it out without any use of arms. There was some tricep input, but barely any. Felt nice and smooth, but I may be dipping too far. Will have to see

18 min of cycling to flush out lactic

Just eaten 3 eggs and 3 sausages mixed in before bed. Tasty

4/11/06

MT
Just took ol on the pads and worked on elbows with him

5/11/06

am

MT
3 rounds boxing on the bag-warm up but lots of movement. 3 min rounds with 30s rest

held for 3 rounds
Something like 8 3 min rounds, 30s break on the pads boxing (still injured, but its getting better)
Took darren for 3 rounds ala thai style

pm

Cardio
45 min on elliptical at level 12. Forgot until last 10 min that i usually limit air intake. DOH
10 min cycle

Weighted sit ups
15@bw
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Weighted russian twist
10@bw
10@10 for 3 sets

Went home

6/11/06

PL-due to taking classes tues and thur, have to get lifting in this monday

Row-5 min
5 min walk because some fun boy doing shitty squats, but atleast he was in the rack

OHP
8@40
10@just bar
5@60
[email protected]
5@65
[email protected] last rep was really a PP, god damn it
6@70- 1 and 2 went fine, 3 was a struggle, but thought what the fuck so got up to 6 reps with PP making up the last 3. Time under bar and all that

1@75
[email protected] flew up
1@80-pretty easy, last inch of lock up was the major problem
[email protected] same as above, but not that bad, transition nicely from legs to arms
I attempted 1@85, but missed lock out, tried again and got closer, but again, lock out didn't happen
Tried after a min rest, but shoulders were having none of it

BO row
8@60
5@80
3@90
3@100
2@105
2@110, with last having to reset grip
1@115, grip was going and the rep was to be honest a partial

I was thinking about doings some weighted dips, but didn't want to piss about so

High pulls-thought I'd try some stuff to assist my dl

8@40-technique
4@50
4@60-fucking flew up to above neck
4@70-again flew up
2@80- got it up there, but didn't fly as much
1@90-again, and it didn't really get that far above the pecs, but still, first time out, not that bad.
Got nice transition from the legs

15 min cycle to cool off and flush lactic

60g carb and 35g protein and 5g bcaa doing me well i think

7/11/06

MT
Took the class, so didn't really count as training, more active recovery.
Did 6 rounds boxing on the bag (2 min round, 30s rest) as warm up and thats all I did

8/11/06

off-had a first aid test thing on the 9th, so fucking studying and relaxing

Back