"I would love to avenge my loss against Shogun !" - Rampage

Rampage cant make weight nowadays, he looks out of shape and lazy

"I would love to (avenge) my loss against ‘Shogun’ because that’s one loss that don’t sit well with me for personal reasons,” Jackson said. “I love ‘Shogun’ as a person, we get along great, but as a fighter I never should have taken that fight with my injury. I regret not backing out of that fight, I do. I was dumb back then. I was making cash money and I was just blowing through it, and I was living fight to fight. It was that street life."

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/...c-contract-situation-would-like-to-try-boxing

I would love to see this rematch. The first was one of the most brutal, one sided, beat downs in MMA history.
i let my computer translate this in audio voice rather than read it. Quite entertaining

Wholly revisionist thinking batman.

Friken shogun fans--can't give two drops of credit to anyone he faces. Ever.

Agreed. It's tough to give credit when we see what an inshape Shogun can do to Forrest. All inside 1 round.

I'd be excited for it. Rampage is slow and inactive, but still very tough while Shogun is stringing together wins. It's really too bad about the recent knee injury to Shogun; it's hard to imagine that doesn't spell retirement at this point.

Keyword is HEALTHY

Rampage was in horrible condition for that fight.

Shogun wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes with a healthy Rampage.

Come on man im a fan of both but a prime shogun is a terrible match up for quinton. The whole chute boxe team had the blue print on how to beat him.

Suuure, now that Shogun has only one knee.

As an oldskool/Pride fan would love to see this rematch

And this is the 1st fight from ref cam which looks amazing

So beautiful to watch. For the life of me I don't understand why the UFC doesn't have ref cams. So many great views and you can see why the ref may stop the fight from his perspective

"I would love to (avenge) my loss against ‘Shogun’ because that’s one loss that don’t sit well with me for personal reasons,” Jackson said. “I love ‘Shogun’ as a person, we get along great, but as a fighter I never should have taken that fight with my injury. I regret not backing out of that fight, I do. I was dumb back then. I was making cash money and I was just blowing through it, and I was living fight to fight. It was that street life."

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/...c-contract-situation-would-like-to-try-boxing

I would love to see this rematch. The first was one of the most brutal, one sided, beat downs in MMA history.
What injury? The broken rib? The broken rib that Shogun gave him? Oh yeah, he woulda won his fight against Shogun if only Shogun didn't break his rib and if only Shogun didn't beat the piss out of him. Other than that he pretty much had the fight won

Keyword is HEALTHY

Rampage was in horrible condition for that fight.

Shogun wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes with a healthy Rampage.

I'v never seen much evidence of his "horrible" condition, Shogun broke him ribs in the fight I believe but theres no way someone would go ahead with that injury before a fight so I call "excuse" here which Rampage tends to make a lot of.

Honestly its the same problem Rampage always had vs Chute Boxe, when he gets hurt he gets overly defensive which is a very bad thing against them. Shogun him with a punch earkly, Jackson started to back off and got a progressively worse beating.

Honestly I think Jackson should be very thankful he didn't rematch SHogun around 09-10, his legs likely would have ended up even more messed up than they are after a few dozen lowkicks.

Prime Shogun absolutely blew threw him like a hurricane.

How does Rampage beat him? I get hes saying he came in injured but it wasn't even competitive and that was prime Rampage after he'd KOd Chuck and powerbombed Arona.

uj1493y.gif
Shogun hurt Rampage's rib early and proceeded to beat the shit out of him.
That fight was both Shogun's coming out party and a good example of how shitty corner men can be. I believe Rampage left Oyama after that fight.

To be fair that match does also show you how tough Rampage was, very few guys could last that long with 2005 Shogun going kill crazy at them.

Why the hell would you want to see a rematch now?
no thanks

Prime Shogun is my GOAT fav fighter... man, watching that Shogun/Rampage fight (especially via ref cam) brought back the feels.

"Even Ninja beat him"

... lol
It's true, Jackson got the split decision, then in the post fight interview said himself he didn't know how the judges gave it to him and that Ninja won.

He did the same after he "beat" Machida. Gotta give it to Quinton, at least he was honest about his losses.

Back