I woke up from a nap thinking it was five years ago

FierceRedBelt

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Not anything specific to the date but I woke up thinking I was in my old room and I had to get ready for the job I was working back then. It took a solid twenty seconds to realize something was wrong too.

Anyone have any experience with this?

No but it sounds like a good movie , someone wakes up and it's 5 years earlier .....what do you do ?

Huh? We still got a few more years of Obama. I heard Trump might run next election. He's probably joking though.

I'm also thinking of jumping on Bitcoin now. It's like $40 a Bitcoin. Good idea?

Huh? We still got a few more years of Obama. I heard Trump might run next election. He's probably joking though.

I'm also thinking of jumping on Bitcoin now. It's like $40 a Bitcoin. Good idea?

tumblr_n2owcmmvGk1rfd7lko1_400.gif

When you dream you are actually living another reality. Another time, another place, another possibility in your life. That's why so many of your dreams are very similar to real life, just with some minute differences that are just slightly off. Just enough to make you think it was only a dream.

When you go to sleep, your consciousness visits alternate realities, alternate versions of you, and the resulting foggy memory when you awaken is all you retain.

One of the best feelings in the world is waking up and going through the motions of getting ready for work only to realize as you are putting on pants, its your off day.

That happened once or twice when I was working 60hour weeks at a factory job

When you dream you are actually living another reality. Another time, another place, another possibility in your life. That's why so many of your dreams are very similar to real life, just with some minute differences that are just slightly off. Just enough to make you think it was only a dream.

When you go to sleep, your consciousness visits alternate realities, alternate versions of you, and the resulting foggy memory when you awaken is all you retain.
<Moyes5>

<Dany07>

One of the best feelings in the world is waking up and going through the motions of getting ready for work only to realize as you are putting on pants, its your off day.

That happened once or twice when I was working 60hour weeks at a factory job

The best morning of my life is the day after I got fired. Woke up at the usual time, go dressed, drove all the way to work and realized that I didn't have to work.

It was a million pounds off my shoulders.

The best morning of my life is the day after I got fired. Woke up at the usual time, go dressed, drove all the way to work and realized that I didn't have to work.

It was a million pounds off my shoulders.
What did you do for money?

<{danawhoah}>
<{Joewithit}>
<Dana05>

Not anything specific to the date but I woke up thinking I was in my old room and I had to get ready for the job I was working back then. It took a solid twenty seconds to realize something was wrong too.

Anyone have any experience with this?

dude, I think you should talk to a clinical psychologist about this.

that is very abnormal.

by the way, was this your face/state of mind during your "snapping back to reality" moment?

<{Joewithit}>

dude, I think you should talk to a clinical psychologist about this.

that is very abnormal.

by the way, was this your face/state of mind during your "snapping back to reality" moment?

<{Joewithit}>
More like this:
michael-scott-dah.gif

I looked around and knew where I was and then immediately tried to identify the time period of my life I was dreaming about during my nap. But the first twenty seconds or so was all about how I needed to do before dragging myself to work.

Also I've definitely had naps where I would wake up and not know where I was, when I was, or even who I was.

Those are the best naps.

I have had this phenomena happen to me many times. Years way back as if I was born centuries ago....

Idk man that sounds almost like Alzheimer's where the person thinks there back as a child and their parents are alive but have been dead for 20 years. I don't want to alarm you op but you might want to bring this up to someone if it keeps happening.

Closest I've had it is I've taken a nap and I'd think it's morning. Like 6 am when it's really 6 pm and I slept an hour not 15 hours or something

Back