Ian Mccall Cut. What do you think? *Pics and Vids

Damn McCall is so unlucky. He could have been the UFC champ, now he’s getting beat by ropes.

Posted in another topic but...

I think we can eliminate a lot of the theories.

We can conclusively determine it wasn't caused by the forearm/elbow from before the ropes, because the cut wasin't there after they occurred.
giphy.gif

We can conclusively determine it wasin't caused by the knee, because it never hit that area.
giphy.gif

View attachment 320207

We can conclusively determine it wasn't caused by the headbutt, because the cut shows open before it occurs.
giphy.gif

And while we can't see the ropes physically cutting the skin, we can see McCall's head rubbing straight across the ropes at the exact point and trajectory the cut occurred.

giphy.gif
Top notch investigation

yeah, that's not what i see. i see the knee landing above the eyebrow, like in this frame of one of the gifs:
15hob5w.jpg

the knee has already landed at that point, but it was behind mccall's arm at that point so you can't really see it, but although mccall's head has already been brought up by the knee it looks the contact was above the eyebrow to me. the still image under the gif in post 3 looks like it's from well after the knee connected and mccall's head has come up higher, and turned to the right (back... and to the left...).

this gif from the ref cam also looks like the knee lands above the eyebrow to me:
2ljtduq.gif

in one of the replays it even looks to me like when mccall's face drags along the rope it's contacting the rope under the eyebrow:
261koee.gif

you can see his elbow pulling the rope toward him, and when his face hits it and his head bends back (... and to the left...) it looks like his face is hitting the rope below the eyebrow to me. but maybe with the way his face is turning it's above the eyebrow, i don't know.

this shouldn't be the new zapruder film, and ultimately it doesn't deserve this level of scrutiny, but i'm seeing the knee land above the eyebrow. i understand that i'm in the minority though.

Nice post! I'm with you, man.

Back