I would have respect GSP so much more for losing at MW

DWAYNEAMERICA

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
I am an undeniable huge GSP fan and nobody will ever diminish how incredible his comeback win over Bisping in my eyes. However, I am sadly disappointed by his decision to duck Whittaker. He could have taken that fight, lost badly, and still held his head up high.

These convoluted weight gain and illness issues just don't cut it for me. If your sick, then stay out until your well and fight Whittaker. Regardless of how long it takes. And if you were having trouble putting on the mass to compete at middleweight, then you shouldn't have been there in the first place.

While I'm a yuuuge fan I am not a nuthugger, (ala conor fans) and I can accept the facts that are right before my eyes. GSP saw a weak champ in Bisping, never intended to defend the MW belt, and is basically in cahoots with The UFC to shelve himself until a superfight with CM can be made.

In conclusion...the UFC is basically garbage right now.

Why are Yellow Cards able to start threads?

Makes no sense.

This is all Bisping's fault. GSP just came in to save the day and get out. Thanks GSP!

At least the right title holder will now hold the belt. Finally!

this is so demeaning to bisping....

seriously makes him look like a joke

Who didn't see this coming? Bisping man, he fooked the division. Then GSP came in for sloppy seconds smh :(

He doesn't have many fight years left most likely. He just had a 4 year layoff after arguably one of his worst showings to date against Hendricks. He probably doesn't want to knock off the remainder of his fight years taking a fight he isn't comfortable taking. If 185 isn't good for him, it isn't good for him. It's better for him to acknowledge that early and either go back to where he belongs or retire.

he's clearly not holding up the division. Whittaker was the better champ than Bisping (and, in turn, GSP) anyway.

guy is one of the classiest all time greats with probably the most well rounded skillset of all time. he never ducked any contender to his belt. If he doesn't have your respect already, he's probably never going to have it so who gives a fuck?

GSP saw a weak champ in Bisping, never intended to defend the MW belt, and is basically in cahoots with The UFC to shelve himself until a superfight with CM can be made.

This! gsp is the kind of guy who taps to strikes and quit after the beating Jonny gave him so he wouldn’t have to rematch the guy. Gsp is a front runner and a damn duck. Gsp is a fraud and all you sherdog posters are ignorant trash.

i think its sooo funny... a week before the fight we were hearing how bisping is one of the all time greats, how he was such a decorated fighter and so on and so on, now everyone rags on him for what he really is/was. smh

Do you think this is a bad thread?

If so I'm sincerely interested in your reasons why.

You have been issued a Yellow Card for breaking rules.

What are the consequences? Text in a yellow font?

I believe it should prevent starting of new threads.

But Sherdog needs to continue generating advertising money even with nonsense content.

He doesn't have many fight years left most likely. He just had a 4 year layoff after arguably one of his worst showings to date against Hendricks. He probably doesn't want to knock off the remainder of his fight years taking a fight he isn't comfortable taking. If 185 isn't good for him, it isn't good for him. It's better for him to acknowledge that early and either go back to where he belongs or retire.

he's clearly not holding up the division. Whittaker was the better champ than Bisping (and, in turn, GSP) anyway.

If he doesn't have your respect already, he's probably never going to have it so who gives a fuck?

What are you his fucking manager?

His accountant?

His mom?

Think like a fan and not someone who making excuses for a fighter who pulls these kind of stunts that fuck us (fans) over.

You have been issued a Yellow Card for breaking rules.

What are the consequences? Text in a yellow font?

I believe it should prevent starting of new threads.

But Sherdog needs to continue generating advertising money even with nonsense content.

I think there are different levels of privilege loss depending on the infraction. In the past I have lost new thread posting privileges for more serious violations of the terms of service.

This is idiotic. GSP came back from years off the sport, riddled with injures from giving everything he has to MMA. He cleaned up the sport by pushing for USADA and has earned the right to do as he damn well pleases.

Last edited:
This is idiotic. GSP came back from years off the sport, riddled with injures and has given everything he has to MMA. He cleaned up the sport by pushing for USADA and has earned the right to do as he damn well pleases.

And while you're blowing him does he give you the gentlemanly tap on the head before he ejaculates?

What are you his fucking manager?

His accountant?

His mom?

Think like a fan and not someone who making excuses for a fighter who pulls these kind of stunts that fuck us (fans) over.

Why would a fan not want to see a great fighter fight at his best?

If his best isn't at 185, it's not at 185. No amount of bitching can change that.

There is no stunt and no one is getting fucked over so long as he vacates and doesn't hold up the division.

I am an undeniable huge GSP fan and nobody will ever diminish how incredible his comeback win over Bisping in my eyes. However, I am sadly disappointed by his decision to duck Whittaker. He could have taken that fight, lost badly, and still held his head up high.

These convoluted weight gain and illness issues just don't cut it for me. If your sick, then stay out until your well and fight Whittaker. Regardless of how long it takes. And if you were having trouble putting on the mass to compete at middleweight, then you shouldn't have been there in the first place.

While I'm a yuuuge fan I am not a nuthugger, (ala conor fans) and I can accept the facts that are right before my eyes. GSP saw a weak champ in Bisping, never intended to defend the MW belt, and is basically in cahoots with The UFC to shelve himself until a superfight with CM can be made.

What's convoluted about him developing colitis due to him bulking up and gaining weight? Understand colitis before you speak and the consequences that could happen to him should he continue bulking up to a weight he clearly can't maintain. This isn't some flu that he caught that can be cured by taking a pill. This is a lifelong thing he's going to have to deal with and the choices he makes now will be with him for the rest of his life. GSP did this as a challenge and I'm sure he didn't expect to walk away with colitis. He's smart for not fucking with his health at this point in his life. If you can't see that then you clearly don't respect him enough to call yourself a fan.

Back