I would have respect GSP so much more for losing at MW

Why would a fan not want to see a great fighter fight at his best?

If his best isn't at 185, it's not at 185. No amount of bitching can change that.

There is no stunt and no one is getting fucked over so long as he vacates and doesn't hold up the division.

I don't agree with fighters cherry picking their opponents. Especially when it fucks with the title picture of a division.

It's a pussy move.

I don't agree with fighters cherry picking their opponents. Especially when it fucks with the title picture of a division.

It's a pussy move.

It won't fuck with the title picture of the division if he vacates/is stripped.

besides, how would you value Bisping as more of a champion than Whittaker if you don't agree with fighters cherry picking their opponents? Everyone knew Bisping was a fraud champion and that the real title picture was following Whittaker anyway

GSP vs Luke for his retirement fight.

GSP finally made a comeback and after 4 fucking years and people bitch. He decided to move up and try a higher weight and people still bitch. Had he not tried a higher weight class people would bitch. He won the fight in a manner in which no one expected and people bitch. Had he lost people would bitch. If he doesn't fight Whitaker people will bitch. If he fighter Whitaker people will bitch. If he fights Whitaker and loses people will bitch. If he fights Whitaker and wins people will bitch. If he moves down and fights Woodly people are gonna bitch. If he wins people will bitch. if he loses people will bitch. If he wins and decides to fight Conor people are gonna bitch. If he decides not to fight Conor people will say he is ducking Conor and then they will bitch. It never ever fucking ends its fucking ridiculous and sad and im a retard for even caring lol. AHHHHHHHHHH o_O

What's convoluted about him developing colitis due to him bulking up and gaining weight? Understand colitis before you speak and the consequences that could happen to him should he continue bulking up to a weight he clearly can't maintain. This isn't some flu that he caught that can be cured by taking a pill. This is a lifelong thing he's going to have to deal with and the choices he makes now will be with him for the rest of his life. GSP did this as a challenge and I'm sure he didn't expect to walk away with colitis. He's smart for not fucking with his health at this point in his life. If you can't see that then you clearly don't respect him enough to call yourself a fan.

Oh boo hoo.

Send him a get well card...

Why can’t GSP enjoy the belt for a year before making a decision? What’s the rush?

He cherry picked Bisping like a mfer, in my eyes that win and that belt would have so much more meaning if he defended it against Whitaker, win or lose. I guess he gave himself colitis or some shit though, whatever, new UFC is so full of shit lol...I do have to say I'm still a fan, Ill still root for him against Woodley or Conor.

GSP is a class act, but beating an old washed up journeymen then bouncing is weak.

i heard people in alaska thought GSP was legit at MW because he beat 38YO top20 can
PicardLaughing.jpg

I am an undeniable huge GSP fan and nobody will ever diminish how incredible his comeback win over Bisping in my eyes. However, I am sadly disappointed by his decision to duck Whittaker. He could have taken that fight, lost badly, and still held his head up high.

These convoluted weight gain and illness issues just don't cut it for me. If your sick, then stay out until your well and fight Whittaker. Regardless of how long it takes. And if you were having trouble putting on the mass to compete at middleweight, then you shouldn't have been there in the first place.

While I'm a yuuuge fan I am not a nuthugger, (ala conor fans) and I can accept the facts that are right before my eyes. GSP saw a weak champ in Bisping, never intended to defend the MW belt, and is basically in cahoots with The UFC to shelve himself until a superfight with CM can be made.

In conclusion...the UFC is basically garbage right now.

I dunno. I agree with everything you say, really, but not with your final conclusion.

I mean, didn't we all know going in that the plan was to capture the MW belt, then fight Conor, then retire again? If that's what anyone paying attention expected, how are we supposed to be disappointed?

He's paid his dues. He was king of WW for years. He's not going to come back and just put in grunt work for another string of fights/defenses. He's an older guy. He doesn't have a run like that left in him. Conor isn't about to do anything but a couple of bigger fights either (if that). Set it up. Let's have a fun night, and let the man retire with a bang.

Why do we want to see everybody just fizzle out?

Back