I wonder how a McGregor vs Holloway rematch would go

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think it would be a very interesting fight to see, even more interesting than Conor vs Ferguson which will probably be an easy TKO for McGregor (I mean El Cucuy has good recovery but his chin isn't as tough as Nate's and he's been through some serious wars lately. He does go down and it doesn't take a helluva blow to do it), surely more interesting than a Diaz rematch...God forbid

When they last fought Max was still very young and green but since then he has looked unstoppable and always improving. Probably he gets hit a little but he is great at controlling distance and making sure he is not overwhelmed. He has supreme cardio and never seems to gas. I am not very sure about his TDD and ground game seeing as he got schooled by Conor who his not known for his wrestling and ground skills. I do reckon he has a solid guillotine but he's no Maia in BJJ or DC in wrestling.

Conor, on the other hand, did show some flaws lately, one of them (probably the most outstanding) being his stamina and conditioning. It is remarkable how in their first fight he showed no sign of serious fatigue and looked like he could go for other 3 or 4 rounds. Technically speaking I think he still wins in the striking department from a technical standpoint but what if the fight goes to the later rounds? Holloway proved he's well able to whitstand the power and has one of the best chins p4p, but will Conor be able to go 4th and 5th against him, will it be the same Conor that fought Holloway 4 years ago?
It would also be interesting to see if Max's grappling and ground game has evolved to a point where he is the threat to Conor and not viceversa.

My take is that as of today Conor is probably a more powerful and explosive fighter than he used to and this may be one of the reasons why his cardio has become mediocre (and that's being generous). This means he heas a greater chance of putting Max to sleep or at least TKO him. But, if he doesn't whitin the first 2-3 rounds then I think he's fucked and will end p getting tko'd himself.

BTW I'd really love to watch it, probably one of the most intriguing rematches and title fights out there

Max would beat him in a 5 rounder but in a 3 rounder, I think Conor would win the first two rounds for a 29-28.

Conor stops him this time around

Both got injured

Last fight

I'd be down for the rematch but I don' see it happening. Frankie will beat Max.

Same same. But different. But still same.

Holloway is a great fighter, but I don't think anyone can stand and trade with McGregor right now you need to take some other avenue to victory with grappling even if you hurt him on the feet

Max would still have a big reach disadvantage and it would have to be up at 155 now.

So Conor, probably by stoppage with the extra power.

Maybe conor would ko him this time. Interesting thing is while I think Mcgregor is the better fighter I think Holloway is the only one that might enter the GOAT discussion. Conor will retire soon so even if he might have GOAT potential he won't have very many title defenses (if any) and the only non money related record he holds right now is fastest finish in a title fight. I like Holloway's chances against almost everybody at LW right now so if Holloway beats Edgar and Conor retires soon I think Holloway could move up and dominate the LW division as well.

I got Max in a 5 rounder. He's actually very good at avoiding damage, I don't think I've seen him get rocked once, even against heavy hitters and great strikers like Aldo and Pettis. I see Conor winning the first 2 but with Max not having taken too much damage, then I see Max putting pressure and turning the tide. I don't think Conor has bad cardio but he definitely has the tendency to use too much more energy and gas out too early because of it. People are underestimating Holloway a bit too much here.

speed and power advantage too evident for connor

who BTW now is a 155er

Maybe conor would ko him this time. Interesting thing is while I think Mcgregor is the better fighter I think Holloway is the only one that might enter the GOAT discussion. Conor will retire soon so even if he might have GOAT potential he won't have very many title defenses (if any) and the only non money related record he holds right now is fastest finish in a title fight. I like Holloway's chances against almost everybody at LW right now so if Holloway beats Edgar and Conor retires soon I think Holloway could move up and dominate the LW division as well.

Ain't he too skinny framed and short reached for LW? I think even Kevin Staphlee would murder him. Imagine Khabibo, hell even Conor controlled him and wrestlefucked him...nope, I don't think he has much of a chance of winning LW, never mind dominating and staying on top

Idk I thought Max's win over Aldo was better than Conor's personally. Not taking anything away from Conor, just praise for max, the way he systematically broke Aldo down was crazy. I'd say this would be an extremely close fight

Idk I thought Max's win over Aldo was better than Conor's personally. Not taking anything away from Conor, just praise for max, the way he systematically broke Aldo down was crazy. I'd say this would be an extremely close fight

You can't really say it's better, Conor did sublimely counter him and hit that sweet spot and knowing the fighter and striker Conor is we all know it wasn't out of pure luck.
Both great wins, one showed dominance and heart, the other superior skill and perfect timing.

BTW I really have no clue who would win the rematch

Holloway did a nice job swarming Aldo after dropping him but Aldo was up 2-0 before then. Was not that impressive to me.

Holloway did a nice job swarming Aldo after dropping him but Aldo was up 2-0 before then. Was not that impressive to me.
He figured out Aldo - something no one else has ever done in the UFC

I think it would be a very interesting fight to see, even more interesting than Conor vs Ferguson which will probably be an easy TKO for McGregor (I mean El Cucuy has good recovery but his chin isn't as tough as Nate's and he's been through some serious wars lately. He does go down and it doesn't take a helluva blow to do it), surely more interesting than a Diaz rematch...God forbid

When they last fought Max was still very young and green but since then he has looked unstoppable and always improving. Probably he gets hit a little but he is great at controlling distance and making sure he is not overwhelmed. He has supreme cardio and never seems to gas. I am not very sure about his TDD and ground game seeing as he got schooled by Conor who his not known for his wrestling and ground skills. I do reckon he has a solid guillotine but he's no Maia in BJJ or DC in wrestling.

Conor, on the other hand, did show some flaws lately, one of them (probably the most outstanding) being his stamina and conditioning. It is remarkable how in their first fight he showed no sign of serious fatigue and looked like he could go for other 3 or 4 rounds. Technically speaking I think he still wins in the striking department from a technical standpoint but what if the fight goes to the later rounds? Holloway proved he's well able to whitstand the power and has one of the best chins p4p, but will Conor be able to go 4th and 5th against him, will it be the same Conor that fought Holloway 4 years ago?
It would also be interesting to see if Max's grappling and ground game has evolved to a point where he is the threat to Conor and not viceversa.

My take is that as of today Conor is probably a more powerful and explosive fighter than he used to and this may be one of the reasons why his cardio has become mediocre (and that's being generous). This means he heas a greater chance of putting Max to sleep or at least TKO him. But, if he doesn't whitin the first 2-3 rounds then I think he's fucked and will end p getting tko'd himself.

BTW I'd really love to watch it, probably one of the most intriguing rematches and title fights out there

LOL
Conot nutsuckers are so desperate, that now that DIaz fight will be an obvious duck, they try to claim that fighting in a division Conor run away from (and shamefully forfeited his belt) is more attractive than unifying his last remaining belt....

You can't really say it's better, Conor did sublimely counter him and hit that sweet spot and knowing the fighter and striker Conor is we all know it wasn't out of pure luck.
Both great wins, one showed dominance and heart, the other superior skill and perfect timing.

BTW I really have no clue who would win the rematch
It was awesome yes, but I can say it was better. I'm not making excuses cause he lost, but that is not how Aldo fights, and that's partially why he got beat in 13 seconds

Don't care, seen it already and it wasn't great.

Back