I wonder how a McGregor vs Holloway rematch would go

Holloway might be the most improved fighter in the UFC over the last 5 or so years, he cannot be counted out.
However Conor cannot make 145, so we will never find out.

I think it would be a very interesting fight to see, even more interesting than Conor vs Ferguson which will probably be an easy TKO for McGregor (I mean El Cucuy has good recovery but his chin isn't as tough as Nate's and he's been through some serious wars lately. He does go down and it doesn't take a helluva blow to do it), surely more interesting than a Diaz rematch...God forbid

When they last fought Max was still very young and green but since then he has looked unstoppable and always improving. Probably he gets hit a little but he is great at controlling distance and making sure he is not overwhelmed. He has supreme cardio and never seems to gas. I am not very sure about his TDD and ground game seeing as he got schooled by Conor who his not known for his wrestling and ground skills. I do reckon he has a solid guillotine but he's no Maia in BJJ or DC in wrestling.

Conor, on the other hand, did show some flaws lately, one of them (probably the most outstanding) being his stamina and conditioning. It is remarkable how in their first fight he showed no sign of serious fatigue and looked like he could go for other 3 or 4 rounds. Technically speaking I think he still wins in the striking department from a technical standpoint but what if the fight goes to the later rounds? Holloway proved he's well able to whitstand the power and has one of the best chins p4p, but will Conor be able to go 4th and 5th against him, will it be the same Conor that fought Holloway 4 years ago?
It would also be interesting to see if Max's grappling and ground game has evolved to a point where he is the threat to Conor and not viceversa.

My take is that as of today Conor is probably a more powerful and explosive fighter than he used to and this may be one of the reasons why his cardio has become mediocre (and that's being generous). This means he heas a greater chance of putting Max to sleep or at least TKO him. But, if he doesn't whitin the first 2-3 rounds then I think he's fucked and will end p getting tko'd himself.

BTW I'd really love to watch it, probably one of the most intriguing rematches and title fights out there

The biggest reason why he didn't show any signs of gassing, was cause he was fighting at a weight he was used to fighting at...the only time, conor has ever gassed in any fight, was at 170lbs. another factor, but less of a reason, is that when conor can dictate the pace, he can go all night long...But i feel the biggest issue was the weight at 170.

Holloway is a great fighter, but I don't think anyone can stand and trade with McGregor right now you need to take some other avenue to victory with grappling even if you hurt him on the feet

I feel that edgar is going to beat max...i dont think max hits hard enough to really hurt edgar on the feet...and edgars wrestling is just too good..I think he will get max down, and win a decision...

if it goes beyond the first, mcgregor gets slaughtered, as usual

Maybe conor would ko him this time. Interesting thing is while I think Mcgregor is the better fighter I think Holloway is the only one that might enter the GOAT discussion. Conor will retire soon so even if he might have GOAT potential he won't have very many title defenses (if any) and the only non money related record he holds right now is fastest finish in a title fight. I like Holloway's chances against almost everybody at LW right now so if Holloway beats Edgar and Conor retires soon I think Holloway could move up and dominate the LW division as well.

I think max has a really good chin...aldo hit him with some big punches, and couldn't really hurt max at all...the the first fight with conor...conor hit him with some pretty big shots, in that 1st round...and didn't do anything to max...and since max literally never tires...I dont see conor stopping max...I'd say that max probably has just as good a chin as nate does...I know nate is more proven in that area...but I think max rivals him.

Max wins a five rounder for sure. 3 rounder would be close but Conor could still snag the first two rounds.

I got Max in a 5 rounder. He's actually very good at avoiding damage, I don't think I've seen him get rocked once, even against heavy hitters and great strikers like Aldo and Pettis. I see Conor winning the first 2 but with Max not having taken too much damage, then I see Max putting pressure and turning the tide. I don't think Conor has bad cardio but he definitely has the tendency to use too much more energy and gas out too early because of it. People are underestimating Holloway a bit too much here.

at 170lbs...conor tires....at 155lbs, in mma...I feel he can go 5 rounds...with a decent amount of energy to win...he may get tired..but he can hang in there till the end....he went all 5 rounds at 170lbs...I feel he can do a better job at 155.

Ain't he too skinny framed and short reached for LW? I think even Kevin Staphlee would murder him. Imagine Khabibo, hell even Conor controlled him and wrestlefucked him...nope, I don't think he has much of a chance of winning LW, never mind dominating and staying on top
Don't forget Edgar was a dominant champ at LW. Short reach isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be RDA's reach is 70", Alvarez's reach is 69" etc...

Max would beat him in a 5 rounder but in a 3 rounder, I think Conor would win the first two rounds for a 29-28.
Agreed. Conor is faster and more explosive on the feet. But Max is incredibly durable and has great cardio; he also has great striking technique. Once Conor started to gas a bit, Max's technique and striking diversity would start to take over. In a 5 round fight, I'd expect Max to finish Conor in the 4th or 5th round.

That being said, Conor is a monster in the first couple rounds, so it wouldn't be shocking if he stopped Max early.

at 170lbs...conor tires....at 155lbs, in mma...I feel he can go 5 rounds...with a decent amount of energy to win...he may get tired..but he can hang in there till the end....he went all 5 rounds at 170lbs...I feel he can do a better job at 155.
What in the world makes you think Conor would have better cardio at 155 than 170? You do realize that he didn't put on much weight for 170, right? He simply didn't have to dehydrate. If anything, his cardio will be worse at 155 because he actually has to cut.

only the dingbattiest of dingbats of mma fans wouldn't want to see this again, or assume one will destroy the other.

He figured out Aldo - something no one else has ever done in the UFC

If dropping and finishing Aldo means you figured him out then Conor also figured him out. It's not like Holloway went down 0-2, "figured out Aldo" and then won a 48-47 decision. He got a good shot in and stopped Aldo, it just was later in the fight and not as clean which is not a positive thing.

What in the world makes you think Conor would have better cardio at 155 than 170? You do realize that he didn't put on much weight for 170, right? He simply didn't have to dehydrate. If anything, his cardio will be worse at 155 because he actually has to cut.
In fact, Conor faded at nearly the same time vs Floyd at 154.

Back